Platyping's Python

Hi platyping,

I have an idea/request for a project (and I have a great button for it I can upload as well if you are interested). I'd like to see a Silk Road project. I don't have an effect in mind, but obviously something with trade routes would be appropriate. (maybe +1 gold per trade route? I don't think that is something doable in XML and would be somewhat unique.)

Hmm, as a project, it is not linked to any city. Thus, x gold per trade route refer to which city?

If there are some ideas related to bonus silk, that would be nice as well

1) Knossos Labyrinth changed from 8% damage and cannot heal in adjacent tiles to simply 10% damage.

Reason: AI doesn't know they cannot heal, so they end up as sitting ducks trying to heal

2) Neuschwanstein buffed from 10% return damage to attackers to 20%.
Sounds weak considering it only affect wonder city. Can change it to affect all cities instead, but felt that this sounds more logical.

3) mourndraken has made some wonderful Movies for several wonders including Labyrinth of Knossos. You can find out more about his works here for links to his movies

2nd Bored + Just for Fun Wonder:

Montreal Biodome
Spoiler :

Animal version of Tsentom's Crusade.
Spawns a random animal with strength = (base strength + 3) * current era, where ancient era = 0, future era = 6.
(You know, with advanced technology, you understand them better and feed them food with more nutrients)

A future era bear will have 36 strength, lion 30 strength. Looks high, but they don't get defensive bonus.

Because they are animals, they cannot enter cultural borders, as a result: they are stuck in the city, since all adjacent tiles are cultural tiles. Makes sense to keep them in the biodome. We don't want lions roaming around eating workers. Thus, purpose of them is defend the biodome city. Since they cannot enter adjacent tiles, they cannot attack anything, so they are your holy defenders :goodjob:

Bears are so huge, they can flatten tanks => Ambush promotion
Lions roar very loudly, horses are scared => Formation promotion
Panthers are so dark, they ambush you in the dark without notice => Drill I
Wolves attack in packs and are agile => Immune to first strike => Flanking II

If the city has enough unit production experience, the animals get additional promotions when born.
For instance, barracks give 3 exp, enough to level up once, so animals get Combat I.
Able to get Combat I to VI this way.

Animals do get experience in combat, but because nothing is added to them in Promotion XML, they cannot earn any Promotions, feel free to change that if you like.

Lastly, I didn't bother to test whether you can transport them via air or sea lol

Artwork by Hrochland, tried getting a button of biodome itself but it just doesn't fit into a square nicely, so end up taking a pic of lion

Yeah, you know how bored I am now:borg:

Oh yeah, this is a National Wonder

I believe this could be made a very interesting wonder, and since it would be so interesting, I'm sure someone would be willing to take a request for it (HROCHland? civ-addicted?)

Maybe the effect could slow down the process of global warming (if possible only within owners cultural borders) by maybe 25 % or so.

I believe this could be made a very interesting wonder, and since it would be so interesting, I'm sure someone would be willing to take a request for it (HROCHland? civ-addicted?)

Maybe the effect could slow down the process of global warming (if possible only within owners cultural borders) by maybe 25 % or so.

That would be prety interesring gotta agree, i think possibly being able to build farms on snow and tundra fits better plus i usually disable global warming since changing a grassland into a desert is a bit drastic and annnoying

Thing is no python commands related to global warming lol.

The only thing I see is "change number of nukes exploded". In a way, this can slow down GW, but I think GW are affected by more factors than just the number of nukes

And is there a suitable artwork lying around?

Thing is no python commands related to global warming lol.

The only thing I see is "change number of nukes exploded". In a way, this can slow down GW, but I think GW are affected by more factors than just the number of nukes

And is there a suitable artwork lying around?

There isnt, pretty sure veBear was making a request for the art as well to hrochland or some1;)

Silk Road
Spoiler :

Commerce Increase = Num of Silk x Num of Trade Routes in Capital
Initially I only intend to that, but if player doesn't have silk at all, he gets nothing.
I don't wish to limit the project to be buildable only if player has silk, so 1 silk is given, which may end up making it overpowered for an early project.

Logically, num of silk in a balanced map should not be > 3, and in early eras, num of trade routes < 5 since the only wonder that increases that is Great Lighthouse, and currency +1, making it 4 only.

Note: This project OBSOLETES!!!

Still a cheesy button from an internet pic:banana:

Magellan converted to Project. Makes sense.

Straight line can be done easily by revealing the plot the way Zizkov is done.
Don't wish to that though, as that will automatically makes the player gets the "proves world round" bonus if it is not achieved by others

I understand what you are talking about, when you say "sensitivity."
The new wonders I was talking about were the Fed Reserve, Ferdowsi's Tomb, etc. No pressure at all, just a little wishing. :)

Hmm, for Soyuz, I can make it chance to destroy random Rival's spaceship parts to slow down their race. However, reading the wikipedia, it seems Soyuz sounds more like a project rather than a wonder.

As for Naqsh-e Rustam, I read wikipedia 3 times, still not sure what is the purpose of it, a burial site => Something religious? An archaelogical site => Something scientific?

Hmm, for Soyuz, I can make it chance to destroy random Rival's spaceship parts to slow down their race. However, reading the wikipedia, it seems Soyuz sounds more like a project rather than a wonder.

As for Naqsh-e Rustam, I read wikipedia 3 times, still not sure what is the purpose of it, a burial site => Something religious? An archaelogical site => Something scientific?

archaelogical, possibly any unbuilt wonders from a certain age and earlier gets built in one of your cities?

Naqsh-e Rustam
Spoiler :

Archaelogy... First thing comes to my mind is ruins. No ruins, nothing to explore.
And to get ruins, you need to... raze :evil:

Chance to find GS:
1 out of 12 - Population.

A city with 7 Population = 1 out of 5 = 20%
A city with 12 or more = 100%

Let me know if... it sounds too barbaric :D

Artwork by stolenrays

Oh yeah, Women's Suffrage converted to project as well

You always have cool ideas. I would have gone with some sort of cultural or great general boost myself because it is a series of huge rock reliefs depicting Persian battles with the Romans amongst others, I think. From my readings, Razings were rarely their style, but instead they incorporated cultures into their heritage.

Oh, and did you say razing? Perhaps you'd like to help me create my sack city mod that will use sdk(my part) and use some of the python from barbarian ransoms.

I've also updated all my wonders, but not uploaded, with shadows and basements. Keep an eye out for them soon.

Haha told you guys. I only bothered to read a small paragraph in wikipedia, so may not be so appropriate.

Hmm, incorporating culture => Helsinki Cathedral's effects
Can always extend that to global effects if you need

Psst... Blame your buddy dacubz145. He told me archaelogy :D

Top Bottom