Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

Thanks for the info.

It's true that I wrongly assumed I could simply overwrite the files (should've read more closely), so I'll try deleting them and re-extracting the folder.

I guess this means I can finally stop the wars I've started :)

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\A\AppData\Local\Temp\WER989A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\A\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDB03.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\A\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDB42.tmp.mdmp

I recently had a custom PC built, 500 gig HD, 4 g RAM, Windows 7 Professional. Every attempt I make to load the mod has everything crash, this is all the report gave.

I currently am running windows 7 with BTS 3.19 and i downloaded the RAR from atomicgamer.
When I started a new game on gigantic with the new ROM_Planet Generator thing (i have an awesome graphics card), and once the map finally loaded, it came up with a whole slew of python errors (like 50+) all centered around one line of code (i think)
Code:
File "Bug Options" line 314, in write
Here's some screenshots.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 112
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 125
I currently am running windows 7 with BTS 3.19 and i downloaded the RAR from atomicgamer.
When I started a new game on gigantic with the new ROM_Planet Generator thing (i have an awesome graphics card), and once the map finally loaded, it came up with a whole slew of python errors (like 50+) all centered around one line of code (i think)
Code:
File "Bug Options" line 314, in write
Here's some screenshots.

It seems it is trying to create an Ini file in your Civ4 folder. By default in Win7 it does not have permission to write in there afaik. You should be able to solve this by going to your Civ4 folder and setting full access permission on it.

Right click it, go to properties->security->edit, find the user you are logged as in the list and check full control .

Hi, just what is the patrol action of ships supposed to do? In the image I have a ship on patrol over a fishing resource and a pirate is blocking trade. I thought patrol was supposed to make the unit attack enemy vessels? Otherwise how is it different from fortify?

I'm not sure whether this is a 2.9 specific bug but I have not encountered it before and there is definitely something going wrong.

I can play and save the game fine up until turn 160 on a normal length game. However, from turn 161 onwards any save game (including auto and quick saves) crashes to desktop before it finishes loading.

I am pretty sure it is not being caused by buildings, research, building cities, attacking or moving units as I have done all sorts of combinations and still get the same crash when loading. Although I suppose it could be something the AI is doing.

I have tried renaming and saving under different names and still get the same crash.

Not really too sure what is happening but it is mighty annoying.

Hi, just what is the patrol action of ships supposed to do? In the image I have a ship on patrol over a fishing resource and a pirate is blocking trade. I thought patrol was supposed to make the unit attack enemy vessels? Otherwise how is it different from fortify?

Patrol is really (only) efficient when you stand NEXT to a resource. Anyone trying to pillage that resource will be attacked automatically by your ship.

Another event bug. (I'm having to play this game through as I am testing that all the movies work, I forgot to do this test. So far only one movie (AAranda's) not playing that should be.)

I downloaded RoM 2.9, deleted the old 2.8 folder, installed the new version and started my first game yesterday. It took me some time to adjust all the settings in the "CTRL-ALT-O"-Menu according to my personal taste.

Today I reloaded the savegame from yesterday evening and all settings were back to standard and I had to do all the work again. :cry::cry:

Is there any way to save my options and reload them at a later time? PLEASE!!

Getting error ".no GP icon for unit 25" many times.
Anything in the python logs? Odd error, don't know yet what causes such error (BUG mod's error message perhaps).

I have tried renaming and saving under different names and still get the same crash.

Not really too sure what is happening but it is mighty annoying.
I'll try to investigate this but don't have any leads what might be the cause so it can take a while to track this kind of bugs down.

Another event bug. (I'm having to play this game through as I am testing that all the movies work, I forgot to do this test. So far only one movie (AAranda's) not playing that should be.)
Looks like the event message is pointing to wrong text entry. I'll get it fixed.

I downloaded RoM 2.9, deleted the old 2.8 folder, installed the new version and started my first game yesterday. It took me some time to adjust all the settings in the "CTRL-ALT-O"-Menu according to my personal taste.

Today I reloaded the savegame from yesterday evening and all settings were back to standard and I had to do all the work again. :cry::cry:

Is there any way to save my options and reload them at a later time? PLEASE!!
When you exit the BUG options page, it should always automatically save your settings to the ini files. Now the question is that where you're game is located and if it's in c:\program files\... you'll probably have to add full rights to Civilization 4 folder (includes subfolders) or you'll have to turn off User Account Control (assuming you're using Vista/Win7) or install the game to different location that isn't in the 'program files'.

When you exit the BUG options page, it should always automatically save your settings to the ini files. Now the question is that where you're game is located and if it's in c:\program files\... you'll probably have to add full rights to Civilization 4 folder (includes subfolders) or you'll have to turn off User Account Control (assuming you're using Vista/Win7) or install the game to different location that isn't in the 'program files'.

Thanks for the advice.
I have Vista Home Premium 64bit. The game is already installed in a different partition of the hard drive. User Account Control has always been turned off.
I just saved my game and reloaded, now the options are correct with one exception: the "Advanced combat odds" is turned on although I had turned it off. But I can live with that.

I just saved my game and reloaded, now the options are correct with one exception: the "Advanced combat odds" is turned on although I had turned it off. But I can live with that.
I just read from RevDCM thread that Advanced Combat Odds is bugged and can't be turned off. Since this bug is in the DLL I'll have to wait for new RevDCM version.

Every time I play a fresh installation of RoM or any RevDCM based mod, I go into Config folder and personally change True/False to its opposite if I choose to and change the number to other number. If you understand how these things work, then you are guaranteed a permanent settings according to your personal tastes. I change the ACO to off through that method and it is permanently off.

I just noticed that I cannot build a warlord chief (s) although I have all the requirements (copper, iron, military training, barracks). A warlord chief (without "S") can be built.
And I do not have any "attached" general at the moment.

I just noticed that I cannot build a warlord chief (s) although I have all the requirements (copper, iron, military training, barracks). A warlord chief (without "S") can be built.
And I do not have any "attached" general at the moment.

Yes, intentional. Vincentz, the creator of that modmod, modified it so that only time you get (S) units are when you fight so well or when you kill an enemy warlord unit and capture it.

That Warlord (S) change is one that I fully approve of! It was an easy way to put together stacks of high XP, "Lead by Warlord" units with superb promotions. The capturable-only solution was an excellent way to balance it out!

I also see the same BUG-related issues that were reported on the first page. The strategic layer no longer works correctly (you can't draw city radii on the map with Alt-X) and the suggested buildings for happiness and health on the city screen make crazy suggestions which bear no relationship to what buildings would help, or indeed what your civilization is able to build. The suggested buildings for culture / food / hammers / gold seem fine though IIRC. Presumably an issue with the latest BUG or its merge - I have another image if it helps.

Top Bottom