How do I play pitboss games?

Brutus2

Prince
Hello.

I've been playing CIV forever but never played online because I usually can't be online for hours in one sitting but I have no problem getting on several times a day for short sittings.

So, I would like to learn how Pitboss works. I don't really know how it works or what I need to do to play or find games.

Do I need to download a seperate Pitboss application?

How do I find / join games?

Is there a third party application that notifies you when your turns are ready??

Anyone want to invite a pitboss newbie to a game? :)

Thanks for your help.

Hello.

I've been playing CIV forever but never played online because I usually can't be online for hours in one sitting but I have no problem getting on several times a day for short sittings.

Sounds like Pitboss is perfect for you.

So, I would like to learn how Pitboss works. I don't really know how it works or what I need to do to play or find games.

Most of the games offered here are through Direct IP, so the best way to see about open games is to check here. There's new games offered all the time, with different styles and sizes.

Do I need to download a seperate Pitboss application?

To play in a Pitboss game? No. Only the host needs to have the game.

How do I find / join games?

The host should give specific instructions, but generally, when you're given the IP and password for the game, you click on "Multiiplayer", then "Direct IP Connection", then fill out the IP for the game and password. The game pops right up after you select your civ.

Is there a third party application that notifies you when your turns are ready??

For my games, I use Civstats (www.civstats.com), a fantastic program that tracks the game on a website. Registered players receive email notification at the end of each turn. The Pitboss program itself allows Mail Notification, but GMail (what I use generally) isn't compatible.

Long story short, yes. Depends on what your host decides to use.

Anyone want to invite a pitboss newbie to a game? :)

I would, but I have 18 players in my upcoming one now, so it's full. Games open up all the time, though.

Hope this was helpful!

Hey thanks.

So, only the host needs to download the Pitboss server and only the host needs to download the civstats uploader. Ok cool. I guess I just have to look around for a new game.

I joined that game last night. Looking forward to it.

I'll be playing Arabia (Saladin) since Mansa Musa was already taken :)

Thanks

Top Bottom