SANCTA Embassy & Intelligence

A new message from SANCTA

Namaste Donsig, The Ninjas salute the Great Nation of Kazakhstan. Good to hear back from you. We feared that perhaps our Ninja messengers had decided to defect and permanently live in a land as glorious as yours. There has been heated discussion of your proposal – and by a thin margin – we have decided we are willing to part with knowledge of Metal Casting. However – we’re not giving it away for free! As I’m sure you understand, the price would have to be fair. Make us an offer! What will you give the Ninjas in exchange for the wondrous ability to cast metal? Best, General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA Vast sea of silence A light across the waves shines Communication

What shall we give them in exchange? I think it's worth trading something with them, after all we'll eventually give MC away to everyone in our alliance...

I think we should trade them alphabet, they havent met Saturn, so we can preemptively trade all possible trades Sancta can do with Saturn, and ruin their early negotiations that way.

Alphabet is only 2/3 the beakers of MC so they are going to want more. Does SANCTA have Writing yet? If not I bet they are teching it now.

Saturn and SANCTA aren't going to meet each other for a while if neither have bothered to build a wb

We should ask if SANCTA are teching Writing or if they want this from us, as some of our more interesting techs need Writing as a prereq. This will also buy us some time...

we can trade sancta writing for sailing as a test, then we do alpha for mc. I think we should do this, so that our tech alliance can get Civil Service by ourselves.

we can get Sailing from MS for free... Cav will have it this turn and can give it to us next turn.

ok good then. I got the following plan:

Cav offer them writing and alpha
We offer them writing, alpha and poly, if they are willing to initiate a dialogue about strategic partnership. This will make Sancta think they got a nice alliance going for them, and this will keep them more militant with Saturn. We need to string them along, and this is a way of doing it. If we offer the exact same tech deal as Cav, we just seem too uniform and coordinated.

A little update: SANCTA now have 5 cities

Why not offer them masonry and mono as part of a deal? This give them nothing right away but would let them tech theo easier. They should get their 1st GP fairly soon since they have the Oracle and we assume are running an engineer with a forge. Therefore they could either build theo with a philosopher (or try to tech it and build a shrine) or rush a wonder with an engineer - I would assume they pick the pyramids.

We are not going for that wonder anyway and it would be a good incentive to keep Mad teching more useful stuff.

What could we ask for in return, they only have MC to give and they'll want more than just Mas and Mono for it :sad:

Proposed reply:

Dear Daimyo General_W,

We are so sorry for the delay in responding and we are pleased to hear that you are willing to trade metal casting to us. We can offer you masonry and monotheism now. We realize this offer is a bit light and more negotiations are needed but we're just not sure what it is the Glorious Ninja want for metal casting. Can you enlighten us?

donsig of Kazakhstan

Please discuss, edit, revise etc.

perhaps we could throw in Archery as well, giving them something we'll get from Saturn :)

and maybe HBR later on down the line. I think HBR from Saturn to then give to SANCTA is a good idea. (I agree with Provo's suggestion, I just objected to it being discussed with Cav before we'd given it enough discussion ourselves. And that's not all Provo's fault either).

Revised proposal for reply - adding archery and horseback riding as suggestions we can add to masonry and monotheism:

Dear Daimyo General_W,

We are so sorry for the delay in responding and we are pleased to hear that you are willing to trade metal casting to us. We can offer you masonry and monotheism now. We realize this offer is a bit light and more negotiations are needed but we're just not sure what it is the Glorious Ninja want for metal casting. Can you enlighten us? Might we suggest archery and horseback riding?

donsig of Kazakhstan

Please discuss, edit, revise etc.

We know that they will reject Masonry and Monotheism, cant we just offer them Alpha and Polytheism as Provo suggested? Offering Masonry and Monotheism just seems like a waste of time...

Honestly... how long would it take SANCTA to tech Polytheism themselves?... 1 turn? 2 turns? If we get Metal Casting from SANCTA the 'next tech' debate will be over and we will start Aesthetics right away, so there is no way they will beat us to it, as they will probably want to finish whatever they are teching now first.

We could even go for Civil Service since Cavalieros said they would tech Aesthetics for us if we did Civil Service. I thought I heard someone say that their tech rate is almost as fast as ours at this point... Either way, we beat SANCTA to Aesthetics :goodjob:

I thought I heard someone say that their tech rate is almost as fast as ours at this point...
That would have been me, it's not that bad they've done well to catch up.

We know that they will reject Masonry and Monotheism, cant we just offer them Alpha and Polytheism as Provo suggested? Offering Masonry and Monotheism just seems like a waste of time...

Isn't Team Cav offering SANCTA alphabet and poly for metal casting? As I said earlier, it doesn't matter if we make the trade or Team Cav does - we get metal casting either way. We're not wasting time we're giving SANCTA another option.

Should we send the proposed note?

Should we tell them that we do not have HBR and Archery at the moment? Or is that a dumb idea?

I'm kind of afraid that they'll say yes, but we don't have the goods... It will be a while yet until we can conclude the deal with Saturn right?

They are going to laugh when we talk about trading techs we don't have yet. We sent them a message a while back saying we didn't want to do that (a clam in hand is better than 2 in the ocean or something like that).

I have to run this morning and it doesn't seem we're sure what we want to say to SANCTA. I'll be offline most of the day so if we reach agreement on what we want to say please send a message out to SANCTA's team email and make sure a copy of what is sent is posted in this thread. Thanks.

Top Bottom