Natural Wonders

Reedstilt

Prince
I've been mulling over some ideas for new Natural Wonders. You'll notice a theme that's missing two in the set. If you have any ideas for filling in the gaps, I'd be happy to hear it.

STRAIT OF MAGELLAN
+3 :c5gold:, +1 :c5production:, +25% :c5greatperson: Great Admiral

MOON HILL
+3 :c5culture:, +1 :c5gold:, +25% :c5greatperson: Great Artist

BLACK HILLS
+2 :c5culture:, +2 :c5gold:, +25% :c5greatperson: Great General

LAKE PONTCHARTRAIN
+3 :c5culture:, +1 :c5food:, +25% :c5greatperson: Great Musician

GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
+4 :c5science:, +25% :c5greatperson: Great Scientist

BLACK FOREST
+3 :c5culture:, +1 :c5production:, +25% :c5greatperson: Great Writer

WITWATERSRAND
Provides 2 Gems, 2 Gold, and 2 Uranium Resouces

ROCK OF GIBRALTAR*
+4 :c5gold:, +1 Trade Route

NGORONGORO CRATER
+2 :c5culture:, +2 :c5science:, Zoos provide +1 :c5happy:

*Double checking the Natural Wonder list today, I realized that the Rock of Gibraltar is already a Natural Wonder. Somehow, I've never discovered it in all my Civ5 games.

If King Solomon's Mines is considered a natural wonder then I think we can do a few more wonders like converting Petra into one, Great Zimbawbwe, Mesa Verde.

Komodo Island
+4 :c5science: science
+2 tourism

Lake Toba
+1 :c5food: food (to reflect abundance of resources)
+1 :c5science: science (to reflect volcanic activity)
+1 tourism (to reflect popular tourist destination hot-spot)
+1 :c5happy: happiness (to reflect that magic mushrooms are legal there)

I was thinking about a wonder like Mt Everest to have Mt Kiliminjaro's traits, but since that's taken maybe something like:

If in your territory, allows heal +15 hp per turn if adjacent to it, while enemy loses -15hp per turn adjacent

(or)

Gain +15% combat strength adjacent, enemy loses -15% combat strength

But maybe there is a better wonder to utilize this idea

You forgot the Amazon rainforest

It is impossible to think in Natural Wonder and does not include the Amazon rainforest

I think it's hard to do such large regional natural wonders since Natural Wonders are impassable and you'd need to have a cluster of Amazon Rainforests like the Barrier Reef to get an accurate sense of things.

I think it might be interesting if the game kept track of things like the Largest Contiguous Jungle or Longest River and rewarded players for discovering them as well.

plokoon9619 said:
If King Solomon's Mines is considered a natural wonder then I think we can do a few more wonders like converting Petra into one, Great Zimbawbwe, Mesa Verde.

I think the Natural Wonder the Mines are supposed to represent is the mineral deposit rather than the mine itself.

seasnake said:
I'd love it they'd boot out El Dorado, Fountain of Youth and KSM.

I'm not sure how I feel about these fictitious wonders as well. I've only found El Dorado once and never found the Fountain of Youth. Might not have played enough BNW games yet to have triggered KSM. As long as their incredibly rare spawns, I don't mind them and it's fun to have them pop up occasionally. If they were common though, then they get annoying.

Maybe there should be a new category for this class of Natural Wonders. They could be called Fabled Locations instead, something like that. Just for fun, here's a few more:

ATLANTIS
+3 :c5culture:, +3 :c5science:, One Free Technology to the first person to discover it

SHANGRI-LA
+5 :c5faith:, +5 :c5happy:

CAPRONA
+1 :c5gold: for each Exploration Policy, +1 :c5science: for each Rationalism Policy

Top Bottom