Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's have a quick break. Here are some maps from Strangemaps...

US states coloured in corresponding flags of countries with similar population:

Portuguese propaganda from before WWII. The title reads: "Portugal is not a small country"...

Africa in perspective...

The USA adds six stars to its flag (seven if you count Ireland)

Madha, Oman and Nahwa, U.A.E.

Texan imperialism

Why you picking on Poles for being nationalistic because people we have no association with to the far south of us hate each other and are uber-nationalistic? Generalization more than anything. Only time i see poles being somewhat nationalistic is when they go under the attack of some ignorant westerner.

I'm glad we've established that Poland isn't part of the western world.

A Central Powers victory in World War I would've had a drastic effect on colonial borders (though entirely on how crushing the British and French defeat would be), and depending on the exact year of victory central Poland and Liethuania at least could've been incorporated into the German Empire. (The Germans had their fair share of designs for both, how feasible they in this alternate world would be depends entirely on post-war German strenght.)

How did everything go with the Russian Civil War in that map? Finland would not have such borders if everything threre went historically, and I just can't see the Whites handing anything over willingly.

I assume there was no pro-Serbian coup in Montenegro then despite the collapse of Austria-Hungary? (Bulgaria would've mostly likely prevented it, or tried, from happening.)

EDIT: And why is Croatia and such not part of Hungary? Surely they could've taken said areas by force with German assistance, but that, again, depends on when the Central Powers win. (a 1918 victory would've left the Germans severely depleted and fragile, an earlier victory would be all the better for them.)

I'm glad we've established that Poland isn't part of the western world.

Never said that.

Why would Germany leave the Czechs and Poles independent? Is that the USSR or Russia?

Yah, as buffer states i would imagine. Although i think we'd still get more parts to the east, which would favor Germany. I guess the Polish-Soviet war hasn't happened yet then.

Also shouldn't Hungary have Slovenia and Croatia?

Uh, what? German historiography has gone through s
everal phases, from that Sonderweg horsedroppings to what we have today. I'm unaware of strong ethnic-nationalistic viewpoints being seriously accepted.

In this case, they clearly are.

View attachment 217481

A WW1 CP victory (of sorts) I made. the CP won, but AH still collapsed. Commence your criticisms.

- Sudetenland should be German. Actually, I think Germany wouldn't leave Czechs independant at all.

- Bulgaria would've taken Thessalonike (in Greece) and all greek Macedonia

- Bulgaria would've taken Nish (in Serbia)

- Bulgaria would've taken Dobrudja (in Romania)

- Germany would've taken Slovenia presumably

- I see no reason why Lithuania would take western Courland, like on your map, or why Latvia would have expanded east

- Poland being that small, and Ukraine so grand, I don't think Poland would have been able to keep eastern Galicia

- Germany had definite plans on taking west strip of Congress Kingdom

- I don't see Russia keeping Belarus, it would go to Lithuania or Poland

- Ukraine was granted Chelm region out of Congress Kingdom by the central powers

- Azerbaijan and Armenia would have been turkish, while Kazakhstan and all of russian Turkiestan would have been turkish puppet-states

- Egypt would have been turkish

- I'm not sure if Germany would actually keep Poland at all, because reduced to even less than Congress kingdom, it'd be just source of future trouble.

german-danish border should be pre-ww1 one.

Anyway, here is a map of how I'd make Poland look after ww1, if it was possible

Attachments

• zmiany.GIF
    zmiany.GIF
    34 KB · Views: 260
Jeez, lighten up. and some of my reasoning re German and Turkey is that they had seen how having too many minorities in their borders affected AH, and so decided to keep German German, with other o****ries as satellites. How the hell would Kazahstan have become a Turk puppet?

Yi Sun-sin died in a freak accident and the Imjin War went better for Japan then in OTL. Japan never became isolationist and established an early Japanese Empire in the Far East. This is Asia around the year 1750, before the Seven Years War.

Jeez, lighten up. and some of my reasoning re German and Turkey is that they had seen how having too many minorities in their borders affected AH, and so decided to keep German German, with other o****ries as satellites. How the hell would Kazahstan have become a Turk puppet?

Did you miss post 172?:D

Turkey, after the fall of ideology of ottomanism, were much influenced by pan-turkism (especially Enver, who manipulated the Ottoman Empire in the war to fulfill this goal), and their goal was to unite all the turkic people. Kazakhs are one of them. Armenia was on the way to Azerbaijan, so it had to be conquered, and in fact Turkey have tried that. Even after the defeat of their offensive against Erewan, they've signed a treaty leaving Armenia only the surroundings with the city, and opening the way to Azerbaijan.
It is undoubtful that, in case of a turkish victory, at least Azerbaijan would've been theirs.
Azeris speak almost the same language as Turks. the turkic languages of Central Asia are more different, but still similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom