Mod Component Requests Thread

Hey, Guys, I was wondering if somebody could either make OR teach me how to make an option when your creating a game to set an "era limit" where it prevents you and the computer from researching past the selected era.

Could this work???:confused: ;)

Search this forum for "Limited Era Mod".

Is there any way to make a special worker unit thats able to build improvements on peaks...The absolute uslessness of peaks has begun to annoy me and im looking for a way to add flavor ie terraces and mines and roads to peaks <goto be some way to modify peaks so that foot only can access till roads are built and make the road building or tunneling take a very long time to improve it. Terraces are used throu out the world to farm on mountain sides <most notably south america and china> just wonderign ive seen one unit in genetic era mod that actually terraforms peaks to hills but thats still not quite the same ...

An effort to make a second distict leader for each 1-leader civ would be great, and when I say "distict," I mean high-quality, unique-looking leaderhead (such as the Hitler, Hirohito, Massina, Sadam, Basil II, etc) that you have to look at hard for a few seconds to figure out where it came from. Anyway, here are some suggestions, OK more of a wish-list:

Persia: Xerxes (he was in Civ III, let's get him back)

Carthage: Dido (would be awesome, but would probably be a big challenge as she would require a classical-looking female retex, and she's not as historical as perhaps other Carthaginian leaders).

Arabs: Nasser (yes, technically he was Egyptian, but he tried to create the Pan-Arab league), also could use Saddam (even though he's technically more Babylonian).

Greece: ? (there are some nice Classical male retextures out there, or a new one seems possible by basically changing the hair color, adding some wiskers or some such thing, and slapping a new breastplate texture in place).

Aztec: ? (no clue)

Inca: ? (no clue)

Japan: Hirohito (already done and looks marvelous), also Japan really should have a post-WWII financial leader available.

Mali: ? (no clue)

Spain: Charles Martel (warlike, maybe something like the chain-mail retex of Augustus. There are plenty of other Spanish options out there too, and I think it's a shame that a major European civ only has 1 leaderhead).

Celts: Boudica (some attempts have been made, but none really strikes me as distinct enough yet)

Korea: Kim Jong Il (maybe could be done with Mou? I don't really know of many other Korean leaders.)

Ottoman: Attaturk (Civ Gold put him in, but while he's a great choice, he just doesn't look at all like Attaturk.)

Viking: ? (I know that there's at least one out there made from Peter, but he could use a bit more ruggedness, at least some mail or furs or something.)

Zulu: ? (I'm not a great Zulu historian.)

OTHER MODDED CIVS:

Israel: Joshua or Macabee (retexture of Hannibal perhaps)

Byzantium: Constantine (perhaps a Julius tweak?)

Again, this is simply a wish-list of sorts, my ideas for how to even out the civ leaders. If anybody is wanting to do a leaderhead and has no idea who, I would invite you to please pick one of these, and if all get done, could somebody please compile them into a component or modpack? I know it's a long-shot, but thanks for reading.

Is there anyone there that would be willing to make a mod component that makes possible to build military units and improvements simultaniously? (Its silly to not be able to build a granary because you are training a warrior or a tank division)

Is there anyone there that would be willing to make a mod component that makes possible to build military units and improvements simultaniously? (Its silly to not be able to build a granary because you are training a warrior or a tank division)
The problem with that is that you must them split the production (hammers) of a city between the two build lists (military & civilian), effectively halving a city's production so that things just take twice as long to build. One solution would be to not half it, but rather apply the full production to both build lists, but then some would argue that you're effectively just playing with accelerated production on at that point, so why not just use that option?

The problem with that is that you must them split the production (hammers) of a city between the two build lists (military & civilian), effectively halving a city's production so that things just take twice as long to build. One solution would be to not half it, but rather apply the full production to both build lists, but then some would argue that you're effectively just playing with accelerated production on at that point, so why not just use that option?

The idea is to use full production to both lists. It wouldn´t be the same of playing whit accelerated production. In accelerated production you would make one first and then the other, also accelerated production affects techs.
This option could help a lot in improving the civilian part of the game and military part. Armies would be larger, making wars more dependable on strategy. Also there is the reality factor, you don´t have to stop the construction of an "improvement" on the city to train soldiers.

The idea is to use full production to both lists. It wouldn´t be the same of playing whit accelerated production. In accelerated production you would make one first and then the other, also accelerated production affects techs.
This option could help a lot in improving the civilian part of the game and military part. Armies would be larger, making wars more dependable on strategy. Also there is the reality factor, you don´t have to stop the construction of an "improvement" on the city to train soldiers.
What I meant, exactly, was that you could make a mod with doubled tech costs, food eaten, etc. (ie, nullify the accelerated production effects on everything but production), and play the mod with accelerated production on - it would then produce the same end result (you can build a military unit and a building in the same time it would normally take you to build one of them) and be much easier than programming a civilian & military build list, and getting the AI to use them properly as well. I understand it wouldn't have the same feel as two seperate build lists, and don't get me wrong I actually like the idea and have supported having seperate build lists for years, it's just another option for you.

I have posted some ideas here a few months ago, now I have some new ones in mind. Perhaps some of these have already been mentioned somewhere, so please excuse me for mentioning them again.
1. It would be nice to be able to spend excess gold for either Research, Culture, or Production/ Here's what I mean: even when research is at 100&#37; you can still be receiveing +50 gold, or whatever amount, in some cases it may be in the order of hundreds, or even thousnads. Supposing you do not want to inflate your treasury with this excess gold, I think it is just logical that you should be able to allocate it as you wish. So I propose two logical ways - research beyond 100%, or culture beyond 0% (if reserach is at 100%), beyond 10% (if research is at 90%), etc. Additionally a third way may be possible - production increase in all cities thoughout empire.
In terms of reserach it will be also invaluable. Frequently you may have 10000 in treasury, so you should easily be able at times rush by technologies. This brings me to number 2:
2. The way techs are research should also be alteered slightly.
- a new parameter should be added to all techs, whioch would basically determine the minimum number of turns a tech should be researched. In most cases I think it should be 0, but in some cases it may be more than 1. This way it will not be possible to just rush buy any tech.
- it should be possible to rush buy tech or significantly increase spending on it if you have extra gold
- you should not be limited to completing a research of just one tech per turn - this is to enable rush buying techs if you have huge treasury.
3. You should not be limited to producing just one unit or building per turn. It may well be that your city produces 100 hammers per turn. So why 70 hammers are to be wasted if the unit you're producing costs only 30? Instead you should produce 3 (100 mod 30) units, and transfer 10 hammers towards next turn's production. Because you cannot produce more than one of the same building - here you should be given a choice (with the ability to set and change default option) as to how to allocate the remaining hammers. I propose simply poping up "What do you want to construct next" menu untill you are out of hammers.
Thanks.

Also, perhaps I didn't get it right, but in Civ IV versus say CTP2 the city's founding tile (the one on which the city sists) has always fixed commerce, food, and hammer value, regardles of the terrain or resource. I think this is totally wrong - it should include the value of the terrain and resource if any.

Canneries <first appear in france under Napolean to feed his army's> Cans were first made from tin by hand then mass produced with tin coated steel later on..Bonus + health + one food per tile that produces more than one food or alternatly produce canned foods <another food and trade item > canned goods add + health and + movement for troops <easier to move an army with canned goods than any other type>

I don't know if I should post this here, but I looked everywhere and didn't see a better place.

Here's an idea, since I don't make mods or anything.

An A-A Gun inprovement that is like a road can go anywhere on top of other inprovements, but they have a 50% chance of shooting down a aircraft and a A-A gun building that you can build in cities that also have a chance of shooting a attacking aircraft.
Oh, and bombers should be able to destroy buildings in cities and lower city size. If any of that can be done.

That would be cool. OOOOH and maybe a unit that can paradrop. Oh one more thing, ships being able to attack land units, but I think that one has already been done.
:goodjob:

oh.. last thing, maybe make it that aircraft will attack land units if they go within range.

Don't know if any of that can be done but oh well.

Its already availble in basic form called a SAM infantry ..can be built in town and placed anywhere on the map ;o) no need to make it a tile imp

"Who would win in a fight the astronaught or the cave man ?" well 80
&#37; of the time im going to say the Astronaught..80% of astronaughts are military personell with extensive HTH combat training ..in a fight all other factors being equall the better trained and experienced fighter wins...Strength is a minor factor speed is a major factor ability to absorb damge is a major factor ...so thers a few to many variables to really anser this question...

Just remeber in life age treachery and experience is greater than youth strength and speed...

Is there a mod available for changing the generic "Future Tech"? What is the point of continued researching for more +1 :) and +1 :health: ? It would be nice to see some type of different random benefit for each Future Tech researched.

e.g. random benefits

+1 :) or :health: or :traderoute:
+ 10% :science: or :culture: or :gold: or :hammers:
+2 :food: or :gp:
+1 XP for new units
+1 XP for old units

There are probably a few other things I'm not thinking of as well that could have increases dealing with better efficiency from new techs.

Well, if it helps, my TechInfosPlus modcomp adds a Commerce and Yield modifier tag which you can adjust, which should allow you to make future techs change things like :commerce: :gold: :food: :science: :hammers: and :culture:. Check the download section under ModComponents and you should find it there. Hope this helps.

Aussie_Lurker.

Is there a mod available that will allow me to choose which civs are available for a new game? I enjoy the random starts in the game but it seems like I spend many games facing the same rival civs repeatedly. It would be nice to have a popup (or some other implementation) that would allow me to allow/disallow civs from being in the pool of available civs for the AI at the start of a game.

Any thoughts/comments/links to other mods is appreciated. Thanks!

What about a Favorite Victory Condition AI Tweak? It's been said numerous times that the computer only seems to go for Space Victory. Could it be changed so that each leader has a setting that gears production and tech toward one of the several conditions: Conquest, Dominion, Culture, Dipolomatic, or Space? (Adding in Religion and a Commerce would be an added bonus were somebody to do that.)

Could someone make a modified dll for vanilla Civ that allows for 30 civs or so? There is one already for warlords, but I'd like one for vanilla.

Thanks.

I see. Yeah; I did ask earlier, sorry. I didn't realize it was impossible; just thought it hadn't been done yet, :hammer2:

Top Bottom