Finally fixed my PC, need some quick catch-up info

ParadigmShifter

Random Nonsense Generator
My PC broke (thanks AOL), and it took me a while to find somewhere to buy an XP disc (not impressed with Vista in the office, don't want to buy a new PC just yet).

Catching up now, not got around to reinstalling Civ yet, trying to catch up on the latest patch and HOF mod news, is there a thread with the latest changes explained?

As far as I can tell, the main thing that has changed in BtS 3.17 with the new HOF mod is:

* Siege can't attck from ships, can they still bombard (Could they ever do that LOL?). Also, can't get combat promos
* Tanks can't be given collateral damage promos from barrage - sounds like a big change to me, undecided whether this has really been an exploit all along ;)
* Other stuff to do with airships vs ships and anti-air interceptions given to MGs and Anti-tank (never built one of those anyway)

Any other big changes I should know about?

Looks like my Cathy walkthrough game for a culture win will be abandoned anyway, I'll try a few HOF games first and maybe a gauntlet but then may do a reboot of the Cathy "win all ways" challenge.

Good to be back anyway! Reading aelf's new game with interest (he's finally got BtS I see), Sisiutils game are still discussing whether he should axe rush after about 15 pages, some things never change!

Has BurN done anymore walkthroughs, his Gilgamesh one was well funny, what about obsolete too?

One of the other bigger changes is the increased naval activity of Barbs. Its now fairly important to build Galleys and Triremes yourself to guard your seafood if you have a coastal start.

As for the postings, BurN has been around a bit, but hasnt posted many games. Obsolete has also been posting in threads, but not really playing walkthroughs. Other than that, welcome back PS! Missed your games, I hope you do some more very soon.

Yeah I know frigates etc. can bombard was wondering if cats can bombard from ships but I don't think now that they ever could... It's been a few civ-less months for me...

Frigates, Ships of the Line, Destroyers and Battleships can bombard,maybe some later ones as well. Frigates are pretty lame at it though, you need alot of them.

Next you'll be saying you didn't know if you move a ship into a friendly port with troops on who haven't moved yet, they still get to move after disembarking ;)

Frigates, Ships of the Line, Destroyers and Battleships can bombard,maybe some later ones as well. Frigates are pretty lame at it though, you need alot of them.

Next you'll be saying you didn't know if you move a ship into a friendly port with troops on who haven't moved yet, they still get to move after disembarking ;)

Ahhhh, I thought he meant for collateral damage. I was aware of the bombarding defenses. I got confused because he was asking about siege units bombarding from onboard a ship. I knew about the disembark in a city thing. What i have trouble remembering is that units can move and upgrade but not upgrade and move.

I'm back in the land of the civving! Hooray! Already abandoned my first HOF game (Bindy's EQM #16) due to taking risks with the barbs. Time for attempt #2...

Top Bottom