Orions Mod Collection

The Aviation Mod for BTS 3.19

When it comes to air combat, there is no room for second place. This mod adds 15 aircraft and one anti-aircraft gun to bring new life to the air war in Civ4. I take no credit for the graphics, which are all available in the downloads database, and I thank each of the respective developers. The aircraft missions and promotions are very realistic and you have much to choose from: Reconnaissance, Interception, Long range Strategic bombing, close air support, carrier operations, and stealth. There are two new techs: Jet Propulsion and Advanced Metallurgy. There are two new buildings: the Airfield and the Parts Plant. There is also a new resource: Titanium, which is a prerequisite for the late model aircraft. This mod is currently available in both WoC and standard formats. There is no SDK or Python, so it should be an easy merge into your respective mods. See first post for download.

May the Air "Force" be with you!

Orion Veteran :cool:

@Orion Veteran,

In your health care mod you use python to increase the population in each city by one, isn't this achieved simpler using the XML tag <iGlobalPopulationChange> for the building?

IE <iGlobalPopulationChange>1</iGlobalPopulationChange>

I've had a request to merge your health care mod into RoM ;)

@Orion Veteran,

In your health care mod you use python to increase the population in each city by one, isn't this achieved simpler using the XML tag <iGlobalPopulationChange> for the building?

IE <iGlobalPopulationChange>1</iGlobalPopulationChange>

I've had a request to merge your health care mod into RoM ;)

Hmmm. That just might work and eliminate some python code. Can you test it and let me know? If it works, I will update the mod.

Hmmm. That just might work and eliminate some python code. Can you test it and let me know? If it works, I will update the mod.

I have not tested it for your building but it is the way a number of wonders and normal buildings achieve that result in RoM. Not all of the normal buildings with this function stayed around for long because they were considered OP.

The Library of Nineveh for BTS 3.19

The Royal Library of Nineveh World Wonder is now available for download (See first Post). The Royal Library of Ashurbanipal was discovered in a palace in ancient Nineveh, capital of Assyria, in northern Mesopotamia (modern day Iraq). The of King Ashurbanipal (668 - 627 BC) was the last great king of the Neo-Assyrian Empire and the palace is the second most important library discovery of the ancient world. The library is a collection of thousands of clay tablets and fragments containing texts of all kinds from the 7th century BC. Among its holdings was the famous Epic of Gilgamesh. Due to the sloppy handling of the original material much of the library is irreparably jumbled, making it impossible for scholars to discern and reconstruct many of the original texts, although some have survived intact. The library of Nineveh is much older than the Great library of Alexandria and is available much earlier in the tech tree. Thus, it is historically correct. My old wonder, which was a duplicate of the Library of Alexandria has been replaced by the Library of Nineveh. Sorry it took so long for the update.

Enjoy!

The Army Mod for BTS 3.19

At long last, I have released the Army mod to the first page listing of Mod Packs. This mod allows players to combine the strength of multiple units into one powerful Army unit. The Army is a fundamental capability brought back to the CIV4 battlefield. The game will never be the same again.

Who wants to play Civ5, when you can have Armies in Civ4? :mwaha:

On your Health Care Mod :- have you thought of adding a new wonder "Hippocratic Oath" and a building for the Great Doctor? I have both in my RoM version and can give you a copy for you to fit in if you like. Or you can just get it from Great Doctor for RoM . I thought the movie was by Arian but I can't see it on his list.

I have also done some work on Tsentom1's Great Bath python wonder. Currently if you load a game it forgets that the bath has been built so that you loose the extra population boost when you build a city. It still remembers that the bath provides water to neighbouring plots. My fix is not perfect as on load it assumes that the civ who owns the great bath built it. I have seen two totally different bits code on how to get the game to remember between sessions but have not managed to get either working yet.

Pozdrav OV!
Just one question please...
Do you have any plans to do airbombing mission for DCM?
Is it possible that you include more than 18 civ dll?
:p

No plans at the moment. My goal was to restore the original "Ranged Bombardment" component to BTS 3.19 format.

On your Health Care Mod :- have you thought of adding a new wonder "Hippocratic Oath" and a building for the Great Doctor? I have both in my RoM version and can give you a copy for you to fit in if you like. Or you can just get it from Great Doctor for RoM . I thought the movie was by Arian but I can't see it on his list.

I haven't looked at the wonder yet, as I am currently working on my next logical mod after the Army mod: The Naval Fleet mod. As the Army mod combines land units to form up the Army unit, so the Naval Fleet mod will combine sea units to form up the Fleet unit. The Naval Fleet mod will take several weeks to complete.

I have also done some work on Tsentom1's Great Bath python wonder. Currently if you load a game it forgets that the bath has been built so that you loose the extra population boost when you build a city. It still remembers that the bath provides water to neighbouring plots. My fix is not perfect as on load it assumes that the civ who owns the great bath built it. I have seen two totally different bits code on how to get the game to remember between sessions but have not managed to get either working yet.

I'm sure the problem with Tsentom1's Great Bath python wonder can be fixed in the Python.

I seem to remember in a post for one of your mods that you were doing a "Grand Inquisitions Mod" that would have all of your mod components. Has that been completed or still in process?

I've actually wanted to have a scenario where all of your components were included. I am not very good with merging mods so I'm hoping this is still going on.

I seem to remember in a post for one of your mods that you were doing a "Grand Inquisitions Mod" that would have all of your mod components. Has that been completed or still in process?

I've actually wanted to have a scenario where all of your components were included. I am not very good with merging mods so I'm hoping this is still going on.

I have a working version of Grand Inquisitions, which plays beautifully. But like a Civ4 gamer, who says just one more turn; I keep adding just one more mod. When that mod is done, then again, just one more mod. My real goal is to finish the Naval fleet mod, the Air Armada mod and upgrade the Mine Warfare mod; then release Grand Inquisitions.

I have a working version of Grand Inquisitions, which plays beautifully. But like a Civ4 gamer, who says just one more turn; I keep adding just one more mod. When that mod is done, then again, just one more mod. My real goal is to finish the Naval fleet mod, the Air Armada mod and upgrade the Mine Warfare mod; then release Grand Inquisitions.

Can you also make everything workable as in BUG also:rolleyes:

Top Bottom