[BXP] BAT Xtras Packs - Modpacks for BAT 3.0 and above

@ Jenk, Buford...

I think it's now been definitively proven. I can be a real idiot now and then.

The problem is that there is a schema file missing from the Assets\Modules\Varietas Delectat\XML\UnitInfos folder.

This is the file below. Put it in that folder, and rename it to take the "txt" extension off of it. The MEE should work, without the many load errors. You will still get one for Australia until I fix that, but it doesn't affect the game AFAIK.

View attachment CIV4UnitSchema.xml.txt

Sorry for the mess. :blush:

@ Entwood:

Thanks for the support. (And the constant stream of good ideas. ;) )

oh oh - guess my aussie game is on hold for a bit then.

oh oh - guess my aussie game is on hold for a bit then.
No, it still works. It's just that the Digger unit is defined twice, and the second instance doesn't load. I stomped this one twice, but I think I mixed up my files on the build. :blush:

I'm hoping to have a chance to correct my nit-wit-ness by the weekend. :)

Thanks for the fix Lemon Merchant, but I must admit I still am not able to get it working right. I know there is most likely a simple solution to this.... but how does one rename the file to drop the txt?

Under "properties" for the file I find .txt lacking from the name when I attempt to modify it but I still find the file is a .txt. I checked under "details" within "properties" and found the name with the .txt hitched onto the rear of the .xml, but I am unable to alter that name. I'm using windows 7 if that might help shed any light.

So in closing.... I'm confused and not as tech savy as I would like to be =(.

Huzzah, figured it out. Going to play a bit before I have to go to soul crushing work.

Thanks again!

Wow, that was fast, thank you Lemon!

@ Jenk, Buford...

I think it's now been definitively proven. I can be a real idiot now and then.

snip...

And please... Don't do that! ;)

I copied the file as you suggested and it works now. The error message you mentioned from Australia is coming as expected. Just to inform you: there is another one that comes four times in a row regarding a promotion, which seems new to me(see spoiler).

Spoiler :
---------------------------
XML Error
Tag: PROMOTION_GUNNERY_CONTROL in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: modules\varietas delectat\xml\unitinfo\modernera_4vd_water_civ4unitinfos.xml
OK

XML Error
Current XML file is: modules\varietas delectat\xml\unitinfo\modernera_4vd_water_civ4unitinfos.xml
OK

XML Error
OK

XML Error
OK

XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML file modules\australia\xml\digger\australia_civ4civilizationinfos.xml.
OK

XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for modules\australia\xml\digger\australia_civ4civilizationinfos.xml.
OK

And thank you again for all the work and your first class customer support. :)

EDIT: I also noticed the appearance of a "minor nation" in the civiliopedia. It seems a bit odd. The tooltip over the leaderhead just says "barbarian". It starts with a lot of techs. I assume this is needed for the BAT mod?

Lemon, I just wanted to drop in to say thank you for your work on this. I love BAT. I'm staying with 2.3 until the merge with Better BUG AI, but then I'll switch to 3.x right away. Looking forward to that day! :)

I copied the file as you suggested and it works now. The error message you mentioned from Australia is coming as expected. Just to inform you: there is another one that comes four times in a row regarding a promotion, which seems new to me(see spoiler).

Spoiler :
XML Error
OK

XML Error
OK

XML Error
OK

XML Error
OK

XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML file modules\australia\xml\digger\australia_civ4civilizationinfos.xml.
OK

XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for modules\australia\xml\digger\australia_civ4civilizationinfos.xml.
OK

And thank you again for all the work and your first class customer support. :)
You're welcome. :)

Thanks for being patient.

EDIT: I also noticed the appearance of a "minor nation" in the civiliopedia. It seems a bit odd. The tooltip over the leaderhead just says "barbarian". It starts with a lot of techs. I assume this is needed for the BAT mod?
Part of the hiccup with this is the fact that the MEE is made for both Varietas, and for Avain's other mod, Quot Capita. There seems to be some extra XML enabled for some reason that I didn't catch. Also, the Australia pack seems to enable the Digger unit in a way that is incompatible with the MEE, even though the code is there in the MEE. I did some housecleaning on my machine between builds, and it looks like I might have altered something and undone my fixes. I'll try to get at least the MEE fixed up and uploaded today. That should solve most of the problems for now.

Lemon, I just wanted to drop in to say thank you for your work on this. I love BAT. I'm staying with 2.3 until the merge with Better BUG AI, but then I'll switch to 3.x right away. Looking forward to that day! :)
Thank you Todd. I'm happy that you are enjoying BAT. :)

The BAT release for BetterBUG AI will be released as a patch to BAT 3.x, it won't be a full blown release. You'll need to download 3.x anyway, so you might just as well bite the bullet, and start enjoying the new goodies now (IMHO).

'Cuz you know, all the cool kids are doing it. :D

Update!

I have made some corrections to the two problem BXP releases (Australia, and the MEE), and I am currently uploading them to SourceForge. They should be available around 13:30 EST today.

I have also released the Extra LeaderHeads package from Varietas, with a BAT compatible installer. That will also be available at 13:30.

Enjoy!

(It looks like ruff_hi gets his Oz game after all. :) )

Thank you very much for the updates. All error messages are gone now, except the Digger one, as expected.

I can't wait to start a game on the weekend. I installed the leaderheads and I really like them. Quite surprising to meet Pol Pot...

So, again thank you Lemon for your work around the BAT mod. With Better AI it will epic. Although I may have to go back to Warlord difficulty... :lol:

Best regards,

Buford.

P.S. Since installing the new patched files and the leaderheads I can reproduce a CTD:

1. Start a new game (large map)
2. Exit to Main menu
3. Start a new game again -> CTD (Memory error, bad allocation)

Nothing dramatic! :)

hey LM ... recently worked out how to do the following:

Spoiler :

Do you want one for The Bat Mod? Do we have a 'bat' icon?

How do I install MEE so that it is an optional add-on rather than being automatically loaded with BAT? I took a look at the units and decided I didn't want them in my game. The extra civs are nice, tho.

Thank you very much for the updates. All error messages are gone now, except the Digger one, as expected.
OMG! Still? It works perfectly on my machines. Arrrgh! :mad:

Er, did you delete the Australia folder in Modules, before reinstalling it? That might fix it. :blush:

I can't wait to start a game on the weekend. I installed the leaderheads and I really like them. Quite surprising to meet Pol Pot...
I'm not exactly in favor of having all of the leaderheads that are offered in the game. I don't agree that living leaders should be in the game, but it's Avain's modpack, and I respect him enough to convert it and provide it unchanged.

If there is an extra leader that you don't like, you can simply delete the leader's folder in the Custom Leaderheads\XML directory.

P.S. Since installing the new patched files and the leaderheads I can reproduce a CTD:
What you're experiencing is pretty normal. There is a lot of overhead with the leader pack, and it can cause MAFs. I always set my autosave frequency to three or four turns in case of MAF's. They are rare for me, but they still happen. Unfortunately, this is something that can't be fixed.

hey LM ... recently worked out how to do the following:

Spoiler :

Do you want one for The Bat Mod? Do we have a 'bat' icon?
I love it! We do have a BAT icon, but it's sort of jagged. I was thinking of cleaning it up a little. Now I have a good reason. :)

How do I install MEE so that it is an optional add-on rather than being automatically loaded with BAT? I took a look at the units and decided I didn't want them in my game. The extra civs are nice, tho.
The MEE can't be an option without some fancy footwork on our parts, and I doubt that will ever happen, given the demands of real life, sorry.

The easiest way to remove the MEE is to uninstall BAT, delete the BAT Mod 3.0 folder and then re-install it. When you install the new civs, remember not to tick the MEE box. The leader pack isn't affected by the MEE.

I know it's a bit of a pain, but there really isn't an easier way. :(

LM said:
The MEE can't be an option without some fancy footwork on our parts, and I doubt that will ever happen, given the demands of real life, sorry.

The easiest way to remove the MEE is to uninstall BAT, delete the BAT Mod 3.0 folder and then re-install it. When you install the new civs, remember not to tick the MEE box. The leader pack isn't affected by the MEE.

I know it's a bit of a pain, but there really isn't an easier way. :(
I would suggest renaming your current BAT to 'BAT-MEE' and reinstalling BAT. Then you can have both (assuming you have the free disk space).

I would suggest renaming your current BAT to 'BAT-MEE' and reinstalling BAT. Then you can have both (assuming you have the free disk space).
Oooh! Good idea. Don't forget to rename the ini file. I think it has to match the folder name, doesn't it?

Somebody more intelligent correct me if I'm wrong...

the 'name of mod'.ini will auto create if it isn't there. Or are you talking about a different ini file? I'm not sure what will happen to your BAT options, but sharing options in this situation shouldn't be a problem ... more a feature.

The BAT release for BetterBUG AI will be released as a patch to BAT 3.x, it won't be a full blown release. You'll need to download 3.x anyway, so you might just as well bite the bullet, and start enjoying the new goodies now (IMHO).

'Cuz you know, all the cool kids are doing it. :D

Oh, oh, I want to be cool, too. ;)
Seriously, though, good AI is even more important to me than nice Graphics, so I'll just wait for the latter until it is possible to have it together with the former. Or is there already an easy (! I'm no good at compiling a new dll) way to have BAT 3 with the current Better BUG AI?

OMG! Still? It works perfectly on my machines. Arrrgh! :mad:

Er, did you delete the Australia folder in Modules, before reinstalling it? That might fix it. :blush:

Thank you! That did it. No error messages any more! :goodjob:

If there is an extra leader that you don't like, you can simply delete the leader's folder in the Custom Leaderheads\XML directory.

And thank you for that hint, too. I don't know, maybe it is because I am German, but I feel a bit ... uncomfortable seeing Hitler in a game :blush:

OK, I am not a tech savvy person by any stretch but I've loved this Series for a long, long time. In the last year I discovered BtS, and just got comfy playing around with BUG, PIG, and the Destiny Mod. I've spent a lot of time over on the SF BUG Wiki, and I just started reading about BAT, it sounds pretty cool, I want to try it so let me ask a pretty dumb question:

Am I going to just download this thing and run it from my current set up of BtS like I do with PIG or BUG? I've seen some discussions about errors popping up, seems pretty easy to get taken care of, but do I need to worry about this goofing up any of my other games that are under way?

Again, I apologize if this sounds to noobish, I'm just an old guy who enjoys playing PC games!

No. Just run the installer, and it will put BAT in the proper place. You'll need to load BAT like any other mod, so it won't mess up any of your games, or other mods that you may have installed. :)

@ Buford:

Yay!!! :D

Top Bottom