How Do You Make Your Citizens "Not Contented"?

Convict

Warlord
Bottom line is I was forced to change idealogies as a city would go into revolt.

Some turns later I think I am in a position to go back to what I wanted (Freedom). However I can't do this while the citizens are content (as opposed to unhappy).

Any idea how to achieve this.

As a bonus question, if I do manage to get back, do I et my original social beliefs back?

If I recall correctly, simply selling off happiness buildings won't work, will it, because the unhappiness has to come from "public opinion?"

Additionally IIRC you can only change ideologies to your people's "preferred ideology."

If these are both true than the only way you could achieve what you want would be to make your people desire Freedom, which could be difficult or impossible if there are no Freedom civs.

If you want to switch back you need only have 'dissidents', but your preferred ideology must be Freedom. Having Freedom as world Ideology will help in that regard but don't expect the other non-Freedom civs to like you.

The reason things were so bad making you switch was because you neglected culture(don't confuse with tourism). Winning an early world's Fair usually assures you won't be subject to much ideological pressure later on.

Briefly:

1. Increase your culture and tourism (ally Culture CS, win WF etc.)
2. Buy open borders but do not sell them
3. Send a caravan and a diplomat to culture leaders

Also try to block enemy GM in your territory :)

Top Bottom