Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

Disregard all my previous comments in this thread. It turns out I forgot to download patch B :mischief: I feel kinda dumb right now...

Lair spawn code seems to be wierd as-is... or I just have really strange luck. I haven't seen nearly as many lair-spawned units as normal, I found an undefended lizardman lair on turn 166, and I can see a goblin fort that hasn't spawned any goblins in 30 turns. No to mention a bear den that hasn't spawned any bears in nearly a hundred turns.

Playing as hyborem, I never had any demons allied with me in the begining, however, brights (orc savages) were allied to me. Think ya put in the wrong number there :D

Yep, bug. Kinda tempted, though. :) And I've got a least a partial fix for the Mend nature war thing - and a bunch of other war-causing Scion spells. The warnings are still not working properly but I think I've got the actual wars starting/not-starting properly. (Your second post did help me locate the problem, btw.)
Glad I could be of help

Hopefully this will throw some light on the peace-with-demons issue that a bunch of people seem to be having, rather than confuse the issue more: Playing in a game where Hyborem is present but not played or summoned by me (he was summoned by the Clan of Embers), he is definitely at peace with Agares (either that or he is capable of spawning hidden-nationality Manticores, because one with a black flag on it just jumped out of an Infernal city at me.) He is definitely not at peace with the orc savages, as his first city was conquered from them.
EDIT: this was a still-unpatched game, in case that makes a difference too.

Lair spawn code seems to be wierd as-is... or I just have really strange luck. I haven't seen nearly as many lair-spawned units as normal, I found an undefended lizardman lair on turn 166, and I can see a goblin fort that hasn't spawned any goblins in 30 turns. No to mention a bear den that hasn't spawned any bears in nearly a hundred turns.

Were those lairs inside owned territory? Both have been set to be incapable of spawning new units unless in unowned territory, or allied territory. Lairs also stop spawning if there are "too many" of the associated Civilization units in the area. This is one of the things I am going to re-write when I remove the defending code and instead I set limits on how many units each lair can spawn, and strap "leashes" on those spawned units to prevent them from wandering more than a certain distance from their home.

Playing as hyborem, I never had any demons allied with me in the begining, however, brights (orc savages) were allied to me. Think ya put in the wrong number there :D

I am starting to wonder: Are you people having issues with Hyborem not being at peace with the Demons using CivSelector to enable him from the start of the game? Because his peace with the demons is a part of his spawning code when someone researches Infernal Pact to bring him into the world. If you "cheat" to enable him at turn 1, then you have no peace agreement, and your lands pop demons out left and right to remind you of the fact.

I ask this because I just realized that I never remembered to remove his Barbarian Trait, which he is no longer intended to have, and which makes no difference for him when he is spawned properly. But you WOULD see that trait matter if he was spawned as a normal Civilization at turn 1.

I'll check on the Barbarians, but I am quite certain that they spawn after the Barbarians complete their turn, and just before the human starts his. There may be an issue with getting a warning and waking your units if the Barbarian spawns instead of walking in however.

Do perhaps, simultaneous turns effect this >.> it WAS in mp.

Looks like I should have blacklisted them on buildings afterall. I hadn't initially because I thought it was mildly fitting for them to build a couple, but thinking about it again, I see no reason to allow Barbarians to build any buildings at all, instead I should just set them up to ignore building requirements. Not that many of their units HAVE building requirements.

Also wondering if it is fitting for them to bother with having workers.

(

Now you're talking! I've been campaigning Kael et al for many moons trying to get him to stop the building in barb cities of things like the Forbidden Palace, and even Wonders. Some building like Granaries, etc. which I have seen them building don't make much sense too, but I'm wondering about buildings that might allow them to build certain units - Training Yards, Archery Ranges, Stables, Hunting Lodges, etc. If no requirement to build the respective units, then I would say block them from building those.

I have to say that the barbs DO use Workers (and plenty of them) strategically. They tend to build roads (although with the new ungodly build times outside friendly territory now that might stop!) allover the map, mostly connecting their cities and allowing barb units, especially Wolf Riders, Chariots, etc. to zip around and get close to your civ. But, I never understood their need to build farms, etc. in their cities.

1. It's been awhile since I played the Elves in FF. I am able to build Mines in Ancient Forests and they remain after the Mine is built. However, when I build a Cottage or Farm (haven't tried anything else), the Ancient Forest is gone. Also, no Hammers for the Ancient Forest.

2. More terraforming strangeness. I have a Flood Plains/Ice with 3 food/1 Comm. When I build a Farm, the tile becomes Ice with 2 food. :confused:

3. Very minor, but I got Simon Gitta, a Great Commander based on GP pts. A few turns later from the Military research I got...Simon Gitta. No big deal as the names don't mean much (I'm waiting to see the Magister Cultuum pic though, :)), but I never saw duplication like this before.

4. I am at Turn 425 of my epic speed game and have only seen barb Goblins and Warriors. Not a single Lizardman or anything else, besides Animals.

5. Saw the message "Bhall has built Heron's Throne." :( Goes back to what was discussed earlier about barb cities building strange things.

not sure if this
0 Build Time Orders (Fishing Boats, Clearing Jungle/Forest) have their workrates fixed
is the same bug as this screenshot, notice the build time on those clams:D: clam.JPG

edit: in this screenshot the icon for taking the healing potion from my hunter is missing: icon.JPG

not sure if this is the same bug as this screenshot, notice the build time on those clams:D: View attachment 201869
I too have this bug still (even with the patch B)

Major Bugs:
-Fishingboats and Tree Chopping (as discussed above)

Minor Bugs:
-Heart Item has a Pink Icon.
-Sopheriel Mehayyne went built has a pink picture over the info that pops up about the char.
-Holy See of INSERT EMPIRE NAME HERE. Is it supposed to be Holy Seer? Check under GodKing.
-Turn speeds are overall slower compared to FF40
-I kicked out of the game (program error) every so often, usually when Im making a game.

Edit: Apparently I have the same Healing item bug as the person above.

I like animals no matter if aquatic or not, but the rates the game produces Sea Serpents and Giant Turoises is ... too much.
Aside the fact that building a boat often is a suicide commando the permanent roaring of the serpents is REALLY annoying.

They reproduce so much, I'm quite sure it is not intended that way.
Can deliver a screenshot tonight if needed.

I'm on patch B.

I'm finding if I save the game, exit Civ, but later wish to reload the game, well, the reload looks fine, but all the mana icons from the top left vanish. I can move around my pieces and whatnot during my turn, but when I end turn, I get a CTD. Anyhow, it feels like "something must be screwing up" upon reload, perhaps something about my game options, can't say. So while on the plus side, I'm not crashing IG yet, when I have to break off play with a save & reload, I'm a bit pooched. Fine for iron man type play, but hey, I have to turn off the computer once in awhile :)

If the save helps, it's attached.

Attachments

• Varn Gosam Turn_0090.CivBeyondSwordSave
    184.6 KB · Views: 53
For Holy See: Google for it!
1. The official seat, center of authority, jurisdiction, or office of a bishop.
2. Obsolete A cathedra.

@ Sarisin: Magister Cultuum has no picture yet (at least in the unpatched version) but his text is hilarious.

Don't know if it is intended or not, but units don't seem to get the 1 Xp they should get when they explore dungeons.

When Alcinius appears, then upon death, there are multi pop-ups (2 each times), even when he's coming back to scions (1 far away + one for the civ).

Also, after coming back to scions, and staying in capital, he doesn't go barbarian again (200 turns)

Ok tried what Vehem suggested for those of you who are also missing the interface when the game loads. See the screenie. That's the message I got :p. Up to you guys now...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 129
Top Bottom