D&D 3.5 Play-by-post: discussion (and possibly recruitment)

Well, flyingchicken did say he'd prefer to play a 4th edition game, so maybe you can find some more people and start one up. :)

I would be up for a 4e game too...

So, Henrebotha, when do you think this will start?

Seon: I won't start the game before next Sunday. Most likely, it'll take me a couple more days from then to figure out some things (though I have a cool adventure idea sort of half-formed).

Tasslehoff: That's fine, send it to me via PM.

kill fire: Have you looked through the PHB? If you want, you can also look in the DMG - in the very first (I think) chapter is an example of a game being played. This should help you to see how things play out (though my play style is quite a bit different from the way described there; and besides, we're playing on a forum so it'll be a bit less back-and-forth).

Tasslehoff, I sent you a PM - still waiting for a reply.

Ok, cool, just wanted to be sure you got the message. :)

I've been bouncing ideas off my writer girlfriend, and I think I have some really cool stuff lined up.

This starts in a few days... Correct?

Just can't wait for that storyline of yours :)

The things we write here isn't a website though. Pretty sure we can write what we want. You should ask Methos though.

I am in, how does one go about making a character for 4e?

I don't have the players handbook though...

I'm not a lawyer, so this is just my opinion, but I believe you are okay since you're not trying to publish it or make money off of your modifications. Nearly every campaign I've played in, or DM'ed, has modified it in some way (read: House Rules) and I believe the core books even discuss House Rules in them.

Sign me up for the 4E game. I'd like to know more about the campaign before making a character. At least some sort of summary to help generate character concepts.

Note: starting Saturday, I'll be away with limited internet access - don't expect a post every single day.

Having played in PbP games with modified rules, I think I can safely say you're allowed to do it ;)

Count me in for the 4e game as well, although I may have to join slightly late - see above.

---+ Aiken Laicos

Aiken Laicos it the epitome of the loveable rouge, his ability to keep a group entertained is well known locally. Always quick to enjoy himself, he will always takes the opportunities given to him. He knows his parents, but Aiken feels they do not understand him. His young age, and the lack of experience that comes with it often creates problems. He has not developed a mature body and so is not very strong, and he often finds it hard to make people take him seriously

He has good wits about him, and has learnt fast within the environment he inhabits. Aiken has no permanent home, often relying on the generosity of strangers. More often than not, he can be found in The Vagabond King; telling tall tales, or flirting and dancing with the waitress’s. Some see Aiken as immature and annoying, but the vast majority are glad to be within his company.

As a child, Aik enjoyed playing in the woods outside of Marchwall; here he gained skills through climbing the trees and practicing with his bow. He has got in a fair few scraps in his time through flirting with the wrong woman, or playing a practical joke on someone who doesn’t get it; from this he has gained some ability to read his opponent.

---+++ Attributes

* Strength - Mediocre
* Dexterity/Agility - Good
* Reasoning - Great
* Willpower - Mediocre
* Perception - Great
* Health - Mediocre

---+++ Skills

* Skill Group: Social (2 points, narrowly focused)
* Story telling - Great
* Persuade - Good
* Flirt - Fair
* Skill Group: Athletic (1 point broad)
* Sleight of hand - Fair
* Climbing - Mediocre
* Balance - Fair
* Move quietly - Fair
* Skill Group: Combat (1 point narrow)
* Bow - Good
* Read Opponent - Mediocre
* Skill Group: Professional (1 point broad)
* Gambling - Fair
* Fletcher - Fair
* Dancing - Fair
* Performing - Mediocre

Top Bottom