Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Caesar of Rome

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 11 10.5%

• Total voters

Krajzen

Deity
:0 Which leaders of those mentioned in the poll are, in your sincere opinion, the most capable/dangerous/"annoying because they create difficulties" (as opposed to "annoying idiots") and so on? ;)

My voice certainly goes on Casimir, Seilasje and Bismarck - these guys never fail in my games.

Voted Casmir. I don't think I have ever seen a game where he has done poorly. He seems to lean towards domination as well, so he stomps the other AI's.

Alex. Having him as a neighbor nearly guarantees an early DoW, and late game he will try to take all the city-states.

I voted Alex, but I think Attila also deserves a little bit of mention. Not as a threat to win, he won't do that, but as a threat to eliminate you early if you don't pay attention to him. After an immortal victory, I went back to prince to just see how much I could dominate as the Mayans. I was overconfident and Attila killed me before I got a national college. It was kind of embarrassing.

The early warmongers won't beat you and the other AIs in a long game, but they are dangerous.

Shaka, Catherine, and Alex are all dangerous...Shaka'll kill you with Impis; Catherine will spam cities, get way ahead of you in tech, and then kill you; and Alex is just a jerk.

Bismarck and Darius are probably the two I'd pick (although having said that I was just doing very well in a Poland game, preparing with my land forces for the not-very-sneak attack Ashurbanipal was building up to ... only for Catherine to declare war and send a large navy from out of nowhere that took Warsaw).

I have pretty much never had a problem with Alexander, despite his common appearance in polls like this - he's often a big militant civ like Germany, but doesn't seem to have any other tricks and despite his UA and reputation I can't recall seeing him try for diplo victory.

I voted Alex, but I think Attila also deserves a little bit of mention. Not as a threat to win, he won't do that, but as a threat to eliminate you early if you don't pay attention to him.

Was this pre-BNW? I've seen Attila a few times now in BNW and to my astonishment (on Immortal) he's almost always doing very well. His secret? He never attacks anybody in the early game, just settles down and builds up - in pre-BNW days he was always a nonentity because he'd overcommit to wars his AI was incapable of winning.

I did lose to him once through warfare in the early game (as Rome, appropriately enough), but I think that too was just pre-BNW.

Shaka. If he starts on your continent, board up the windows. He is also a self-proclaimed city state gobbler, like the Khan. I was about an era ahead of him in tech but he was able to overwhelm me with numbers (historically accurate?). I beat him back but things were very edgy after the cease fire. So word of advice, check the military strength demographic often. If someone you haven't met is No.1 with around 30,000-40,000 soldiers in the classical era, it is a tell tale sign that Shaka exists somewhere.

Julius Caesar has always been the most dangerous to me. He's aggressive and difficult to predict. Shaka for example can be dangerous, but he's also often bribeable. Julius sets his sites on you and he's hard to deter.

Ghandi isn't on the list, but IMO deserves to be. Ghandi with nukes and an opposing ideology is really frightening. He's unlikely to capture you, but he's likely to put a serious hurt on your game if you give him a chance.

Honorable mention to Washington. Everyone complains about the American UA (wrongly, IMO). But if AI Washington gets to Flight before you have a counter to it, the +1 visibility he gets makes fighting him really annoying, because he can bomb you before you even see his units sometimes.

I dunno about dangerous but Ramesses is definitely the most annoying. He always seems to be there, on another continent, just spamming every wonder imaginable, and for some reason none of the other AIs attack him. Want to try a totally peaceful game? Nope. Now you've got to go over there and siege a size 30 inland Thebes rocking every defensive wonder because he's snowballed like crazy.

FOr me, Darius is. Why? He always invade me whenever we are both in game. Doesnt matter if we are half a world away, he would just declare war on me and then....i see no sign of his troops.

Shaka for sure. The ridiculous ikhanda promos make even a couple warriors a serious threat to a capital on hill behind a river. Hiawatha may have a huge army, but it is of the same quality as my own. Whereas a normal spearman might take 2 or 3 hits from comp bow to kill, an ikhanda buffed spearman take 4 or 5. That means I can only reasonably kill one unit per turn, and if the unit should survive, he instaheals all my progress away.

I never thought the AI Casimir was all that good, just upper middle of the pack. He's never been my main contender until after I've eliminated the real contenders. Does he just get powerful in the late game or something? I usually go dom so the second half of the game I'm starting to snowball and some of the late bloomer's rarely "bloom" in my games.

I voted Alex, he's a guaranteed runaway if he's on the other continent and I hate it when Greek caravels show up on my borders. I don't know why the AI handles Greece so much better than other civs but it's impressive. Honorable mentions for Bismarck, Haille, and Sejong though, they can be PITAs. I would've voted Catherine in Vanilla but since iron units became less important she's just not what she used to be. Those Russian sword rushes used to be scarey.

I want to say Gandhi the king of lies.
Gandhi the sociopath.
Gandhi destroyer of worlds.
Gandhi the indian terimator.
Gandhi the fallout king.
Gandhi, avatar of death.

Basically the guy everyone loves who destroy everyone a d everything around him.

Bismarck and Darius are probably the two I'd pick (although having said that I was just doing very well in a Poland game, preparing with my land forces for the not-very-sneak attack Ashurbanipal was building up to ... only for Catherine to declare war and send a large navy from out of nowhere that took Warsaw).

I have pretty much never had a problem with Alexander, despite his common appearance in polls like this - he's often a big militant civ like Germany, but doesn't seem to have any other tricks and despite his UA and reputation I can't recall seeing him try for diplo victory.

Was this pre-BNW? I've seen Attila a few times now in BNW and to my astonishment (on Immortal) he's almost always doing very well. His secret? He never attacks anybody in the early game, just settles down and builds up - in pre-BNW days he was always a nonentity because he'd overcommit to wars his AI was incapable of winning.

I did lose to him once through warfare in the early game (as Rome, appropriately enough), but I think that too was just pre-BNW.

These leaders are all so dangerous that I had no idea who to choose.

cpm4001 said:
Shaka, Catherine, and Alex are all dangerous...Shaka'll kill you with Impis; Catherine will spam cities, get way ahead of you in tech, and then kill you; and Alex is just a jerk.
These leaders are also dangerous in victory and in dominance. In addition to these leaders, Oda has also been dominant.

They are all dangerous in their periods of time. However when they are not in their OP era they are ok to beat.

I have voted for Alex, due to his damaging city state alliances. Also he is usually hostile with me before very long in each game I meet him. Plus, he insults me right, left and centre. I don't know if he is the most dangerous, but he is certainly the most annoying to me. Every time I meet him I want to annihilate him.

Top Bottom