Onan's Speed-Optimized GMR Game

To the yellow and green Russians (heh instead of the red and white Russians): the key to the Aztec military lies within their southern town of Texcoco, beneath which their iron lies.

Tab's been saying in another game thread some of us are playing in about a 7 vs 1. Well, now, it's been maybe a 2v1 for units...and moral and intel support otherwise, possibly another unit here or there (unknown).

I for one am glad we live in a world where naked aggression is resisted and pushed back. The first full MP game we played in hostilities didn't break out till modern times. That was a lot of fun. Also all this diplomacy and being able to influence far away events is great. Makes it seem like the way civ was meant to be played, even if it is slow!

Unit wise I made or bought all of mine. The info and chearleading has been great though. Now I need to find a way to help the other Russians like they helped me.
Rome has discovered Iron hmm. Will there be more wars popping up? :cringe:

Unit wise I made or bought all of mine. The info and chearleading has been great though. Now I need to find a way to help the other Russians like they helped me.
Rome has discovered Iron hmm. Will there be more wars popping up? :cringe:

A word of caution, forest is dangerous to march in blindly, so are mountains and rivers protecting Egypt Empire.

Egyptian traders manage to bribe Roman Senate through lucrative deals to prevent wars in Western front for centuries (yes, I typed centuries). And it's not the best interest for empires in the middle of the great plain to war with each other. Therefore, assessment of North Western geopolitics concludes war is very unlikely. Not so sure about the South Western area though.

While the roman people are pleasantly surprised and heartened to have discovered iron on our borders, the hawks in the senate have not yet managed to cloud this leader's judgment. We know the folly of war, and prefer to turn the production of our work animals to other projects more beneficial to the Empire.

Has the Indian leader decided to retreat to his private sanctuary on the mountain and seek enlightenment? Inquiring minds want to know (and exploit his lands if that is the case!)

Has the Indian leader decided to retreat to his private sanctuary on the mountain and seek enlightenment? Inquiring minds want to know (and exploit his lands if that is the case!)

Inquiring minds want to know if Songhai people are enjoying their golden age and how they manage to boost literacy rate by 7% in just a few turns? We can see the power of late GL.

Inquiring minds want to know if Songhai people are enjoying their golden age and how they manage to boost literacy rate by 7% in just a few turns? We can see the power of late GL.

The Songhai people are experiencing a mighty golden age as they have learned to harness the power of their civil servants. Sadly, the more that these servants eat, the more they complain of overcrowding and long work hours, so the whips may need to be employed once more. The Songhai believe that reading is essential to killing barbarians and prepare all school children in horseback riding, reading, and incense smoking.

The Songhai people are experiencing a mighty golden age as they have learned to harness the power of their civil servants. Sadly, the more that these servants eat, the more they complain of overcrowding and long work hours, so the whips may need to be employed once more. The Songhai believe that reading is essential to killing barbarians and prepare all school children in horseback riding, reading, and incense smoking.

It's nice that Songhai leader can grab Civil Service with GL, Ramsy assumed.

After smoking incense and riding horses, it makes sense to learn how to leave barter system and go for more advanced trade system to fund the great rise of Songhai glory.

Caesar wonders how the distant Songhai might exploit the Indian lands, when India occupies them, and is a close neighbour of Rome? Clearly you've been smoking too much incense. We believe the Indians to be a highly reclusive people, whose leader has taken a vow of silence. It may complicate diplomacy....

Caesar wonders how the distant Songhai might exploit the Indian lands, when India occupies them, and is a close neighbour of Rome? Clearly you've been smoking too much incense. We believe the Indians to be a highly reclusive people, whose leader has taken a vow of silence. It may complicate diplomacy....

Lol, Ramsy apperently misread 'exploit' as 'explore'. Now read it again and catch a glimpse of Songhai's evil intention.

Lol, Ramsy apperently misread 'exploit' as 'explore'. Now read it again and catch a glimpse of Songhai's evil intention.

Yes watch out for those evil Songhai - stay away from their lands who knows what nefarious plots they may be hatching with their horsemen.

3 more units added near China sir. 3 jaguars, 1 swordman and 1 spearman gonna enter his territory on next turn. We must secure the wine tile for further developments.

It appears that another Russian city is about to be put to the sword by the Aztec horde. Is there nothing that can end this naked aggression or are both the Russians being overwhelmed by the machinations of crazy Montezuma?

It appears that another Russian city is about to be put to the sword by the Aztec horde. Is there nothing that can end this naked aggression or are both the Russians being overwhelmed by the machinations of crazy Montezuma?

Ramsy is curious about the nature of Songhai news reporting, whether it's first hand front line report or secondary analysis from Monty's military status report?

Ramsy is curious about the nature of Songhai news reporting, whether it's first hand front line report or secondary analysis from Monty's military status report?

Our news correspondents are reporting from the streets of Yaroslav where the bodies of dead soldiers lie piled up in corners and makeshift refugee caravans are fleeing the city. It is reported that the city garrison is down to 30% effectiveness and the end draws near.

Our news correspondents are reporting from the streets of Yaroslav where the bodies of dead soldiers lie piled up in corners and makeshift refugee caravans are fleeing the city. It is reported that the city garrison is down to 30% effectiveness and the end draws near.

The fall of Yaroslavl has been reported by Roman intelligence report several turns ago on page 12. 30% city defense strength could signal the resistance ofl the Sino-Russian alliance. Unless Songhai reporter is referring to the 2nd city under Aztec's siege.

Monty seems popular these days! :D

The fall of Yaroslavl has been reported by Roman intelligence report several turns ago on page 12. 30% city defense strength could signal the resistance ofl the Sino-Russian alliance. Unless Songhai reporter is referring to the 2nd city under Aztec's siege.

We Songhai are not good with Russian city names or Russian women. We just know that the northernmost Chinese Russian city is about to fall and our scouts are hurrying back home to prepare the horselords for the chaos that is to come.

Yes, we can confirm that the Sino-Russian city of Yekaterinburg looks about to fall. This would also give Monty, eventually, another two iron to forge into swords.

Mel, problem at the moment: GMR box for submitting the save comes up blank. I tried to log on to the website and got an error, and the error referred to user 'robo', which obviously is not me...? So, not sure how I can upload the save presently.... Help?!

Mel, problem at the moment: GMR box for submitting the save comes up blank. I tried to log on to the website and got an error, and the error referred to user 'robo', which obviously is not me...? So, not sure how I can upload the save presently.... Help?!

Same thing with me,with the addiction I can't use the GMR app .

Same error on trying to log on to the alternate website listed on the previous page.

Top Bottom