Ramkhamhaeng, Thy Name is Ding Dong

DBuckner21

Chieftain
I can't just can't help it. This guy cracks me up.

He's unbearably irritating in the later stages of the game, but he's just so dang fun in the beginning.

Since we are usually bff's in the early game, I nicknamed him Ramalama Ding Dong during one of our conversations. At his request, we shortened it so now it's just Ding Dong. Quite fitting for his personality, mannerisms and appearance.

Usually our trade negotiations start with something like "Hey...Ding Dong...You got any money?"

What does everyone else think of Mr. Ding Dong? Have any good nicknames for your bff's?

I used to have a crush on Dido because she looks like my girlfriend. After the nth backstab, however, the word I now use to describe her would not be appropriate for this forum.

I too call the king of Siam Ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong. All other nicknames are just old Civ fan classics: Monty, Lizzy, Cathy.

I also call Napoleon Boney, because I used to read a series of books set in the peninsular wars.

Gustavus Adolphus is just Adolph to me in reference to his love for starting world wars and his insatiable desire to conquer the world.

I can't just can't help it. This guy cracks me up.

He's unbearably irritating in the later stages of the game, but he's just so dang fun in the beginning.

Since we are usually bff's in the early game, I nicknamed him Ramalama Ding Dong during one of our conversations. At his request, we shortened it so now it's just Ding Dong. Quite fitting for his personality, mannerisms and appearance.

Usually our trade negotiations start with something like "Hey...Ding Dong...You got any money?"

What does everyone else think of Mr. Ding Dong? Have any good nicknames for your bff's?

That could be an issue more than his name. And it's strange that I got that kind of behavior from Montezuma a lot and he spawns everygame. It's like the game decide to ask me "Please avoid peaceful game at all cost or I will summon Montezuma to you". And I was like "Why HIM????? OH MAN!". About Ramkamhaeng, he seems to be not appear in my games at all. :(

Enrico "Kick Me" Dandolo.

I freaking hate this guy. What he need is a real early game kick in the D, or better yet to be exterminated entirely. No idea how he consistently founds a religion first without faith pantheons. No idea where he gets the faith to spam missionaries constantly either. Builds tons of wonders, mass spams religion, leaves a dozen trade ships unprotected, and spawns in the most prime real estate on the map every time. Is it any wonder he needs to be taken over somehow though I'm the total monster if I punish him for such greedy cheating bs .

I prefer Ramkhamkangaroo.

I freaking hate this guy. What he need is a real early game kick in the D, or better yet to be exterminated entirely. No idea how he consistently founds a religion first without faith pantheons. No idea where he gets the faith to spam missionaries constantly either. Builds tons of wonders, mass spams religion, leaves a dozen trade ships unprotected, and spawns in the most prime real estate on the map every time. Is it any wonder he needs to be taken over somehow though I'm the total monster if I punish him for such greedy cheating bs .

This, plus he puppets the CS you just spent 500 gold on to get a new ally.

Venice builds Hagia Sophia to get a Great Prophet so he doesn't miss out on the Religion game. Sometimes Venice instead goes Liberty and chooses a Great Prophet on Liberty Completion instead. Would you expect him to just ignore the Religion mechanic?

If you start a religion with a prophet from liberty without having a pantheon, you could also get the pantheon along with the religion.

What about my BFF, Kame "Fish Face" Hameha.''

And let's never forget my bro Nebby!

I tend to call Enrico Dandolo "Pierdol się", but I'm not entirely sure whether it counts as a nickname. It's basically the polish equivalent for F U.

Top Bottom