EVERY ai picks Order?

In my first game I was really good friends with Brazil and Venice, so after I picked Freedom they followed suit... Of course, I was also good friends with Morocco and they picked Order. Commie jerks. :(

In my game I was the first to choose Order. Huns took Autocracy. Byzanthium and India took Freedom. Then the Mongols joined me and took Order. So fairly even.

Everything is as it should be.

Even with AIs having the options on other Ideologies, they don't always work out. There's also no good reason to 'force' AIs to spread out the choices every game, as that would ruin them every game.

So, when there's multi-layered choices to be made, you can find that 'all' AIs go the same Ideology. It happens, but not always.

Also keep in mind that each Ideology leads to 3 VCs. So you'll see warmongers, techers and culture AIs jump into Order if it's good for them to do it. It's no longer 'clear cut' that the Autocrat is going domination, etc.

Not in my game. At first, it was evenly balanced across the 3 ideologies. But when the civs with Freedom became stronger (culturally), most of the later civs that caught up adopted Freedom.

I found it odd in my game. US picks Freedom, Celts for Order, and Huns for Autocracy. Nothing wrong with that. I picked Freedom, to match with my ally. Not long after, I have more than twice the 2nd place Celt's tourism, yet the other five civs pick Order. This includes Mongolia and Morocco, who both despise the Celts. It all seems a bit odd.

I'd say they choose it dependending on the tenets they want or something...

My game was fairly varied. Poland, Portugal and Assyria were Order. Venice, Brazil, Morocco and I were Freedom. And Indonesia was autocracy (and everybody hated them).

There are no fixed preferences - they try to work out which gives them the biggest benefit, and is suitable for the victory they are aiming for.

according to which evidence?
As far I as can see AI sp picks are totaly situation independent just their flavour is coded. Ai got no clue what to pick in which situation

I m like 100% sure that if u d for example force a setting where every civ can settle only 1 city some ai s d still pick cr.

Same with faith picks are kind of totaly random aswell (some might pick their pantheon according to land - but if there is no clear best pick they pick like 30% city shoot)

Hang on?
We still haven't see those hats being eaten!

ahh thanks for the herculean effort menzies, gave me a good laugh. glad to know I left an impression on someone. after that first post, I was visiting the forums only to troll for my own humor.

would you believe Venice was my only friend in my first game? backstabbed me quickly though.

and on the topic, the hordes of commies motivated me to ignore the culture victory I was about to get and set of a domination spree, razing every city and taking every capital.

Order has been most common for me but all three seem to be picked on a regular basis. In my current Emperor game Hiawatha had Patronage and FP but still went Order, Pachacuti sat peacefully at three cities and went for Autocracy, and Wu went Freedom.

As far I as can see AI sp picks are totaly situation independent just their flavour is coded. Ai got no clue what to pick in which situation

this has been my impression as well. They seem pre-destined to choose an ideology based on historical factors rather than make the correct choice in-game. I could be wrong, I'm only on my 4th game, but that's how it seems.

My games so far are split. I choose freedom, so did Russia and Portugal. Brazil, Shaka and Monty were Order and Darius who hated me as a warmonger choose Autocracy :facepalm.

Then my tourism flipped him to freedom.

EDIT: What concerns me isnt what they choose but there is no sense behind that choice. Why would Brazil with three cities choose Order? Why would Russia who was going on an ICS spree would choose freedom?

The benefits to picking the same ideology as another player, or a different one from another player you want to mess with, are sometimes going to be better than the tenets. If you have an influential rival who goes Order and you're Freedom, having the other civs fall in line behind him makes sense.

My current game has me and Ethiopia with Freedom and Korea and Sweden with Order.

Top Bottom