Wierd Genghis Khan story

_invy_

Warlord
Interesting story here, I played on Immortal as Venice on small continent map and ended up on small landmass with two city states and Genghis :D. First city states was like 7-8 tiles south of his capital and the other one half way between us - 10 tiles perhaps.

He built up massive but weak early army (archers and warriors) and DOWed city state - the one was closer to me. I managed to prolong the war by gifting units to city state and blocking his access to the city as much as I could. Eventually I got to Optics and free MoV and puppeted that city state while he was still trying conquer it.

Somehow in this time he suggested that we become friends.. :crazyeye:

Few turns later he got some Catapults and DOWed the other city state - by this time city state basically bordered with his territory. With same strategy I barely barely managed to save city state (it fell to 0 hp twice) and get second MoV to puppet that city.

This city was placed right in his face so he started to covet my lands and denounce me while we were friends still. Then he insulted me that my army is weak blabla. So I built some more units and teched up to Civil Service / Machinery preparing for imminent attack. My spy told me he's planning sneak attack. He was hostile to me now.

Yet somehow he managed to become friends with Ghandi, who was my friend also. I signed up Defensive Pact with Ghandi and Marocco. Aaaaaand Ghengis never attacked. I even insulted him and demanded things from him to provoke him to attack me. But he comes and says he likes the fact we are friend with same leaders.

Now he has become Guarded to me - so our relations got a lot better, he is technologically backward and he can't even attack me anymore. We have embassies and open borders again. Same friends + modifier seems really strong, I think we will become friends lol :king: It looks like Genghis will never start a war in this game.. maybe ideologies stir up some trouble eventually.

Top Bottom