Is Today is the Day?

Eli

Emperor
When Yasser Arafat will die?

An Israeli tank just opened fire on the building he is in.

I don't like saying this, but he would deserve it.

Well, there is definitely a very strong message being sent today. It seems that, so far, there have been no deaths at all in this mission, and 20 surrenders. I would say it is extremely successful, if the news is right so far. We didn't get anything yet on tanks firing on the compound, just bulldozers wrecking buildings.

Originally posted by Ohwell
Is today the day that Israel will get a huge number of suicide bombings? Yep.

Quote the Jewish Passover Hagada (It's the story of the jewish exodus from Egypt):
Ma nishtana halayla haze mikol haleylot?
TRANSLATION:
What's different this night than any other night?

One of the SOBs hiding out with Arafat has been linked to a bombing of a Hotel in said Passover dinner.

Is today the day that Israel will get a huge number of suicide bombings? Yep.
First of all, why do people ask a question and then answer immediately afterwards? Secondly, how do you know Israel will have a huge number of suicide bombings? Do you have insider information? Thirdly, if I was the Israelis I would make Arafat walk around in disguise in the busiest public places. Then see if there are any more suicide bombings.

Originally posted by MrPresident
Secondly, how do you know Israel will have a huge number of suicide bombings? Do you have insider information?

Because this situation has evolved into the same old predictable pattern.

Thirdly, if I was the Israelis I would make Arafat walk around in disguise in the busiest public places. Then see if there are any more suicide bombings.

You really think that would stop them? Potential suicide bombers would only see it as sending Arafat to martyrdom.

Many of the bombings are carried out by Palestinian factions that have repudiated Arafat. In their view, blowing him up would only serve to further their own agendas. All those bodyguards Arafat has aren't there just to protect him from the Israelis.

Bring them all to justice rather than wasting money on bullets and shooting them. Make them work in a liscense plate factory. Economically speaking (I know you love them economics rm), it would be better if they produced cheap goods for practically nothing.

Originally posted by rmsharpe
Arafat, Hussein, Qadaffi, Abdullah, Khameini...

Take them all out.

With a rope..Economically speaking.

I hope he dies, but if the Israelis were hoping to kill him, he'd already be coughing blood. They could take him out at any time if they wanted too, but of course the world perceives him as a peacemaker...

It would be idiocy to kill him now. Just wait until he dies of natural causes. No point in making him a bloody martyr, and causing even more resentment and mistrust for decades to come.

No need to kill him. Use sleep gas, and once the entire building is asleep send in infantry to arrest everyone. :D

Use sleep gas, and once the entire building is asleep send in infantry to arrest everyone.
My guess is that they probably have gas masks. However if they didn't what should be used is stink bombs instead of sleep gas. Not because it would achieve anything but because I think it would be funny.
It would be idiocy to kill him now. Just wait until he dies of natural causes.
What if he lives for another 20 years?
Arafat, Hussein, Qadaffi, Abdullah, Khameini...
You forgot Castro.
Potential suicide bombers would only see it as sending Arafat to martyrdom.
Ask yourself this. Why is it that none of the high ranking figures in these terrorist organisations are ever suicide bombers?

I'll ignore that Castro comment. Clearly anyone that denies that Castro is a Cuban hero has never been there.

In other news, it seems that Israel bascially leveled Arafat's compound. I hope they get him soon.

I'll ignore that Castro comment. Clearly anyone that denies that Castro is a Cuban hero has never been there.
Sorry I have this funny thing for democracy. It kind of clouds my judgement when assessing the virtue of dictators.
Chavez, Mugabe, and Kim, too.
rmsharpe, I hope this does not mean that you are slipping.

Sorry I have this funny thing for democracy. It kind of clouds my judgement when assessing the virtue of dictators.

Tut - always letting the little details hide the big picture ;)

Oh well they ain't gonna kick him out this time they just want the wanted men in his compund....

Too bad. I liked the plan the IDF had for deporting him: Send him in a spec ops helicopter to the Lybian desert, then notify the Lybians he's there. Just the picture of Arafat standing in the middle of the Sahara waiting to be rescued makes me smile :D

Top Bottom