Battling the world

To an extent it's a best-guess, but...have you ever offered a "Declare war on..." to another AI to see what they would pay you? I.e. THEY bribe YOU to do a DoW you were going to do anyway. There is a 15-turn minimum before you can Negotiate Peace with that AI again, whereas it's only like 5 turns if you just DoW straight up.

I don't see what the one has to do with the other. But I need to be more consistent with trying offers for “Declare war on...” to AIs to see what they would pay me -- because I did not think that was really an option!

I have used the negotiation screens for mutual DoW, but when I click on the “what will it take button” it has always resulted in me throwing something in. Otherwise, I have been mutually DoWing from the dialog screen before that, because I or they want 10 turns.

If, on their turn, an AI asks you to DoW, does that mean they will almost certainly offer you something to DoW through the negotiation screen (if you wait until your turn, and negotiate a Dow)? If I actually like the AI-initiated DoW offer (which is unusual in my experience), I have been hesitant to pass it up.

If the AI's refuse to talk to you for a long time and no matter what, it's probably because they were bribed. In my case it was more like 30 turns (not 15), but I also got dogpiled by 7 AI's. They had to have been talking to each other.

What's possible is, after I plundered all those trade routes, all that gpt the bribing AI was paying out must have turned sour.

The 15 turns before one can start negotiating peace is telling. It would be very interesting to find out who was paying what. Sometime an AI will DoW for truly trivial amounts of gpt. Other times they refuse all bribes, but DoW on their own just a few turns latter. I don't think it is entirely logical.

Turn sequence could be a factor. Was the leading AI the first in the to go? He would have had plenty of gpt to bribe the others on his turn. It would be interesting to go back to the save before that all happened and see if you could break it up somehow. One DoW would be so much more manageable than 7! But you did great!

Top Bottom