Any Civs missing from Civ V + expansions?

Hittites, Holy Roman Empire, Mali, Sioux, Sumer, Khmer off the top of my head.

Depending on how you define represented:
Hittites, Mali, Sioux, Sumer, Khmer, Holy Rome, Native American, Viking.

The last three are only nominally unrepresented.

Depending on how you define represented:
Hittites, Mali, Sioux, Sumer, Khmer, Holy Rome, Native American, Viking.

The last three are only nominally unrepresented.

Yeah it's interesting that they changed Viking to Denmark. Anyone know why that is? Is the Norwegian Ski Infantry the reason?

Yeah it's interesting that they changed Viking to Denmark. Anyone know why that is? Is the Norwegian Ski Infantry the reason?

Technically/traditionally, Viking refers to Norsemen who went overseas, and as such isn't a great term to represent a civilization. I assume they switched so as to have a more precise and/or appropriate term.

Also as you said, that does open up a broader historical range they can draw from.

Nepal, Olmec, South Africa, Sudan, Pueblo, Vietnam, Khmer. 7 making an even 50. Ocd complete.

Holy Roman Empire, Kongo, Mali, Khmer, Gran Colombia, Timurids and Mughal. Israel and Tibet are too problematic, and they don't will put again generic civs like Vikings and Native American (the closest they did was Polynesia). That if they make new expansions / DLCs...

Edit.: Viking civ is like (almost exactly) a Pirate civ. Too much generic and don't represents a nation.

Technically/traditionally, Viking refers to Norsemen who went overseas, and as such isn't a great term to represent a civilization. I assume they switched so as to have a more precise and/or appropriate term.

Also as you said, that does open up a broader historical range they can draw from.

One guy on the forum compared it to having The Cowboys as a playable Civ with Jesse James as leader, which is a pretty fair comparison.

I'm glad the Vikings are no more, especially ones with horned helmets.

One guy on the forum compared it to having The Cowboys as a playable Civ with Jesse James as leader, which is a pretty fair comparison.

I'm glad the Vikings are no more, especially ones with horned helmets.

I concur. I always hates having those ice bandits around. I would love any of the scandanavian countries, but hate the barbarian vikings.

Kind of on this topic, anyone know of any civilization packs worth downloading ? I know we can pick and choose, but then you never know if what you're getting is any good, etc. Would be nice if someone made like a 'best of' pack or something - perhaps BNW equivalents of the previous Civ games' civilizations that aren't in this one?

The Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations pack is pretty good. Look it up in the Steam Workshop.

I don't think they've made a BNW-compatible version, though.

Top Bottom