Kruelgor's Huge Earth

I know I can and I do :p Just the game feels more 'authentic' somehow if I don't... Thats why I always liked the settler maps from Rhye's and fall in civ IV, saved me the time and effort of doing it myself haha. Anyway, apologies if I sounded pushy, just thought it'd improve the feel of your scenario which I like a lot :) Ignore me by all means :p

Just finished playing a great game as Egypt. I LOVE this map of africa. The deserts were my sandbox. Lots of barbs and city states. I terra-formed the desert for survival and had all African city-states as my allies.

Taneda Santôka;9862078 said:
[*]Africa is way too big, it's the biggest landmass with only two civs merely competing, so shrinking that challenging bit of earth is mandatory : my idea would be to make the Mediterranean taller, and the Arabian peninsula wider (westward) to move some of the spare space to other cluttered areas. Sure Africa will look a bit awkward, but it would balance things.

I disagree. I like it just the way it is. Although I would rather see Songhai as a city state and Carthage as a civ.

Taneda Santôka;9862078 said:
[*]China should start with its capital in Shanghai, not Beijing, so that it settles China as it should, instead of going for Korea then Manchuria as it's consistently done in my games - India and Siam getting the Chinese territory.

Why not Xian? China will naturally expand east to the coast...

A few points of my own, based on an Egyptian perspective.

• Aztecs, Incans, and Iroquois should be included as civs in America. The rest should be city states. Is there a max number of city states? Would it be possible to split the Native American city state into many smaller tribes?
  • Greece should start with Athens, a hoplite, and a trireme.
  • Persia should have 2 initial cities.
  • Etruria should be the first city state conquered by Rome.
  • A Budapest/Belgrade city state is a must. Greece must be forced to travel east and found Byzantium.
  • Ottomans should be eliminated. Replaced with Hittites city state further east.
  • Songhai should be replaced by Carthage. Carthage should begin with a horseman and a trireme.
  • Israel should be renamed Jerusalem.

I'm going to try another game, this time as a European civ. You have created a wonderful canvas for us to play on. I look forward to your rome mod.

I think that any historical scenario beginning in 5000 BC should reflect ancient names. Ideally, a mod would change the names of city-states as they enter a proper era. A lot of the ideas that I've seen in this thread make me want to create/help create a "Western World" mod that would reflect ancient tribes rather than modern cities/countries. The Western World would use a map with the arctic northern boundary, atlantic western boundary, saraha southern boundary, russian steppe/hindu kush eastern boundary. Would anyone be interested in working on something like that?

First off I really like your mod! However, there are a few things that could be changed and or improved in my opinion.

Kruelgor, could you add Edinburgh as a faction in the north of Britain. They would be another militaristic city state, since Scotland historically provided a large number of soldiers and officers to the British empire. Scotland played a major role in the history of the british isles. Istanbul should also be surrounded on either end by sea to enable ships to pass through.

As mentioned earlier, songhai could be moved and renamed 'Carthage.' Aztecs and Incas should be playable civs. However, they should still be surrounded by rival city state mini-nations at the start. These states could be 'beefed up' to make expansion harder. Lisbon should be added as a city state, and perhaps aragon in the north east of the Spanish peninsula. Spain should be a playable faction to rival France, Germany and rome on the continent. France could be renamed 'Gaul' to reflect its early relationship with Rome.

Thats my input, thanks :)

oh yes, istanbul could be an independant city state also, since it served as both byzantine (later greek) and Turkish Capitals. Historically the Turks captured Istanbul (constantinople) from the Byzantines.

Having it settled as a greek city at the start could be unbalancing...Alternatively it might be better to give the greeks a free settler at the start or when they enter the clasical age. Then constinople can be settled later by the greeks.

Dear Kruelgor,

This scenario is one the most advanced I've seen and actually its awesome, and when I say its awesome, its awesome.
I just want to clarify the bugs like
* Why is Krakatoa on the coast of China
* Why is Stockholm on the coast of Japan?
* Why is that your awesome?
Other suggestions:
*I suggest you try Rhyes Civ 4 map converted and adjusted
made by Rhye and modified by ecv
*I suggest you keep being awesome because you are
*I suggest you should rank up the resources in europe
That is all, your awesome Kruelgor.

Truly yours,
HisAwesomeness

I realy like this scenario, but I have a suggestion for you, Mr K.

Germanys unique bonus has hardly any effect on this map. On the small and overpopulated european continent there are just no camps to kill. Maybe one could reach some after conquering Poland or Sweden, but by then a 50% chance to get a warrior is insignificant allready. So I'd suggest to change it to something else.

My first idea was something that resembles the idea of Germany having good infrastructure and 'Blitzkrieg' during WW2. So I'd create some effect based on roads. Maybe +1 healing on roads within your own borders or quicker construction for roads. Something like that. It shouldnt be too much of a change as we dont want to unbalance the game, but Germany should have some bonus just like every other nation has one.

No cultural victory...?
Native Americans one state, whole america.

Hi

Would it be possible to make a version with marathon time?

Thx in advance.

Top Bottom