Trying to mod the BAT mod.

Chieftain
Hi, I'm brand new to this so apologies if I am unaware of forum etiquette.

I love the changes made in the BAT mod but there are a couple minor adjustments I'd like to make. I've managed to alter unit info successfully via notepad and added a unique building and unit. However I cannot figure out how to get the game to recognize that the unique barracks I made belongs to Japanese Empire. Or be able to change the Japanese colour to blue instead of red. I did this no problem with the BUG mod via editing CIV4INFOS but the BAT mod continues to stump me.

If anyone can help I would certainly appreciate it.

To change the color of the civs around in BAT, find the proper Civ4Info file (I'm not sure which one it is) that you edited before. Copy it into the appropriate folder in BAT and edit to your heart's content.

BAT loads from the MOD folders first and if it can't find something that it needs, it looks for it in the BTS install folders and if it can't find it there it looks in the Vanilla install folders. So putting the file into BAT's XML folders will make sure that it loads your modified one.

Getting the game to recognize that the unique barracks belongs to the Japanese would involve editing the Art Def files, as well as possibly some python and SDK work, if the building does anything out of the ordinary, and for sure some further XML changes. If you just want the art changed, it's easy, but you'd also have to edit Civ4BuildingsInfo to change the barracks. That's the easiest way, I think, since I don't have a complete idea of what you're trying to do.

Thanks for your help. It was a matter of finding the correct file to edit. No problems with that anymore though. These BUG and BAT mods sure are fantastic pieces of computer gaming.

Glad you got it working. :)

Top Bottom