Brave New World gameplay walkthrough w. Ed Beach posting tomorrow

No it is not. Brasillia is the capital of Brazil.
See the trade screen at 5:48.
Salvador is yellow.

I'm pretty sure that they made Rio the capital for the game, whilst Salvador is a Brazilian city that was probably captured by Assyria.

No, each ideology is good at 3 of 4 things. Autocracy is implied to be not a science ideology.

I think these are pretty clear:

Autocracy is not good in Science victory
Freedom is not good in Domination victory
Order is not good in Cultural victory (Can be good in culture as such, but not in tourism)

In real life Autocratic Civs were good in science, but so were Order and freedom Civs so its just a balance thing I guess. There is also still the Rationalism tree so it should not be impossible to win Scientific victory as an Autocratic Civ.

Other interesting new stuff I saw:
*New works: Maria by Jorge Isaacs (Writer), Urubhanga (The Broken Thigh) by Bhasa (Writer), Nymphes des bois by Josquin des Prez (Musician), Da'ud Receives a Robe of Honor from Mun'im Khan by Pieter Brueghel the Elder (Artist) (That doesn't sound right), Under the Wave off Kanagawa (by Hokusai IRL, though tooltip lists no Artist, maybe Parthenon gives free art when built?).
*Umgungundlovu, Nobamba (both places in KwaZulu-Natal), and Bulawayo (second largest city in Zimbabwe) are Zulu cities, though I can't quite spot what artstyle they use.
*The Zulu have Pikemen?

Spoiler :
BNW.jpg

A picture of the tech tree for those who might want a reference.
-Feitora is unlocked at navigation.
- Something new at Printing Press (World Congress?)
- Something new next to Sistine Chapel
- Some wonder at Metallurgy

For some reason, some of the Great Works in the video don't match up...

Great Works that do match with their creators:
Maria by Jorge Isaacs (Spanish writer)
Urubhaga by Bhasa (Indian writer)
Nymphes des bois by Josquin de Prez (French musician)

Great Works that don't match with their creators:
Emperor Taizong Receiving the Tibetan Envoy (Chinese painting) and Eugene Delacroix (French artist) but the artist should be Yan Liben.
Da'ud Receives a Robe of Honor from Mun'im Khan (I can't find any information on this) and Pieter Bruegel the Elder (Flemish artist who we saw creating his actual painting, Tower of Babel in an earlier demo)

Great Work without any creator:
Great Wave off Kanagawa has no creator according to this demo.
However, the artist in real life is confirmed as Hokusai.

Edit: Oh, it looks like someone beat me to it...

Also, I believe that's the Uffizi Gallery at Architecture. Not sure what the thing at Refrigeration is. Possibly a Hotel?

For some reason, some of the Great Works in the video don't match up...

Great Works that do match with their creators:
Maria by Jorge Isaacs (Writer)
Urubhaga by Bhasa (Writer)
Nymphes des bois by Josquin de Prez (Musician)

Great Works that don't match with their creators"
Emperor Taizong Receiving the Tibetan Envoy (Chinese painting) and Eugene Delacroix (French artist)
But the artist should be Yan Liben.
Da'ud Receives a Robe of Honor from Mun'im Khan (I can't find any information on this) and Pieter Bruegel the Elder (Flemish artist who we saw creating Tower of Babel in an earlier demo :crazyeyes: )

Great Work without any creator:
Great Wave off Kanagawa has no creator according to this demo.
However, the artist in real life is confirmed as Hokusai.

I noticed this. It would be very disappointing if they didn't have Great Works match up with their real-life creator, especially since everything we've seen so far suggests that the opposite was what they were doing.

There are two new things at Flight - one is a new effect and another is either a building or unit. Possibly an Airbase?

Autocracy would intuitively not be good at diplomacy...

Well, that's neither true nor good for gameplay. The entire idea of having three ideologies is that the world will split into factors, this being the basis for a late game diplomatic split. Making one "bad a diplomacy" would effectively ruin that.

Confirming that each ideological tree is good at 3 of 4 victory types serves as a weakness to the ideological pressure system. Flipping another civ's ideology is less of a calamity to absolutely strive to prevent, since victory is probably still available to you. On the other hand, since your chances are not completely ruined, it means you need not throw your arms in the air and surrender. Imagine choosing an ideology at the modern era just to hope for an ideological flip to win back a time lag you have behind that player... or the flipside, stories of MP games with a hero player who changes gears at end game to attain a different victory from expected. Sadly, probably one of these will never happen. :sad:

Yet it sounds like a good balance.

--
Is that a bonus for Banking, too?

Maybe the refrigeration bonus is a straightforward boost to a certain bonus resource's food yield, or the domestic food trade. Or maybe a commerce boost from the obviously lucrative luxury of iced cream. :lol:

I think these are pretty clear:

Autocracy is not good in Science victory
Freedom is not good in Domination victory
Order is not good in Cultural victory (Can be good in culture as such, but not in tourism)

In real life Autocratic Civs were good in science, but so were Order and freedom Civs so its just a balance thing I guess. There is also still the Rationalism tree so it should not be impossible to win Scientific victory as an Autocratic Civ.

I'm not convinced about Freedom not being good at Domination since one of their Tenants is that they get free Foreign Legions. Plus Democracies have arguably been the most successful conquerors. British Empire, France and America as examples

Top Bottom