Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

Just a couple more suggestions :
Stone seems to clutter. Trying to start a couple of games I noticed that often the first city would have 3-4 stones within the cultural border.
Spirtual Trait are pointless unless you play on Marathon Speed+. On normal/epic the max turns of anarchy would very rarely exceed 2 turns, and the half production of temples is a very weak boost.
My suggestion is to have 0 turns of anarchy and +100% on all spiritual buildings.

Just a couple more suggestions :
Stone seems to clutter. Trying to start a couple of games I noticed that often the first city would have 3-4 stones within the cultural border.
Spirtual Trait are pointless unless you play on Marathon Speed+. On normal/epic the max turns of anarchy would very rarely exceed 2 turns, and the half production of temples is a very weak boost.
My suggestion is to have 0 turns of anarchy and +100% on all spiritual buildings.
0 turn was overpowered hence the reason why it was changed to 2.

I don't understand why 0 is overpowering. But it might just be my playing style. I rarely change civics which means that in an entire game it would only be a couple of turns of production/research. Compared to the bonuses some of the other traits give, I'd still say 0 turn anarchy would be underpowered, hence the suggestion to give 100% production to all spirtual buildings.

I ve installed Rise of Mankind 2.9 and A new Dawn 1.7. Local playing works just fine even though each round is really slow but i think this is because Civ4 is always slow after a couple of rounds. But playing multiplayer -> Direct IP connection gives me and my friend always this error:

Error in gameUpdate event Handler bound method RoMEventManager.oGameUpdate of <RoMEventManager instance at 0x51A23F58

and we are directly after the first round out of sync. This happens every game.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I am having this error in everygame I played after 100-200 turns. I can't load saves either after this error. What is the problem please help. I take this error without and with a new dawn modmod, so it isn'nt because of his modmod. I deleted and installed 2.90 3 times but nothing changed. I had'nt any error with 2.81 before.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.1.9.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 005437f7
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1055
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

@Zappara, in RoM 2_9 holy shrine movies are playing even though they are not wonders in RoM. This is a good thing:goodjob:. Did you code for this and if so where did you code it because in the RoM 2.9 mod AND 1.7 these movies (and the national wonder ones) are not playing. This means that there is a big difference in the two at least in my view.

thanks, where do i get v2.91 or is it not released yet?
Not yet released. Should be out in couple days - depends when I get my hands on new RevDCM release (need to merge it).

@Zappara, in RoM 2_9 holy shrine movies are playing even though they are not wonders in RoM. This is a good thing:goodjob:. Did you code for this and if so where did you code it because in the RoM 2.9 mod AND 1.7 these movies (and the national wonder ones) are not playing. This means that there is a big difference in the two at least in my view.
There's MovieMod.py file in RoM 2.9. It's BUG mod's new feature, similar what was before in RoMEventManager.

Does RoM (or AND?) alter the vanilla quests in any way? I have the Mining Inc. HQ in my capital, and recently started spreading it to my own cities. Apparently tho the Sumerian civ had received (and now finished) the quest below, even tho they had just one city with Mining Inc.

As far as I could tell, THEY got the reward for quest completion as well (the quest completion exclamation was targeted at my capital, but no change in :gold:), which is a bit crappy...

Quest17:
Corporate Expansion
Prereq: own a corporate HQ
Obsolete: None
Active/Weight: 70/200
Aim:
spread the corporation to default number of players for this world size +1 cities (that did not have it when the quest was triggered) (8 for standard)
Result:
1.+10 gold for the corporate HQ

Hi Everyone!

I have ROM 2.9 / AND installed, my two favorite mods :)

After playing 6 games, i am never able to play much of or past the rifling technology area of time due to the game freezing on me. The game always freezes somewhere near rifling tech for some reason. :(

i have the following specs on my comp:

Windows XP 32-bit
Core 2 duo E7400 2.8GHz
3GB DDR2 RAM
512MB Nvidia 8800 GT

Drivers are up to date

log files the AND log file and a few save games from my game are attached!

The quicksave is right before the freeze and the other saves are several turns prior to the freezing event.

Attachments

• 3 Save games same map Freezing near rifling tech .7z
    3.1 MB · Views: 74
  • BtS AND Logs.7z
    322.9 KB · Views: 59
any mirrors?
.7z and .rar files always create an error on my computer (the free extractor i use doesn't support 7z or rar files so cant extract after downloading, i looked for a better extractor and couldn't find any good free ones that are good.), so is there anyway u could change it to a .zip file.
Thank you
Il Duce

any mirrors?
.7z and .rar files always create an error on my computer (the free extractor i use doesn't support 7z or rar files so cant extract after downloading, i looked for a better extractor and couldn't find any good free ones that are good.), so is there anyway u could change it to a .zip file.
Thank you
Il Duce
Why not download 7zip? It works very well.:cool:

The same attached files from above are zipped in .zip format now :)

Attachments

• BtS AND Logs.zip
    698 KB · Views: 83
  • 3 Save games same map Freezing near rifling tech.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
BUG: Issue with alt/ctrl+x for strategy overlay. Several people have already posted it herein.

PROBLEM: Missing CvScreenUtilsInterface.py

FIX:

1. add file to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Python\EntryPoints called CvScreenUtilsInterface.py

2. in that file put the following text:

# Sid Meier's Civilization 4
# Copyright Firaxis Games 2005
#
# CvScreenUtilsInterface.py
#
# * This file stores the version of CvScreenUtils that is active
# * It is called from CvScreensInterface
# * When modding, this file should be replaced with one that has
# screenUtils pointing to the mods <Mod>ScreenUtils
#
# No other modules should import this
#
#######################################
## Strategy Overlay Changed 10/20/2008
##
## Changed import to import CvOverlayScreenUtils
## Changed normalScreenUtils to return the CvOverlayScreenUtils class
## Placed in CustomAssets/Python/EntryPoints for bug mod use
##########################################

import CvOverlayScreenUtils

normalScreenUtils = CvOverlayScreenUtils.CvOverlayScreenUtils()

def getScreenUtils():
return normalScreenUtils

Download Rise of Mankind 2.91patch

2.91 version notes:

Spoiler :
Mods
----
- Updated: Updated to current BUG SVN (some bug fixes)

Random events
-------------
- Fixed: Independent fishers event checks for coast plots in the city
- Fixed: National anthem text entry
- Fixed: Warship quest applies the reward to Port, Commercial Port and International Port (ie. the reward carries over to upgrade buildings)
- Fixed: Harbormaster quest applies the reward to Port, Commercial Port and International Port (ie. the reward carries over to upgrade buildings)
- Fixed: The Huns requires Mounted Archery (spawns Horse Archers), now more historically accurate appearance
- Changed: Malaccan pirates event spawns Torpedoboats instead of Transports (transports only defensive) and they get more promotions
- Changed: Vandals event spawns Light Swordsman instead of Swordsman (iron working req.)

Modules
-------
- Fixed: UN Mission advisor CTD problem
- Fixed: no GP icon for unit 25 warning message should no longer appear -> removed Great General II from Warlords module (other way would have been to add new defines for this unit to BUG's GPUtil.py but since this is module it would cause errors if user removes this module and python still refers to it...

National Wonders
----------------
- Changed: World bank gold reserve bonus per turn 2% -> 1% (how to change this national wonder to affect other players as well?)

Buildings
---------
- Changed: Slave market position in tech tree screen - now in Slavery tech. reqs still the same.
- Changed: Lighthouse gives +1 gold from sea plots instead of food
- Changed: Fisherman's hut gives +1 food from sea plots, no longer give food bonuses from seafood resources

Tech tree
---------
- Changed: RoM 2.81 tech tree screen coloring is on by default (new option in RoM settings page in BUG options)

Units
-----
- Changed: Siege quinquereme str 6 -> 5
- Changed: Modern Grenadier has now attack bonus against Flamethrower
- Changed: Light tank has bonus vs. Mounted instead of wheeled
- Changed: Heavy Tank has bonus vs. Tracked instead of wheeled (Armor is still better)
- Changed: Machinegun no longer upgrade to Armored Car

Techs
-----
- Fixed: Aerodynamics quote sound disabled since this tech is no longer named Advanced Flight thus generic sounds should be used instead
- Changed: Machinery AIWeight 0->100

Mod settings
------------
- Disabled: BUG mod's tech tree era shadows off by default
- Added: RoM tech tree era color method to RoM Settings page. On by default. Works with BUG's shadow option but I wouldn't recommend using both methods at the same time
- Changed: BUG mod's logging (to screen) set from warnings to errors by default (less annoying messages on screen)

Python
------
- Changed: City screen shows now resources in single display (thanks Afforess)
- Changed: Defense modifier always displayed in city screen
- Fixed: Strategy overlay feature

Civics
------
- Changed: Church state religion building prod. modifier 25% -> 10%
- Changed: State Church state religion building prod. modifier 20% -> 15%
- Changed: Free Church state religion building prod. modifier 25% -> 20%

Buttons
-------
- Fixed: Alpha channel for 70 or so buttons (thanks to Afforess)

CityLSystem
-----------
- Fixed: Arcology oversize bug

Game options
------------
- Changed: Permanent alliances option hidden because option currently bugged and should not be used. Will be fixed later.

Maps
----
- Added: 12 Earth maps (Small and Tiny) with different settings made by ComradeKristov

This patch doesn't fix couple RevDCM specific bugs since they haven't released a new version yet so those fixes will have to wait merge opearation to v2.92 patch.

Sorry I was a bit slow on that last fix for you :blush:, I was hoping to help give back to you since you've put so much time and effort into such a great mod!

Thanks for the patch release!

I didn't see this one listed in the release notes, so...I have also been experiencing the random crash every few turns that other have been experiencing. Mine appears to have something to do with memory allocation possibly a bad pointer or something since it is not a max RAM issue, as I am utilizing around 768MB or so but have windows XP (32bit) maxed at 3.5GB(usable)/4GB(actual). Thus, plenty of free RAM.

I have attached the saved game and a debug shot from VS.NET on the error break point. I'm ignorantly guessing that it might be coming in from the modified CivGameCoreDLL? If that is where you think it might be coming in from too, if you have the source and headers for the modified .dll, I can help troubleshoot and maybe fix if I can.

Attachments

• crash.7z
    577 KB · Views: 82
Top Bottom