Puppet Capitol

weakciv

Prince
I am asking this question because, well, I don't want to test it out myself. Sorry :cringe:

I was playing a domination victory with Korea. As I was ripping apart Persian lands I realized that after I took Darius' capitol he only had puppet cities (from iroquois) left. Now because he is an AI it didn't really matter. But I was thinking, what if that happened to a human player?

right he got a new capitol (awksame?) but he is AI so he could "control" it. I was wondering, because we human players can not control puppets until we annex them (thus they are not puppets any more), what would happen if a human player lost his capitol (last "full control" city) but had puppets.

You lose your capitol and a screen pops up saying... "YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED" and offers to send you to the main menu.

Yikes! not even a chance to continue to control your army and try to take your capitol back? Maybe even force an annex of a puppet would be nice. wow.

Was he not assigned a new capital? I would think that the largest of the puppet cities would be annexed and promoted to capital.

They don't even annex when they have only a single city left.

I'd annex a couple of ones with big productions if I was reduced to puppet states in a multiplayer game, and hope that you don't come to finish me off!

AI with big puppet empires should annex the high prod cities. Gold focus is not great for a lot of things. It was done that way because at one point in time, puppet empires go bankrupt

Edit: This is the first time ive heard we can't relocate our capitals if we lose it. So for human players, even w/ dom victory turned off, losing the capital = loss?

AI with big puppet empires should annex the high prod cities. Gold focus is not great for a lot of things. It was done that way because at one point in time, puppet empires go bankrupt

Edit: This is the first time ive heard we can't relocate our capitals if we lose it. So for human players, even w/ dom victory turned off, losing the capital = loss?

that was one of my concerns.

You lose your capitol and a screen pops up saying... "YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED" and offers to send you to the main menu.
You are mistaken I guess. You loose if you don't have any cities or the opponent AI wins the game. If your capital was the last one to be captured, then you'll loose (domination). Otherwise the game will continue.

INCORRECT

If you lose your original capital, and

1. you have no other cities (puppets or otherwise) you lose

2. only one other player has their Original capital, they get a Domination win..and you lose

3. you have some other cities, and 2 or more other players have their Original capital, you get a new non-original Capital...randomly assigned to one of your cities.

Now if you only have Puppets cities left, ANNEX one of your cities.

INCORRECT

If you lose your original capital, and

1. you have no other cities (puppets or otherwise) you lose

2. only one other player has their Original capital, they get a Domination win..and you lose

3. you have some other cities, and 2 or more other players have their Original capital, you get a new non-original Capital...randomly assigned to one of your cities.

Now if you only have Puppets cities left, ANNEX one of your cities.
Thanks for elaborating my post. :goodjob:

It's interesting for me to find that I also have puppet capital even though I have another original city. I think the second biggest city automatically becomes new capital regardless it's a puppet or not. But I wonder if this was really intended, or bug. If I still have another original city, shouldn't it be a new capital, even if it is smaller than other puppets?

My capital Ulundi was captured. And Addis Ababa, a puppet, was assigned to new capital. But my own city Umgungundlovu is still alive....

EDIT : I'm not sure if I should make this a new thread in bug report. Any opinion will be appreciated.

I think it's normal. In my experience as a player you can still get one of your puppets as the new capital, there's absolutely nothing that prevents that.

The natural step you want to take after that is to annex that city, you have the option to do so anytime so it's not a biggie.

Top Bottom