"Don't Tread On Me, but Imma Tread on Your Head" say Rand Paul Supporters

Curbstomping a political oppentent is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

downtown

Crafternoon Delight
Yup. Outside of the Paul/Conway debate in Kentucky last night, some Paul guys decided it would be a great idea to reenact the curbstomping scene from American History X on a MoveOn.Org vol.
http://gawker.com/5673264/womans-head-stomped-at-kentucky-senate-debate

(Mods, if you know how to imbed videos, or somebody else, I'll do it here)

And the story:
gawker said:
A woman protesting against Kentucky Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul outside Monday night's debate was dragged to the ground and had her head "stomped" by a sneaker-wearing old man. Kentucky: You need to take a chill pill.

The woman, Lauren Valle, is a Pennsylvania-based volunteer for the liberal organization MoveOn. She's apparently okay, and the police are describing her injuries as "minor," though she did go to the hospital complaining of "injury to the temple area."

Valle was at the debate wearing a blonde wig and carrying a sign that said "RepubliCorp." She explained the nature of her stunt to local television station WDRB:

"I'm here to present Rand Paul with the 'Employee of the Month' award, however his supporters were not very nice to me and my message which is same as everyone else. I got my head stepped on and I have a bit of a headache."

According to the Lexington Police Department, Valle was accosted while trying to reach Paul and get her picture taken, at which point "she was either tripped on purpose or pushed to the ground." And, as if that wasn't gruesome enough, some nutbar—as you can see in the video—stepped on her head. The people who committed the assault are still unknown.

I've been to two debates this election cycle in Indiana, and I'll go to two more, and things are getting pretty chippy...we already had a fight at the Nevada Senate debate, and Joe Miller put a reporter in handcuffs last week. Should something be done? Is this okay? Does the fact that these guys purposely chose a CURBSTOMP have any kind of significance? (That was for you Forma)

Poll coming

As of right now, nobody has been charged with an assault, even though it was clear that two people assaulted this woman.

And this makes them different than Black Panthers in Chicago how? Maybe the justice department will turn a blind eye to this too via orders from the President, eh?

Or not.

But yeah, I can see altercations breaking out as feelings this election are running really high. Arrest and charget those that break the law and carry on as needed.

That is despicable. I wonder what brought this reaction from the Rand Paul supporters.

Just her rushing to protest Rand Paul?

The guys who attacked her should be beaten at least to within an inch of their lives. Men don't hit girls.

Nice caveat, but not all women act like girls. If they insist on acting like men, then by all means treat them like men.

And thats not an endorsement of bootstomping someone, just on how to treat women that want to be treated like men. ;)

Nice caveat, but not all women act like girls. If they insist on acting like men, then by all means treat them like men.

And thats not an endorsement of bootstomping someone, just on how to treat women that want to be treated like men. ;)

Sounds like endorsing some sort of harm against women that you deem to be "acting like men". Although the smiley at the end makes it OK I guess.

"Real" men shouldn't hit anyone unless they have a bloody good reason.

Stomping on other peoples heads isnt a good way to get more political support from people who are undecided. Its not nice either.

Sounds like endorsing some sort of harm against women that you deem to be "acting like men". Although the smiley at the end makes it OK I guess.

The gendered patriarchy asserts itself threatening physical violence if womyn break the prescribed gender roles and norms! See the inherent violence in the patriarchal system which beats and oppresses womyn who dare to stand up for themselves.

That post (I dont understand half it though) makes me wonder if she would have been stomped on if she was a mail.

Let's not jump to conclusions here. Okay, some of Rand Paul's supporters roughed up a MoveOn.org rep, but let's not claim that all Republicans are like this.

Nor that even all of Rang Pauls supporters act like that....

Sounds like endorsing some sort of harm against women that you deem to be "acting like men". Although the smiley at the end makes it OK I guess

Where do I endorse harm? My statement is precisely neutral in that regard. For example, should male NASCAR drivers treat female NASCAR drivers differently simply becaue of their gender? No? Ok.

Perhaps your making an assumption based on your own emotions on the issue, eh?

My comment didnt allude to that either. Comprehension please.

That post (I dont understand half it though) makes me wonder if she would have been stomped on if she was a mail.

It might depend on her package....

And this makes them different than Black Panthers in Chicago how? Maybe the justice department will turn a blind eye to this too via orders from the President, eh?

Or not.

But yeah, I can see altercations breaking out as feelings this election are running really high. Arrest and charget those that break the law and carry on as needed.

LOL are you really going to defend this kind of humiliation? Really? :lol:

Except that, you know, it's not legal to treat a man like this either. You know, legality, the thing that you always say trumps everything else?

I don't think this was any attempt to recreate American History X. Curb Stomping did exist before that movie.

1. She wasn't black
2. She wasn't trying to steal their car
3. They aren't Nazis
4. They didn't kill her

Jerks just exist in all shapes and forms.

Though it is pretty obvious they aren't trying to hurt her, just humiliate her (I mean they really obviously could have hurt her if they had wanted), this is obviously still completely unacceptable and a sign that some of this harsh rhetoric does need toned down before something really bad does happen.

Also, if you actually look it was some other Tea Party people who reported this and according to one of the comments on the video, reported the name of the man who held her down to the police shortly after. At least they aren't all as nuts as those two men.

Edit: Here is a followup story from the comments: http://www.lisagraas.com/2010/10/paul-supporter-who-wrestled-woman-to.html

The Black Panthers had more of a reason than these Kentucky Fried Crazies.

LOL are you really going to defend this kind of humiliation? Really? :lol:

What part of 'arrest and charge' did you not grasp?

Except that, you know, it's not legal to treat a man like this either. You know, legality, the thing that you always say trumps everything else?

What part of 'arrest and charge' did you not grasp?

The federal government also did everything within and outside of it's powers to break the Black Panthers considering them the single greatest internal security threath in the US.

I personally wouldn't mind if the Tea Party was treated the same way. But the Tea Party are largely white, right-wing extremists not black Marxists like the Black Panthers were. So no suprise there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom