After Six Months, The Game Finally Works on My PC.

beretta627

Chieftain
Yes, and how bittersweet a success it is.

When I bought the game the day it came out, I experienced the full wrath of v1.00. It took six installations to get the game running due to a faulty second CD. My discs were labeled incorrectly, confusing me even further. I get into the game and it runs like a slug, and I can only see toast, and not hammers and coins. The map didn't render correctly. I would crash to desktop. The music skipped on the movies.

And then, hope on the horizon! Yes! A patch addressing all of the issues I was experiencing! "Sorry, Sid Meier's Civilization 4 is not installed on your computer." The registry values from the installation were wrong.

Sob.

I concede defeat, and lay the game to bed on the uppershelf, withdrawn to it's fate.

The months go by, and I watch the forums in passing to see if there had been any breakthroughs that addressed my problems... and I stumble upon a thread that finally addresses it! Jubilation is at hand. I eagerly follow the registry fix problems ... patch to 1.61 ... and .... success!

I play my first complete game, experiencing Civ 4 in all of it's glory. I play a noble game as the Chinese, and victory is mine! Cultural Domination!

AND THEN THE FINAL MOVIE SKIPS AND I CRASH TO DESKTOP.

:cry:

when i first got it I had problems with my ATI card so got a new 6600GT geforce at £134.99 got it home installed it only to be faced with more problems so i went out and upgraded my memory from 2x512mb pc3200 400MHz to 1.5GBs pc3200 400MHz ram at the cost of £69.99 still slugish untill v1.61 now no problems but a load of hard earned money wasted I hope fraxis do discount when the expantion comes out later this year or I won't be buying

Top Bottom