Considering starting a PTBS 24 hr game based on Earth 1000 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is still possible I would like to join you guys. I already downloaded the mod but got stuck on the direct-ip screen where I suppose I need to plug in a network / IP-address?

Any passwords I need to know or anything else?

I got in at the time of posting this. I used the 1st DNS on the e-mail from Arckon. The transfering of data was however extremely sloooow!

Arckon just remind players that when they exit the game, they must exit to Main Menu and not to the Desktop

I still cannot conntct. I am stucked at the "select a civilization" screen. My modem keeps downloading data at under 1kB/s yet I could go well over 100kB when downloading from sun, microsoft sites...

I know I can connect to at least one other warlords game, am i the odd man out here? :confused:

I just played my turn with Egypt and everything seems to work fine. I exited to main menue but that was just accidentally. Are my turns saved when I exit like this?

btw, my game name is "Pathetic", just to avoid confusion.

Good luck for the game everybody

azzaman333 said:
It doesnt matter AFIAK.

Whew!

Rich had me worrying as I exit to the desktop all the time, lol.

It doesnt exit very gracefully, but it does exit.

Different note: TE Lawrence, I put India on AI so that you wont lose any turns. It is still reserved for you so just take it over any time you want.

Agemo and anyone else with connection difficulties, here is the IP today: 71.161.32.103

Try to get the DNS to work; it should work for you just as it does for anyone else.

Actually, the way you exit does matter (except for the host)...

When a player exits the game by 'quitting to desktop' it leaves the connection open between his computer and the host's computer, eventually these will build up, and slow the hosts connection down until he resets his computer.

richm is right, you need to remind players to exit via the main menu. best place to do that is in the 'message of the day' box in the PTBS server app.

If you turn the power to your pc off, won't that break any existing connections?...even if you exited to desktop?....or is it a router thing?

Is everyone else receiving the notifications from CivStats for this game? I did on the 17th, but haven't since then - while I receive my other game notifications. :( I missed logging in for my last turn because of it - I assumed there were problems delaying things.

JMaltman said:
Is everyone else receiving the notifications from CivStats for this game? I did on the 17th, but haven't since then - while I receive my other game notifications. :( I missed logging in for my last turn because of it - I assumed there were problems delaying things.

I had to restart the game Sunday because people wanted it at a faster speed. So we started over and you have to log in to Civstats again.

I tried to give it a good deal of time for people to see the change, but I also didnt want to delay the restart too much and lose time.

I apologize for any inconvenience, JMaltman.

Trying to log-in Egypt that was on top of the list of civs has disappeared. Now India shows on top of the list to me but I cant see Egypt anymore ...

plattfuss said:
Trying to log-in Egypt that was on top of the list of civs has disappeared. Now India shows on top of the list to me but I cant see Egypt anymore ...

That is very odd.

Anyone not see Egypt any more?

Arckon said:
I had to restart the game Sunday because people wanted it at a faster speed. So we started over and you have to log in to Civstats again.

I tried to give it a good deal of time for people to see the change, but I also didnt want to delay the restart too much and lose time.

I apologize for any inconvenience, JMaltman.

Its odd because I don't think I logged into Civstats again, but I believe it sent me at least one e-mail since then, if not two.

And it showed me still there. So I logged in to Civstats again, and I'll do my next turn when I get home. I think my build queues were fine, so hopefully not too much time was wasted for my workers. Explorers... oh well.

IanDC said:
No I don't see Egypt anymore, only 23 civs showing atm.

Civstats is showing 24 civs present.

plattfuss said:
Archon, is it possible that you changed something with Egypt when you put India to AI?

Could there be a weird name for one of the civs that would possibly be Egypt?

Arckon said:
Civstats is showing 24 civs present.

Could there be a weird name for one of the civs that would possibly be Egypt?

Civstats looks ok apart from two civs allocated to Pathetic but if you try to go to the game there are only 23 showing on the list to select (at least there were when I last looked), Egypt is awol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom