[BtS] - Updates and progress

The damn espionage missions is at the end of the xml log still.

Any ideas?

Setting Espionage mission techs to Future Tech didn't help. I wish I knew where else they were defined/called.

I'm about 100% sure it isn't the tech tree. I just ran the mod with the Vanilla tree and accepted the 10-20 XML errors. The CTD happened in the same spot after starting a custom game.

Last update before I get my arse kick by my better half...

It is definitely the Units folder.

What I just did was create a Test mod with just the SotM UnitInfos and UnitClass XML files in it. The rest was normal BtS. As expected I received tons of XMl errors, but it loaded. When I started a custom game it CTD'd.

I did the same thing with Buildings. Only the SotM BuildingInfos and BuildingClass XML files. Again, tons of XML errors, but it loaded. It also let me play a game!

Does this mean we have to manually enter in all UnitInfos? Most likely. Between the editor, c/p, and manually changing some lines they must be buggered.

If no one has the time to look into this I'll try Sunday.

Something easy to do would be taking just the Settler or Worker from the BtS XML file and converting it to SotM. It should load.

The Alphabet reference comes from the Spy unit which is it's prereq.

I inserted that Unit to see what happens....

edit - crash. The damned Espionage!

You indeed didn't. And you also managed not to rename the moonsong as I told earlier this week. ;)
I tried loading my audio test mod with only your techinfo xml in it and that does work fine, Woodelf. I of course have to go through tons of xml popups before loading (missing techs for stuff) and during loading (missing events triggers) a game.
So that's an affirmative that the moon techtree doesn't cause the crash.

Again, what's the use of painstakingly c/p all the old moonstuff? Half of it for the buildings and units will be trashed/changed anyway.

They'll have to be redone, didn't you crosscheck with my write-up to see the numerous differences on buildings alone? :p

But how do I ensure the game won't be looking for BtS techs, unit/buildingclasses and info's?

They'll have to be redone, didn't you crosscheck with my write-up to see the numerous differences on buildings alone? :p

But how do I ensure the game won't be looking for BtS techs, unit/buildingclasses and info's?

If you keep everything SotM except Building and Unit Infos and Classes you should be able to simply add one at a time. I set most everything to Future Tech and removed most buildings and units from civs and other files.

The Alphabet reference comes from the Spy unit which is it's prereq.

I inserted that Unit to see what happens....

edit - crash. The damned Espionage!

I should have told you this earlier but it is not crashing because of Espionage, and the game runs just fine without a spy unit. Check the XML log for a none moded game and it looks the same.

Last update before I get my arse kick by my better half...

It is definitely the Units folder.

What I just did was create a Test mod with just the SotM UnitInfos and UnitClass XML files in it. The rest was normal BtS. As expected I received tons of XMl errors, but it loaded. When I started a custom game it CTD'd.

I did the same thing with Buildings. Only the SotM BuildingInfos and BuildingClass XML files. Again, tons of XML errors, but it loaded. It also let me play a game!

Does this mean we have to manually enter in all UnitInfos? Most likely. Between the editor, c/p, and manually changing some lines they must be buggered.

If no one has the time to look into this I'll try Sunday.

Something easy to do would be taking just the Settler or Worker from the BtS XML file and converting it to SotM. It should load.

We are missing data for several new BtS tags that could be causing the bug.

I checked the editor to see if it was importing and exporting properly but it seemed to work fine. (I imported and exported the BtS units xml and the game ran fine) Thus I think it is pretty safe to use the editor to manually enter in all UnitInfos. (hopefully it will speed things up a bit)

You indeed didn't. And you also managed not to rename the moonsong as I told earlier this week. ;)
I tried loading my audio test mod with only your techinfo xml in it and that does work fine, Woodelf. I of course have to go through tons of xml popups before loading (missing techs for stuff) and during loading (missing events triggers) a game.
So that's an affirmative that the moon techtree doesn't cause the crash.

Since I tend to need to delete PMs a lot can you simply tell me in idiot-proof verbage what I need to do for the audio Geo? :)

I'm no longer positive it has anything to do with the units. It simply won't start a game no matter what map type is selected. I'm frustrated to say the least.

Since I tend to need to delete PMs a lot can you simply tell me in idiot-proof verbage what I need to do for the audio Geo? :)

In the SotM/Assets/Sounds/Soundtrack folder, rename the "Moonsong 1" through "Moonsong 8" mp3's to "Moonsong_1" and so on until you're on "Moonsong_8".

I redid the labels for testing, and left it that way since this stack worked first.

For the worldscreen music, copy the "OpeningMenu" and "OpeningSlideshow" mp3's in the SotM/Assets/Sounds/Soundtrack folder.

If you still have the audio xml I sent you, this needs to be put in SotM/Assets/XML/Audio folder. Should be 2 xml files: "Audio2DScripts" and "AudioDefines".

Thanks.

I've come to the conclusion that we have to start from scratch. Converting simply isn't going to work even with the editor.

Top Bottom