A matter of preference

Eyyymyyyy

Chieftain
Brand new to the forums... I've had the game for a little while now and am ashamed to admit I haven't finished a game. I really hate loading games.

Anywho! Who is your favorite fun CIV/Style to play and why should I give them a try? I'm not talking your favorite powerhouse, ultra mega combo. Nor am I talking what you think the best CIV is and why. I want to know the CIV you find to be the most fun to play when you just want to do something different for kicks.

Thanks for your time!

I love the germs because of the free barb units it just makes killing barbs that much funner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't really formed a preference yet... but I love it when Kamehameha is in the game. He's my bro. He comes over and is all, "Eyyy myyyy". I wish I could give him a beer and we could chill all day.

Indonesia can be cool too with kris swordsman because you never know which ones will be super soldiers and which ones will be worse than basic soldiers. Rare luxs allow you do do more to

Even though they suck, Byzantine can be cool because of there dromon. A boat that spits fire, it's like a dragon

A civ I like to play just for kicks? Denmark is fun for war, and the Aztecs have a very different way of dealing with the early game. And then there's Venice.

More notably, I enjoy aiming for a Cultural victory. That, and maintaining a naval empire.

It depends on what cravings you happen to have at the moment.

Wanna play as the ultimate D and steal everyone's city states? Go for Austria. Venice is always an option, though inability to fund cities is just unacceptable for me personally.

India is good for a quick, culture-based game. Civ BNW favors tall empires (few cities, lots of citizens) so you won't be lagging behind in anything and the game will be quite fast-paced. Less territory means less maintenance.

Aztecs, Zulu and Huns are great if you just feel like destroying something beautiful. Aztecs will allow you to do it with style, the Zulu have some interesting flanking bonuses and Huns can burn cities twice as fast which eliminates the annoying part of war when you cannot afford to conquer anything because of ruined happiness.

Muslim strategy with a religious civilization is also fun. Inca and Ethiopia allow for huge early faith gains plus religion-based combat bonuses. Pick islam as your religion, denounce everyone who doesn't believe that islam is religion of peace and send your holly warriors to behead them all. You can also pick Arabia for that and hope for a desert start.

On one hand, the French have a quite entertaining unique ability and so does Brazil. Extremely circumstantial and determines your progress from the very beginning but building symbiosis with terrain is quite fun. Something similar could be said for Polynesia, though they can be frustrating if you get an unsuitable map. On the other hand, there is Poland with their versatility. After a little bit of exploring, you can decide on pretty much everything for the future.

Last but not least, there's Spain. Go on a hunt for natural wonders and make sure that all the wonders are belong to us. Small Continents Plus map script is the best for this approach.

The biggest strength of Civilization V is the fact that with theoretically very limited options, you can play millions of completely different games. You'll surely find something for yourself.

Tall Strategy Polynesia on Island Maps where I can kick back and listen to the awesome msic and not worry for 100T+ about a DoW.

The most fun to play has to be the Mongols. There's nothing like the pure power of blitzing through Civs faster then your happiness can keep up. I usually start with building chariots as fast as possible. I build about 4 to 6 chariots. And a coutlet melee and go conquer my neighbor. At the same time I beeline for the tech that gives me Keshiks.

On standard speed. By the time I'm done razing the last city of my first victim. It's time to upgrade to Keshiks. Now I have 4 to 6 veteran Chariots with a couple promotions that turn into Keshiks. And within half an era you might have every capital on your home continent. And with them being mounted range that can move after firing they are the perfect seige weapon and on an open field a couple Keshiks can handle melee an era ahead.

The hardest part about the mongols, just like real life is handling the unhappiness, the economy, sending your vast land army over seas and having enough resources within your empire to keep peoplease happy because no Civ will ever trade with you.

Top Bottom