Platyping's Python

I loot ideas from Civ 1 to Civ V:shifty:

The rest of the Civ V UAs are basically slavery styles which is found in most mods.
Civ I and II have some abilities which I still unable to reproduce.

Oracle: Doubles Temple Effects, this can be done, just choosing which wonder
Great Wall: Doubles Wall Effects, can't find a way to do it
Women's Suffrage: Reduces Troop Away Unhappiness :dunno:
United Nations: Rivals will offer peace negotiations, not too sure what it does.:confused:
Adam Smith: Less maintainance for some improvements. Feature not in Civ IV
Leonardo: Instant Upgrade for units. Already done by others.

Coming Soon: Cyrus's Cylinder, Adam Smith, Cheomseongdae (This is the only 1 I intend to remake from Tsentom's wonders since it is just a replica of Copernicus. Abit unfair to it)

I also can't see a way to do the others :dunno:.

United Nations: Rivals will offer peace negotiations, not too sure what it does.:confused:

You know, if you declared war, the AI is normally enough pissed off that he/she doesn't want to talk to you. With the Civ2 UN, that effect was overriden.
And I also can't see here a way to do that in Civ4.

Oracle: Doubles Temple Effects, this can be done, just choosing which wonder

I have a great graphic for this one somewhere on my computer. If you're interested, I could find it for you ;)

EmpireStateBuilding is my first wonder to get A+ Rating:clap:
Thanks for whoever voted that.

@veBear Thanks, I think that church is still available in Hrochland's thread so no problem, can easily download the art. Thing is temple is just 1 building in old civ games, doubling effects of 1 temple is no issue. There are 7 temples in Civ IV, doing the same might be overpowered. Thinking of switching to increasing cathedrals effects instead and award to JS Bach which was an old wonder after all

After WTC zapped away half my brain cells, time to implement some simple wonders.

Cyrus Cylinder
Spoiler :

GG points generated is based on GameScore/Value.
Value is set at 300 + Game Turn
For every Vassal that you have, 10% is reduced
Max GG points generated per turn is 10

In short, the bigger your empire, the faster it generates. For a small empire, it does nothing at all. Cyrus is a conquerer with a big empire after all.
I based this on reasonable size normal speed maps. For duel size or tiny size, it may hardly do anything, but I never played those sizes before, so not sure of a rough gauge to use.

Artwork by stolenrays

Adam Smith's Trading Co.
Spoiler :

This is fun and simple. Everytime you pay gold in a trade, you keep 20% of the amount and only give 80% to the trading player.
For instance, if you pay 1000 gold to Saladin for a tech, you keep 200, Saladin only gets 800

Cheomseongdae
Spoiler :

Straightforward. Simple wonder

i believe 25% great general emergence has no effect, afaik everything below 100% won't work since you can only get 1 gg point per fight and less than 100% means +0. but im not 100% sure. did you test this?

Adam Smith's Trading Co. is very creative, nice. :D But (how) is this working in multiplayer?

Hmm, too long never played Civ IV. I though you get 1 GG point for every experience earned?
If a unit wins a hard fight, it will get more than 1 exp, which means more than 1 GG, so 25% still works. Too long never played, needs to test this out later.

Adam Smith doesn't care who is the trading partner. So long as the person who is paying the gold has the wonder, it collects back 20% of the gold paid

Treaty of Versailles up to your expectations?^^

Olympics
Spoiler :

This is modified from The_J's CircusHagenbeck idea for dacubz145 usage.
I simplified it for common users to use as well.

What it does:
Similar to the Circus, this wonder cannot be built.
After 776 BC or AD 1896 depending on starting era:
Every 25 turns, the Olympics wonder building randomly chooses a city to settle.
After 5 turns, the Olympics season is over and the building is removed.
A trade route is added to the city permanently since the city will continue to attract tourists after the Olympics season is over.

Thus,
First 5 turns the Olympic city enjoys alot of benefits
6th turn, Olympic is over, city only left with 1 extra trade route.
On the 26th turn, a new season begins and Olympic chooses a new city

Nice one again :).
Should have thought of the Olympics myself when I did it.

For the addition of permanent trade routes, you have to pay attention that the maximum of trade routes a city can have is set to 8 in the GlobalDefines.xml. So if the Olympics are held a couple of times in the same city, there will be no additional permament benefits (and newer buildings which grant new trade routes will lose that part of their effect).

Noted, can adjust it to extra 1 commerce in cityplot itself ^^

This is basically 95% your work, all I did is just change it from staying in the city for the whole x turns to just part of the x turns, and er... adjust some variables.

He mentioned about adding a mini GA effect to that city alone. This can be done, after all GA is just checking whether there is 1 hammer/commerce in plots around a city and add 1 extra. Then removing the extra yields together when removing the Olympic. But personally I feel it is too much checks for a minor effect, I will just adjust the Olympic wonder XML itself and give it 15% extra production for instance

Oh ya dacubz145, messages are included as well.
When olympics starts, "A new Olympics season is being held at Athens of Greek Empire!"
When it ends, "The current Olympics season has ended ..."

Noted, can adjust it to extra 1 commerce in cityplot itself ^^

This is basically 95% your work, all I did is just change it from staying in the city for the whole x turns to just part of the x turns, and er... adjust some variables.

He mentioned about adding a mini GA effect to that city alone. This can be done, after all GA is just checking whether there is 1 hammer/commerce in plots around a city and add 1 extra. Then removing the extra yields together when removing the Olympic. But personally I feel it is too much checks for a minor effect, I will just adjust the Olympic wonder XML itself and give it 15% extra production for instance

Oh ya dacubz145, messages are included as well.
When olympics starts, "A new Olympics season is being held at Athens of Greek Empire!"
When it ends, "The current Olympics season has ended ..."

This is very nice:goodjob: Ill edit it to fit my mod, idk python but im sure i can figure out most of it, only thing ik i cant is free buildings. Im pretty sure in python you can only get free buildings in every city, do you need python for just that city?

For the addition of permanent trade routes, you have to pay attention that the maximum of trade routes a city can have is set to 8 in the GlobalDefines.xml. So if the Olympics are held a couple of times in the same city, there will be no additional permament benefits (and newer buildings which grant new trade routes will lose that part of their effect).

I cant say i think this would be a problem, since it is a random city, you would need to be playing on a small map for a city to be even chose twice (unless you are really lucky) and in that case, the game will most likely be a quick one so i cant see any problems with that....i wish all my cities always had the problem of to many trade routes...

EDIT: I had an idea for some wonders, theres six airport buildings ive seen floating around this cite, one is used for the typical airport, one for an airbase, and one used for an airstrip. So theres three i have that i have no use for and i dont think any does. They are bigger then the other ones (with hangers more strips etc) and i thought maybe do some wonders with them. Heres a link to the bussiest airports in the world. I would request the one in atlanta and in Chicago, I wouldnt do the beijing because it has a famouse building that obvoiusly isnt in the art, so i would do London Heathrow. I would like to see three wonder airports since no one has really done it yet

Attachments

• Airports.rar
    525.2 KB · Views: 87
London Heathrow sure sounds like a good idea :)
Dunno if this would be possible, but '5 airlifts per turn from this city' could be a useable and fitting bonus (increasing from generic 1). This would allow you to airlift many more units to the battlefield, but then again, in order to move many, you will have to move all your backup to this city, which will also take a couple of turns, so it wont be too OP (I hope). If 5 is too much, them maybe 4 our 3.

London Heathrow sure sounds like a good idea :)
Dunno if this would be possible, but '5 airlifts per turn from this city' could be a useable and fitting bonus (increasing from generic 1). This would allow you to airlift many more units to the battlefield, but then again, in order to move many, you will have to move all your backup to this city, which will also take a couple of turns, so it wont be too OP (I hope). If 5 is too much, them maybe 4 our 3.

I like that idea, of course it would also increase the number of planes in the city, but thats simple xml. I was thinking for O'hare (the Chicago one, where i am from:lol:) get free 747s and have that unit either carry units, or possibly be able to build airports quick (like great generals make military academies)

@dacubz145
Glad you like it. Adding free building to just 1 city is impossible via XML, but pretty simple via python.

This line is to define the building:
b_Olympics = gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_OLYMPICS")

This line adds the building to pCity, which is the lucky chosen one:
pCity.setNumRealBuilding(b_Olympics, 1)

So all you need to do is make a copy of each and paste directly below the original ones with correct indention. Then replace BUILDING_OLYMPICS which whatever free building you wanna assign. The big chunk of codes below is to remove the Oly wonder when season over. If you wanna keep the free building, just don't do anything and it won't be removed.

The_J's concern regarding trade routes is more because there may be other wonders/buildings giving them as well as techs giving them also. Having too many buildings/wonders giving trade route benefit may end up making the later ones giving no benefits since the max is reached
----------------
As for airports, increasing capacity or airlift is basically XML work as dacubz145 mentioned.
If I wanna make airport, I guess the one I would do is Changi Airport since I from SG, and that airport has been No 1 airport for years

@dacubz145
Glad you like it. Adding free building to just 1 city is impossible via XML, but pretty simple via python.

This line is to define the building:
b_Olympics = gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_OLYMPICS")

This line adds the building to pCity, which is the lucky chosen one:
pCity.setNumRealBuilding(b_Olympics, 1)

So all you need to do is make a copy of each and paste directly below the original ones with correct indention. Then replace BUILDING_OLYMPICS which whatever free building you wanna assign. The big chunk of codes below is to remove the Oly wonder when season over. If you wanna keep the free building, just don't do anything and it won't be removed.

The_J's concern regarding trade routes is more because there may be other wonders/buildings giving them as well as techs giving them also. Having too many buildings/wonders giving trade route benefit may end up making the later ones giving no benefits since the max is reached
----------------
As for airports, increasing capacity or airlift is basically XML work as dacubz145 mentioned.
If I wanna make airport, I guess the one I would do is Changi Airport since I from SG, and that airport has been No 1 airport for years

Hate to say it my man but the busiest one is in atlanta, then shanghai then for the last 10 years its been a battle for third between chiago ( thats where im from :D ) and London, maybe its largest but ik for busiest thats top four. I would request doing all three, the names of them arent that important since thats easily changeable.

Also I had a great idea, check out the chanel tunnel, I think it would be cool, where it is a wonder that can be built twice, only once per civ, and have a restriction where it can be built (within X amount of pltos and cant be on same land mass) then units can travel from city to city, as well as +diplomacy/trade routes between the civs

Wiki:
Since its opening in 1981, the airport has made its mark in the aviation industry as a benchmark for service excellence, winning over 380 awards since 1981, including 28 'Best' awards in 2010 alone. Changi Airport's efforts to counter the onset of age include periodic physical upgrades to its existing terminals, building of new facilities and the provision of a high level of customer service.

Might not be the busiest because SG is small country, of cos the number of people flying here is less than big cities like London, but definitely one of the best airports:D

Anyway, it is hard to think of something to do for 1 airport, not to say 3 or 4 airports...

Wiki:
Since its opening in 1981, the airport has made its mark in the aviation industry as a benchmark for service excellence, winning over 380 awards since 1981, including 28 'Best' awards in 2010 alone. Changi Airport's efforts to counter the onset of age include periodic physical upgrades to its existing terminals, building of new facilities and the provision of a high level of customer service.

Might not be the busiest because SG is small country, of cos the number of people flying here is less than big cities like London, but definitely one of the best airports:D

Anyway, it is hard to think of something to do for 1 airport, not to say 3 or 4 airports...

Cant say ik my airports to well....:lol:
anway i would suggest what VeBear suggested for one, being able to send 3 units a tern, as well as the xml edit of more space (for atlanta since its the biggest). Then The SG one, you could do more happiness or something symbolizing the customer service plus free Boeing 747s, theres two i would request

er... number of airplanes you can place in a city, and number of airlifts per turn, are both XML work

Also, looking at the artwork, they look more like military air bases, rather than any of those commercial airports

er... number of airplanes you can place in a city, and number of airlifts per turn, are both XML work

Also, looking at the artwork, they look more like military air bases, rather than any of those commercial airports

Airlift per turn is xml? hmm didnt know that ill probably do it myself then...thanks:goodjob:

Anwyay any chance on the chunel?

Hard to "teleport" 1 unit from 1 channel to another.

Of course it is possible to just do a check every turn and teleport all units in X to Y and vice versa. But the thing is, some units may not wish to go to Y lol.

I seen Rhye and Fall separate different segments of the map so that you can say these 2 are different continents. But dont think possible in normal BTS because RnF maps are fixed

Top Bottom