Alexander

tnx keroro here is the problem , i attached

Attachments

• scprob.JPG
    scprob.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 282
OK, thanks, but that's not what I need to see. You know how to do a screen grab now though! :)

Right, full instructions: Open Windows Explorer, navigate to the civ 3 folder (wherever you installed it to), then go into Conquests/Conquests/AC v 1 50/Art/Advisors, then take a screenshot so I can see how the folders are stacked up.

In the folder I've listed above you should find a file called TR_all.pcx. If there isn't then we have trouble.

ok i did the screenshot, there is no Advisors for me there

Attachments

• screeni2.JPG
    screeni2.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 291
How many zip files have you extracted to that folder? There should have been two, one with the main install and one with the flic files - it looks like you've only extracted the one file with the flics in.

Check the first post for the links needed. Let me know if it fixes the problems.

Hi Mythusmage. ^ What he said. :)

The Capitol is the first building in the mod, the first one that gets searched for. This error indicates that either the mod is in the wrong folder or your scenario search paths are incorrect.

Hi Mythusmage. ^ What he said. :)

The Capitol is the first building in the mod, the first one that gets searched for. This error indicates that either the mod is in the wrong folder or your scenario search paths are incorrect.

Hi Keroro,

Or, my hard drive needed de-fragging and maintenance. :)

Did both, re-installed Alex in Documents/Civil III Complete/Scenarios and it loaded just fine Up until ...

I don't think it's supposed to do that. Not start off with "Art/Unit..." that is. For I went so far as to move a copy of the Otomo Spearman folder in the Play the World Game Data/Extras/Medieval Japan etc. etc. etc. directory to the Alex folder, and whether latter folder is in Docs or Apps, it makes no dang difference.

And while I was typing the above I decided to see about repairing permissions on my hard drive; nothing about any problems with Alex. So I'm thinking the Alex biq is just looking in the wrong place for an Otomo Spearman file. Where the biq starts looking for a file in Windows apparently makes no never mind, but a Mac is a bit Aspers about it. Yep, more work to be done.

Attachments

• Lost Otomo.jpg
    Lost Otomo.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 587
Where the biq starts looking for a file in Windows apparently makes no never mind, but a Mac is a bit Aspers about it. Yep, more work to be done.
I play Alexander just fine on my Mac. Have you checked the solutions threads in the Mac forum? If so remind me Tuesday & I'll track down my solution for you.

I play Alexander just fine on my Mac. Have you checked the solutions threads in the Mac forum? If so remind me Tuesday & I'll track down my solution for you.

That you can pleases me, for everybody lauds Alex to distraction. However, I seem to be having trouble, no matter how often I download a new copy. I'll check the solution thread in the Mac forum and see if any Alex comments apply to my case.

(Should anybody wonder at my new found equanimity, I've just started a course of Prozac (20mg) and Abilify (2mg). Learning I have an ASD has helped a lot.

One day I shall figure out how to play Alex on The Beast, and it will be thanks to people like Blue Monkey and others. Thank you all.

The Otomo Spearman issue has to be something to do with the PTW files. I don't know where they are installed on the Mac version.
Mac compatibility is something I can't help you with. :( There is a Mac sub-forum that you can post in that might be able to help.
One day I shall figure out how to play Alex on The Beast, and it will be thanks to people like Blue Monkey and others. Thank you all.
If you do get it to work, it probably won't be thanks to me - without a Mac on hand to test on it's just not possible to help much! Thanks go as always to Blue Monkey for trying to help out.

Glad you've found some equanimity now anyway, long may it continue. :)

Here's my setup to play Alexander's Conquests.

1. I do not, repeat not, have all my C3 stuff in the users/ .../ documents path. The game still puts the saves there, but oh well.
2. Everything else is stored on my external data drive - at the top level: Civ III/... etc.
3. The Otomo files are in their original path: Civ III/Civ3PTW/extras/Medieval Japan/...
4. A duplicate set is in the path Civ III/Conquests Game Data/civ3PTW/extras/Medieval Japan/... This set only contains .../Civ3PTW/Art/... and ../Civ3PTW/extras/...
5. The Alexander scenario is in the path Civ III/Conquests Game Data/Conquests/ biq +folder.

Having a copy of the Civ3PTW folder & the slimmed down contents in this location seems to avoid the majority of crashes with the various scenarios/mods. At a cost of about 460 mb of hd memory, of course.

1. I do not, repeat not, have all my C3 stuff in the users/ .../ documents path. The game still puts the saves there, but oh well.
2. Everything else is stored on my external data drive - at the top level: Civ III/... etc.
3. The Otomo files are in their original path: Civ III/Civ3PTW/extras/Medieval Japan/...
4. A duplicate set is in the path Civ III/Conquests Game Data/civ3PTW/extras/Medieval Japan/... This set only contains .../Civ3PTW/Art/... and ../Civ3PTW/extras/...
5. The Alexander scenario is in the path Civ III/Conquests Game Data/Conquests/ biq +folder.

Having a copy of the Civ3PTW folder & the slimmed down contents in this location seems to avoid the majority of crashes with the various scenarios/mods. At a cost of about 460 mb of hd memory, of course.

1. Neither do I. I only have the scenario biqs and their associated files under Documents.
2. Everything else is on the internal drive, under Civilization III.
3. Same here.
4. No such file path in my Civ3 installation. Nor on the DVD.
5. I have moved Alex to Conquests Game Data/Conquests/ and got the same error as before.

I have also tried defragging my hard drive and performing maintenance, with no results whereto Alexander's Conquests. I suspect file corruption where the scenario is concerned, and this after twice downloading it. I'll try downloading a third time to see what happens.

BTW, I started playing the music again, after keeping it turned off, and I noticed something about the "scenario loading" music. As the scenario loads the music starts to buzz, as if it were poorly recorded in the first place. Is this how the music sounds to you. It's especially noticable when the piano starts.

Third Try, Final Try

Platform: G4 iMac

Processor Speed: 800 megahertz

RAM: 1 gig

Scenario Location: Applications/Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Conquests/

Problem; Still can't find Art/Units/Otomo Spearman/OtomoSpearRun.amb, which I have a copy for
at Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Conquests/AC V 1.50/Art/Units/Otomo Spearman

Conclusion: There is something wrong with the biq. I got Alex 1 to work, I can't get Alex 1.5 to work. No matter what I do Alex 1.5 won't load, and it won't load because it can't find a certain file. Is there any way to get a copy of Alexander's Conquest 1.0?

One more small request. Could you combine the files, the biq, and the flics into one download? Put everything into the folder, including the updates, and call it Alexander's Conquests 1.6.

...4. No such file path in my Civ3 installation. Nor on the DVD.
emphasis added:

...4. A duplicate set is in the path Civ III/Conquests Game Data/civ3PTW/extras/Medieval Japan/... This set only contains .../Civ3PTW/Art/... and ../Civ3PTW/extras/...
I guess I assumed you would know that I duplicated the subfolders/files & placed them there. Sorry about that.

To clarify, unlike you my installation has no file path that begins, Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Civ3PTW/Extras or Civ III Complete Game Data/Civ3PTW/Art. Instead I have Civ III complete/Play the World Game Data/Extras, Civ III Complete/Play the World Game Data/Art, Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Extras, and Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Art. So placing files inside Conquests Game Data/Civ3PTW/Art is not possible.

Don't Macs have a create folder function?

Top Bottom