Assyria discussion

I loved the Ashurbanipal leaderhead. Also, they joked about him having GDR tech in his library. Do you suppose that was a hint that they have a library UU? Or we're they just talking about the room he was in.
I think Assyria will have the 'Karum' as a unique building or possibly a tile improvement, since it fits with the new caravans.

Care to compare? I'm not sure i follow what you mean.

The Assyria civs icon is not the same in the leader screen as in the first released screenshot with the siege tower and Warsaw

I'm on a phone, it gets confusing easily lol

Considering the Assyrians were famous for moving whole peoples around their empire to pacify newly conquered areas, I am sure we will see some UA along the the lines of when a city is conquered, half its population disappears and a third of it reappears in your old cities.

Assyrians were hell of a warmonger civ, known by their cruelty and no mercy. Expect a really tough rival with this one!

• Found your first city
  • Send warrior south
  • Meet Attila
  • Send him west next
  • Meet Monty
  • From the east a Greek scout appears
  • Send newly build scout North
  • Meet Ashurbanipal

You are now bordered by Attila, Monty, Alexander and Ashurbanipal.
What do?

• Found your first city
  • Send warrior south
  • Meet Attila
  • Send him west next
  • Meet Monty
  • Meet Ashurbanipal

What do?

Quit, Start over

• Found your first city
  • Send warrior south
  • Meet Attila
  • Send him west next
  • Meet Monty
  • Meet Ashurbanipal

What do?

You forgot Gandhi.

Gandhi is the final boss of this game.
If you manage to survive Monty, Alex, Attila and Ashur, you have to defeat the big bad guy Gandhi.
Better be prepared for getting nuked every turn.:nuke::hammer:

Gandhi is the final boss of this game.
If you manage to survive Monty, Alex, Attila and Ashur, you have to defeat the big bad guy Gandhi.
Better be prepared for getting nuked every turn.:nuke::hammer:

He only needs one turn, 40 nukes plus 100 units of Xcom Squad

Unfortunately, I feel that, aesthetically speaking, there is not enough distinction between Persia, Babylon, and Assyria.

Ishtar Gate is featured in the background of the Assyrian leader-screen which was constructed by Nebuchadnezzar II and which was built in Babylon. :crazyeye:

Both Persia and Assyria have the Double-Bull statues featured in their leader-screens as well.

Not to mention that all three share similar style square and curled beards.

I do like Ashurbanipal's clothing though. :p

I wonder if the addition of Assyria leaves The Hittites outside the game for now. Wouldn't it be a little redundant to have them now?

What is your name?
Sir Robin of Camelot
What is your quest?
To seek the grail.
What is the capital of Assyria? What? I don't know that... Ahhhhh

The question is - will he be the fast teching monster as Darius or at least better than Nebby?

I wonder if the addition of Assyria leaves The Hittites outside the game for now. Wouldn't it be a little redundant to have them now?

Not at all! Actually, I'm almost sure the remaining 6 civilizations to be revealed are the Hittites, the Akkadians, the Sumerians, the Medes, the Parthians and the Palmyrans :p

• Found your first city
  • Send warrior south
  • Meet Attila
  • Send him west next
  • Meet Monty
  • Meet Ashurbanipal

What do?
Hope that Shaka is in the game so you can play as him?

Top Bottom