Venetian.. Impi?

Musketeer935

AoEIII Fan
I was playing a game on BNW and noticed that Venice had an Impi... the Zulus aren't in the game that I'm playing. And ideas where it came from?

A city state. Militaristic city states grant you troops, and sometimes those are unique units of other civilizations.

Good call, I played a couple more turns, and a city state gave me one, haha. Is it a bug that they give UUs? Or is that intended?

It's from a militaristic city-state; if you're allied with them (in Gods and Kings/BNW, not vanilla) they can gift the Unique Units of civs that aren't in that specific game.
Edit: Eef, got ninja'd.

This thread again? :lol:
Militaristic City-States can give the UU of a civilization that is not in the game to their Ally.
Venice is allied with a Militaristic City-State that gives Impis, thus it gets Impis! :D

Interestingly, I also have Venetian Impis running around in my game! :p Isabella was trying to conquer Venice, and she had a really hard time, even with a ton of units! :crazyeye:
In my case, Hanoi is the one giving Venice Impis! I also had Valletta in my game, and it was my ally, but Venice bought it before I could get any of the special units! :sad: I don't even remember what they were anymore...

To know what UU they give, hover your mouse over their type (Where it says they are Militaristic and tells you their personality)! :D

To know what UU they give, hover your mouse over their type (Where it says they are Militaristic and tells you their personality)! :D
Ah, thanks. I didn't know you could see what units they give, that's really cool.

This thread again? :lol:
Militaristic City-States can give the UU of a civilization that is not in the game to their Ally.

Perhaps Firaxis should warn new players with big ads " CAREFUL !!! CITY STATES GIVE UNIQUE UNITS !!!" :lol:
I noticed this feature by myself when I "accidentaly" hoovered the mouse over the city-state panel, and IMO it's a very good thing: these units add some diversity and act as mercenaries. And it can tell who is in the game or not. I feel very happy when I meet a CS giving Mohawk Warrior :)

In my current game I have an army (5-6) of long-bowmen as Greece. Turned out to great bazookas!

Did it come from Kongo? I forget what category they are. I was dealing with Egyptian Forest Elephants myself.

Wait so what happens if Venice gets gifted a Conqustador? Can they found a city?

Wait so what happens if Venice gets gifted a Conqustador? Can they found a city?

Considering that it's implemented by not allowing Venice to build a settler, my guess is that they could (provided that unit was on a different landmass.)

It's from a militaristic city-state; if you're allied with them (in Gods and Kings/BNW, not vanilla) they can gift the Unique Units of civs that aren't in that specific game.
Edit: Eef, got ninja'd.

To add to this, Vanilla, after a certain patch, even gave a random chance of a UU appearing as well (it just was systematized like they did with G&K).

Top Bottom