Not improving jungle/luxury tiles

rysiox

Chieftain
Hi guys

Do you ever do/or consider not improving spices/citrus etc on jungle tiles? When happines or lack of gold is not an issue isn't a tile giving 2food 2gold 2science with university + possible patheon giving 1culture better than just a regular plantation?

I usually don't improve bananas, but luxuries yes, because they can be selled for AI

Hi guys

Do you ever do/or consider not improving spices/citrus etc on jungle tiles? When happines or lack of gold is not an issue isn't a tile giving 2food 2gold 2science with university + possible patheon giving 1culture better than just a regular plantation?

There is no such thing as "lack of gold" :)

As vibe96 mentions above, you can sell your luxury to the AI. Best case scenario, that will net you 8 gpt, (7 for the trade and one for the plantation itself). With Patronage, 8gpt is roughly what you need to keep influence with a city state, and you will get a lot more out of a city state than 2 science.

And jungle will be changed into a plains when you create a plantation, so you get a hammer instead of a food, and with jungle starts you typically have lots of food but few hammers.

I usually don't improve bananas, but luxuries yes, because they can be selled for AI

Yes, agreed.

I'll occasionally improve bananas if I have a grainary and am in real need of food and there's loads of jungle around for when I get universities anyhow.

Yes, agreed.

I'll occasionally improve bananas if I have a grainary and am in real need of food and there's loads of jungle around for when I get universities anyhow.

A Granary adds a food to a tile with Banana (or Wheat or Deer) whether it has an improvement or not.

Top Bottom