UNIT REQUEST: B-52 Stratofortress

Shady

Why are you reading this?
The B-52 is the longest bomber in use as far as I know. The first models came out in the 50s and I think they have played a major role in every major U.S. conflict since Vietnam and will remain in service for some more time expectin to be around the mid 21st century. So 100 years of this famous bombers must certainly be in the game.

I've found a place for it in my expanded tech tree and am currently using the ctp2 conversion that someone made but it doesnt have civ colors and doesnt fit in too well.

Attachments

• b-52-image-bank.jpg
    b-52-image-bank.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 402
What about the current B-52 is a problem, other than civcolors . . . cause I can fix that.

Attachments

• b-52.jpg
    b-52.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 353
Yeah, civ colors would be nice on the B-52. Than I might use.:)

The current B-52 looks too small, doesn't have civ colors, and the death is kinda weak. I made cut and paste units, so I still appreciate the hard work, but I stopped making units because I wanted the 3d artists to make them. They tend to be higher quality. If you are offended by this, I'm sorry, I didn't mean any.

I've been requesting a 'heavy bomber' for over a year now. And no one will commit. It's too bad really. I'd really like a B29 and a B52. Opossum was making a REALLY sweet B29, but I'm not sure if he's still doing it.

Sigh... Will someone please make a new, big, really scary looking B52?

*bump*

I think a re-done, larger, more detailed BUFF would be a great hit in Civ3...give more of that modern feel...and add into the air-units...which seem to jump a lil horribly.......old WW2 B-17 styled bomber to what, a stealth bomber? oi

Is this TOO big?

Side by side with existing B52 from the unit library:

Attachments

• b52.jpg
    b52.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 221
Ooh-ooh, Nemesis!

I can see you're skilled with aircraft, how about giving your allies in Britain their favourite bomber? I posted a request in the pinned thread. It's called the Avro Vulcan and it would have flown side by side with the B52 ... well, kinda ;)

It's not as big but it's funky-looking and earned itself a worthy reputation.

A plea for RAF Cold War stuff

Originally posted by stormbind
Ooh-ooh, Nemesis!

I can see you're skilled with aircraft, how about giving your allies in Britain their favourite bomber? I posted a request in the pinned thread. It's called the Avro Vulcan and it would have flown side by side with the B52 ... well, kinda ;)

It's not as big but it's funky-looking and earned itself a worthy reputation.

A plea for RAF Cold War stuff

Actually I have NO skill with 3D. I just found this model and figured out a way to make a unit FLC out of it.

Sorry, I would love to make the Vulcan for you (I agree it's a cool looking aircraft), but unless I stumble across a model . . . :(

Edit: Moved this post to a new thread. Sowwy :p

I think that is too big, it looks cool, but would spill onto all surrounding tiles. Something with a size halfway in between the original and that one would be perfect.

Originally posted by Colonel Kraken
Just create the storyboard, Nemesis, then use Steph's SBB to reduce the size of it. :D

That is the reduced size. :D

That was just my first experiment and it came out a little large. But with all the demands for a "soopasaaaz (supersize)" version I thought I would post it and get reactions. Especially as I did while I was supposed to be doing a paper :mischief: But, I found the model and just could not resist seeing if I could get a unit out of it. Then posted the first blush. I have just finished proofreading my paper. :cool: So I will work on this tonight. Aiming for about TVA22's recomendation, size halfway between the 2.

Perhaps the B52 should be called a Heavy/Fortress/Strato-class bomber or something, because although it is a specific model there are others like it...

The Russian Tu-95 (bear) looked an awful lot like the B52 and a model on such small scale may be indestinguishable? Both were developed in 1954, both are still in service, both were intended to deploy nuclear payload. Physical dimentions and stats look pretty similar to me but I'm not an expert.

Tu aircraft are probably not well known in America but the Russians are apparently quite fond of them and as far as they are concerned, Boeing make cars. Right? :lol:

Diagram of a Tu-95

Comparisson of USSR bombers

Actually, I like the idea of having Fortress-class bomber for the WW2 era and then migrating to Strato-class :)

Top Bottom