Rallying call for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

- City states are used as RFC independents. They are grouped in Minor Civs. There are 20 or more of them. So, when a civ collapses, it will not necessarily break up into barbarian/independent/native, but it may become Byzantine, or Australian, or Brazilian, depending on the falling civ and on the location.

YAY!

This has to be my favourite idea so far. My only gripe with RFC was the unrealisticness of civil wars. I mean, during the American Civil War, did the nation collapse into hundreds of city-states? No, there were two clear sides. IMO, this system will fix that side of RFC, making it a better thing all round.

Of course, I still want there to be collapses and such, as independents make sense. I think this is going to be awesome.

:D

- A DLC free version is not planned at the moment, but it could be made once the mod is complete

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, i am going to wait for the final version.

- Songhai are replaced by Ethiopia. Leader graphics will stay at it is. This change isn't 100% sure yet, but so far it proved to be a good change gameplay-wise

I get the gameplay advantages of Ethiopia, but I would rather add them as an extra civ, while keeping Songhai in

Hey Rhye, just discovered this thread and I made an account here just to thank you for all your hard work in making RFC for CiV, I cannot wait to play it, RFC was my favourite thing about BTS. I'm happy to help in anyway I can, I'm downloading all the DLC now in preperation :D

Keep up the awesome awesome work.

Hi Rhye,
this is how they could appear in the game ;)

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,410
India is much more important for world history though.

i don't know about that. southeast asia, sure, but not more important than east asia. like china and mongolia.

Serious? :crazyeye:East asia has China, Mongolia, Korea and Japan, but the subcontinent of India has almost the same size, it seems too large for only one civ. I think the newer version of world map enlarged the line from spain to india, through all the eurasia continent. However the part of india isn't so necessary. At least, india has only 3 million KM^2 in real world, only 1/3 of China.:)

India is much more important for world history though.

I missed the East Asia bit :lol:

Rhye, has you considered allowing unit stacking for just a unit type? For example, when launching an attack on Nation A, Nation B can stack all of its Infantry up into one hexagon, aircraft in one, and armor in another. This will allow for simulation of bases that will allow the leader to move units from and assault. If need be, you could also limit the number of same units per tile if balancing becomes an issue.

Rhye, has you considered allowing unit stacking for just a unit type? For example, when launching an attack on Nation A, Nation B can stack all of its Infantry up into one hexagon, aircraft in one, and armor in another. This will allow for simulation of bases that will allow the leader to move units from and assault. If need be, you could also limit the number of same units per tile if balancing becomes an issue.

That would be unneeded, as Rhye already enlarged the map...

Regardless, as you get into the later eras you will find that money is more accesible and you're gonna need more space for units. Why not have the ability to stack them?

And from what I have seen from the images, the map isn't enlarged THAT much.

Why not have the ability to stack them?

because it's a big gameplay change that will require major rebalance, and anyway it would be better to make it as a separate mod for people that want to keep 1upt (like me).

Trust me, it would be the same as 1upt except more realistic as you could multiple units of the same kind in the same hex.

@Deanej- Wow, that's a really good point. That'd definitely make things very difficult.

@Deanej- Wow, that's a really good point. That'd definitely make things very difficult.

Not quite..

It is definately possible to spawn settlers/workers on different tiles/on different turns without messing up gameplay. Trust me, I couldn't wait for Rhye to finally release this so I'm attempting to run my own 'simulation' - and it works nicely with 1 upt. :)

However, one thing Rhye *did*, in fact, mention, is that modifiers are atm impossible, and THIS should be what we should be scared of. In my own simulation, I've been able to give tech 'discounts' to later civs only by giving them a % of research towards techs. As in, for example, the Greeks (turn 50 out of 500) get a free 10% 'discount' on ALL techs. (plus further discount based on certain factors; first to Philosophy, UU Companion Cavalry etc)

I have been however unable to give such 'discounts' on food/production, so I had to give barren numbers (e.g. for each 50 turns the game is on autoplay, I give a free permanent +1 :c5food: +1 :c5production: and +1 :c5gold: to all cities, which is not as nice as modifiers).

The AI, however, *is* a bit adjustable.. not really in the way we want it, but pushing flavors to extreme kinda works. (e.g. giving Ramses/Nebu/Alex very high wonder flavor does make them competitive, to, well, wonders :p )

Top Bottom