Germany

civmaster17

Chieftain
With Germany I usually start of fine with barb units but later on before handed and panzers I start to fall. Germans never in last but never in first either

I think I've figured out a strategy for germs. With free units and less mantainance army can be quite large. So instead of picking on weak I try to tear down better teams with my military by taking there good cities making me better by making other civs worse

In general with Germany, I like to open honor(then Piety/Tradition) so I get barb radar. Then I amass a barb army & then war my neighbors. No city taking, just pillaging, stealing workers, & taking gold, gpt, & luxuries in peace deals. I rinse/repeat this, that way my neighbors can't get a leg up on me. Then once I get hanses I go commerce, I get to mercenary army, & use my massive treasury to spam landschneckts, & then the glorious conquests starts...then the snowball begins...

The key to domination victories, and its not specific to Germany is to keep science up while doing so.
This includes with BNW annexing the cities that you kept at some point after they came out of resistance and building the basic science buildings that got destroyed during the conquest.

As Germany, I play my normal strategy (tradition opener, scout, worker, shrine), except build an extra archer/spearman (depends if i go Bronze Working or Archery), which helps me clear camps. I attack one civ, get more lands then can turtle with tons of production from Hanse. Late game, i am so far ahead i can win whatever i want.

Top Bottom