SANCTA Embassy & Intelligence

Observations
#1 in Mfg has gone up +6 to 32, that's quite a lot! (it's not Cav)

Did Sancta build a forge? If so we should expect them to get a GE or GP in less than 20 turns. I expect they would go for pyramids, or the GL if they get the GE. We should work this into our plans.

If we want the GL we should probably do some pre-chopping so that we can finish it all at once as soon as we have ascetics.

Good point damnrunner, it could be that they are forging and trying to go for a wonder. We're pretty sure they have masonry so they could be going for Pyramids.

We've just got some very useful intel from Renata in team Cav. See here for details.

The only way that giving SANCTA Alphabet could harm our bid for GL is if Saturn have already got (or are going for) Polytheism (perhaps they got this instead of writing recently). Otherwise SANCTA will have to tech that as well before the can get Literature.

We really have to say something soon dagnammit!

How's this for a revised version?:

We like multiple choice, very nice. But it give us tricky decision to make. In meantime our boat go in little circles looking for clams.

In times of important decision as a nation we turn to our elders. Like great Kazakh wise man Yodah, he say:

"If nice juicy apples you have and you meet two men who wish to have some of your apples, which will you trade with?

One man, pears and oranges has, the other just pears.

If you take pears from the first man what does the 2nd man offer that you don't already have?

Not good for balanced diet. Much pears you have. Soon you become sick of apples and pears, much better to have oranges as well, no?"

Wise man Yodah, bad grammer he has and always talking about using "The Fork", but he speaks truth. So we thank you for your kind offer, but we no needing your pears. Although we are interested in some oranges.

In my country, we very proud of our great leader. We want to make great, beautiful statue to honour her. But we don't know how to make things from metal.

Clever Ninja wise men know this secret. You tell it us and we tell you secret of word symbols?

Right now, we don't have knowldege of this Alphabet way of which you speak, but maybe soon. When do your wise men want do such a trade anyway?

We have knowledge of writing, but you need to have also if we give you alphabet, no? You clever and know how to write already?

Our ship sail far to reach you, maybe knowledge of proper ships can make benefit our two glorious nations. Trade good. Bring people close together and make good money for both.

In meantime, if we go way of twilight, will it be long before we can make peace and continue our friend discussions about sharing knowledge?

donsig

Quick straw poll, are we sending this?

Sounds good, send it.

Just to be clear though I still think we should a.) DoW and transit as soon as we tech Alphabet (after looking at their techs) and b.) Not trade them anything at all... ever (and yes I know MC is tempting).

Right, I'll send it as soon as I'm in the office (can't cut and paste easily with BBerry).

Best case scenario is for them to reject our proposal! At least then we have avoided trading with them without raising suspicions.

Their offer sucks anyway, they are only offer 1 tech that isn't already known by 3 civs! And MS will soon have iron working.

They want a tech only we have, so now we are asking for a tech only they have let's see how open they are...

Do we know approximately what sancta's tech rate is?

I think we should go for the GL and should not trade alpha to Sancta. We might try to trade monarchy for it though later.

Knowing sancta's tech rate would give us a good idea of how fast they could research aesthetics. I am sure we have a faster tech rate, but how much faster would be key to knowing how much time we have. If we have a sizable cushion - then trading away alpha would not be so bad.

I'm thinking we should just pass through and say 'let us know when you have decided if you want to trade'

If you've already sent them the note then perhaps we should wait and see what they say before barging on. If you haven't sent it then just modify your last line to sy we'll tahe the Way of Twilight and hope they want to talk more soon.

I've sent the note already, and we've been waiting a few hours for them to respond already. I was thinking of finishing the turn in the morning before going to work as that will be latest I could end the turn.

But I don't think I'll have time to do that now.

SANCTA still haven't replied (good!). And perhaps it's best we end turn now before they response anyway.

We can send an official note and then I can send a pm to General W to say I left it as late as I could before ending turn. We'll just need to make sure cav scout doesn't log in after me

I'll send this message:

Greetings Ninjas,

We took long time to consider your last proposal, so maybe you need some time to consider ours? We waiting for you reply but in meantime we take "Way of Twilight".

Hopefully by time we through your borders you will know how you want to respond, yes?

p.s. I've checked with Niklas and he's happy with this plan. they will send us the first phase of the tech exchange plan on their turn, and we'll accept it on their turn

AH+Writing (not Hunting now) for Med first of all

ok, I've sent the latest message, signing off as donsig

EDIT: Well what do you know, SANCTA don't have Writing! So what was all that about us trading Alphabet with them?

Spoiler :

ok, I've sent the latest message, signing off as donsig

EDIT: Well what do you know, SANCTA don't have Writing! So what was all that about us trading Alphabet with them?
Simple IMO, SANCTA wanted us to confirm that we actually had Alphabet..

I think we should base any trade decision with SANCTA on the Great Library. If we decide we want to try for the Great Library and we decide that trading with SANCTA would ruin that chance then we don't trade. We've put more into the TTA than Team Cav or MS so we can negotiate our way out of a trade with SANCTA if we want.

Now that we know that SANCTA does not have writing, it does not seem like we have to worry about losing GL

When I did our turn I send SANCTA a cease fire proposal. They have ended their turn without accepting... hmm, what does this mean?

We can't see resources in trade screen until we get sailing. But we know they have copper, wheat and fish at least. Rice is also nearby

Do they know we have horses (i.e. do they have sailing)?
If yes, they might pop up with some spearmen and that would sucks big time).
If no, we might gamble over a chariot based army.

I have a bad feeling about a war now :sad: . We must have a plan to give us a decent defence within a time horizon defined by the time lag of them reaching our territory (I wouldn't stand that our glorious team disappear so early! :mad: ).

Top Bottom