I would like a world map with a huge Europe!

luiz

Trendy Revolutionary
I like to play with all 23 civs in the correct start positions, but there is a problem with that.
There are lots of civilizations in the tiny european continent, so they always become weak, what is unaccurate.
On the other hand, civs like India, China and America have a huge space to devellop and they always become the world leaders.
I think that the solution would be a world map with Europe lager than it really is, like in the Mercator Projection.
Does any one agree with me??

I will move this thread there.

No...
Europe is small comparing to other continents... there's no reason to change it...

gugalpm- Europe is small comparing to other continents...
Yes, but one city in real life isn’t as big as Italy either is it?

I think you (or anyone:) ) should make it slightly larger, or perhaps a little more than slightly larger map, like you said. Then give each civ some bonuses and weaknesses. For instance, make the Mongols a special settler, which costs more (3 pop?) and then its warriors cost less, this way it wont expand greatly, but still pose a threat to China and India. In this way, you can put some threats in the way of America, i.e. making the Iroquois have a similar thing as the Mongols. Yet not prohibit the Iroquois, and make them more historically correct. And anyway Many historical things must be sacrificed for gameplay, (Aztecs with ironclads and Musketmen?) The United States with Knights? Mongols With Tanks? Come on:rolleyes:, we can except these but not a larger Europe?

I agree...I'd like a map with a disproportunate Europe. I was going to make one, but haven't found the time. I think it would be best to take the most space out of the Atlantic.

Also, Europe should be very fertile and resource rich, while areas like China, South Africa, and India could be a little less accomodating.

Another idea I tinkered with was to have some units simply unavailable to non-European civs. I mean, the Aztecs never discovered Iron Working, so their unit tree could stop very early. They might still be somewhat technologically capable, but extremely vulnerable to European conquest. Not exactly fair, but much more realistic. Maybe Asian civs would be missing most of the late-middle, early industrial age units.

The only problem is that Europe will still be crowded, and eventually, one or two civs might take the others out.

The Stonesfan has the right idea, I've done this to my games, which I play on earth maps, and it works out very well. You can't imagine what a bonus it is to civs being able to produce cavalry and a better rifleman (smoking mirror's) and everyone else just has riflemen and knights. Although I must say Europe should be very resource rich, but not more fertile than india or china. Remember that in the 1200's, when the mongols were running around the world, China had a population of about 90 million, and england had less than 2 million, and france only slightly more than that. Even today, the majority of the world's population is in east asia, as it has been for most of mankind's history.

But anyway, modifying the tech tree, and adding new units to benefit europe alone is the way to represent it historically.

Top Bottom