LS Civilization Set

Congrats on the release of set XVI, LS!

As you noticed, link to set XVI.

I have discovered a bug in set VII, so I made changes, but I cannot update it to steam, will try later:
  • Added music to every civ.
  • Make them coded properly for randomized traits.
  • Hittite UA simplified for now:
    Pre-Medieval units receive Combat Strength bonus based on total amount of Iron (up to +25%). Upgraded units move instantly and gain +15 XP.

This move instantly thing turned out to be more challenging to code than set XVI as I had to reload game three times, because after all Whoward's hooks are no better than Firaxis ones. :) And bonus from iron: 1-3 ~ +5%, 4-6 ~ 10%, 7-9 ~ 15%, 10-12 ~20%, 13+ ~25%.
Writing it now, because I am gonna probably be busy later to post it here.

Other than that, I wanted to update set XI yesterday, but I turned powerless against how meh Vikings are, and I stared at BNW tech tree (UUs just don't fit there), struggled to make something different than Denmark/Polynesia/Haida. So, set XI might be updated soon as well, Hungary and Israel are already recoded, gonna try to make a nicer Hungarian diploscene as well.

the leaderscreen.. its soo magnificent.
How'd you make them really? Im always find myself awed at them.
I know that I asked them before (In which you had answered, so just take this question again as a compliment) but I really got this feeling to instantly jumped in and play the whole campaign in one sitting with Saladin.
Spoiler :
Wait a minute
Last Sword
Leader Screen

Like a poetry

I know I am a little late, but here some music:
Israel (more difficult than I thought, I couldn't even choose)
Spoiler :

Native (have the sioux music?)

I'm sorry, but I come back to Tahiti: there UA is not really attractive, unlike all (yeah, really, all) your other UA. I thought they can be more focussed to settle one-tile isles, like also "1 prod on coast tiles adjectant to the city. +1 culture on those tiles after astronomy --> people discover the Tahitian paradise, and later it can be used to make tourism out of it. Note that these bonusses only affect the first city on a continent and adjectant tiles. Water tiles aren't that strong, not?

Sorry for my ungrateful appearence, it is not meant like that. I love your mods because of their uniqueness, and always use them.

Question: how are the Japanese civs going? I didn't expect another wonderful set to come before them.

I'm sorry, but I come back to Tahiti: there UA is not really attractive, unlike all (yeah, really, all) your other UA. I thought they can be more focussed to settle one-tile isles, like also "1 prod on coast tiles adjectant to the city. +1 culture on those tiles after astronomy --> people discover the Tahitian paradise, and later it can be used to make tourism out of it. Note that these bonusses only affect the first city on a continent and adjectant tiles. Water tiles aren't that strong, not?

Sorry for my ungrateful appearence, it is not meant like that. I love your mods because of their uniqueness, and always use them.

Question: how are the Japanese civs going? I didn't expect another wonderful set to come before them.

I get what you are saying, but you are saying it in a very rude way . I agree that their UA appears to be boring (and can get a little bit boring), but it fits very well with the rest of the design and is actually quite powerful.

EDIT: Niao is bad at reading

He's saying every one of LS's UAs are appealing, except Tahiti, not that all are bad - everything about this post suggests, if not states, this. Regardless, there's nothing rude about the way he's explaining how he feels - that's the point of being apologetic about his position, to avert the appearance of being demanding and hence rude.

EDIT: Greninja'd

the leaderscreen.. its soo magnificent.
How'd you make them really? Im always find myself awed at them.
I know that I asked them before (In which you had answered, so just take this question again as a compliment) but I really got this feeling to instantly jumped in and play the whole campaign in one sitting with Saladin.
With love and life I make them.

I am glad I still have interesting figures like Saladin to make. :)

I know I am a little late, but here some music:
Woo, so grateful for Israeli music, time saver. Sioux lacks war music, but I don't except any update soon.

The secret is, they are all boring to me. I was truely excited about two civs, just great. So, I actually thought about Tahiti, why you cannot appreciate the coding masterpiece of it and the problem is you cannot cause you are blind on that. :p
What you propose is a bit too similar to the Minoans. Anyway, I decided to change it in next update (hehe :)), but I would like to know if you have even played Tahiti.
I had at least 2-3 games with Tahiti and none of that was boring, my favourite one was when Sparta took my Capital and I established new Tahiti on the archipelago of south Khmeristan. Though, I understand that Purea can be even better and I was lazy, that's why it will be updated. I think original trait had some extra bonus if city was not yet discovered by rival, but it was too map dependent and counter-intuitive.
I am gonna nerf Trireme in addition, forget about it last time.

Well, there is unwritten etiquette about not asking about next present just after you were gifted one. I am now enjoying the new book and game from series of my childhood. Though author declared to not write any new one twice already, this one is goooood. But game is meh, balance of joy.

I said I might make a Japanese split or new set, later I hinted toward new set, here it is. To be honest, I don't know if I would make them, but I somehow felt obligated after I mentioned it, no regrets anyway.
The point is I might not make Japanese split at all. Nothing sure. I made diplo scenes as a hobby, in case of Polish ones I later used them in the split. Answer is I have only leaderscenes, I can show you one more (I hope I haven't posted it before), and new Stephen:
Spoiler :

Near future, set XI, then I am back to my mini-game. Oh, I had a game with Sigismund (the second leader from polish split I had a pleasure with), the game turned into Assyria vs Saladin fight for dominance, Saladin got some advantage, because of earlier Aircraft, later rebels forced Assyria to join Order and the war ended. Then I got bored of processing turns, because rocketry was too far.

re: a potential Japanese split, what do you think of Homusubi's Rising Sun pack as a potential to work off of?

Man, LastSword your Leaderscenes are amazing! Also congrats on the recent release :)

Well, there is unwritten etiquette about not asking about next present just after you were gifted one
Sorry. I was just that surprised.
but I would like to know if you have even played Tahiti.
Their UA didn't look attractive enough to me compared to your other civs (Flanders takes somehow always my attention). So I have only played against them (TSL earth, and they were terrible and some other occasions) While Tahiti looks most useful when settling on small island chains, you still have very weak production. I imagine them as a civ mainly used to settle one tile isles (like in real life?). The settler and pahi seem really fun and fit to this.

Forgive me for my nagging.

Edit
Sioux war (hopefully useful)

re: a potential Japanese split, what do you think of Homusubi's Rising Sun pack as a potential to work off of?
I am not sure I understand the question.

Tokugawa Ieyasu is the only leader duplicating. I am gonna do only 6 Japans, and I have a bit different approach to "split", for me it is several alternate versions of civilization. I should be able to make city lists on my own, otherwise I might look upon them. Maps are rather unfitting in this case. I don't think there is need to asking for icons, because I can make my own relatively in no time. I like randoming colours phase.
I am gonna probably "take" few uniques from there (duplicating), but I put unique tags everywhere so there will be no incompability in modding sense.
Tomorrow I will look if I have any design saved on my old laptop. I think I had one full civ around Bushido done.

Viking Age, quite a new civ, is coming slowly. Gonna use some old and old, but unused ones ideas. Oh, and Hungarian bonus vs Barbarians from +10% to +15%, gamebreaking buff.

I've got a question about the UB for your Haida civ. How exactly did you envision the totem pole being utilized? I ask because I've been completely stumped about how to best utilize it. Selling off buildings is always a last resort when a lack of money is about to completely cripple my civ, and in a couple thousand hours of playing the game I think I've done it a grand total of two or three times. The benefits of the buildings far outweigh any small one-time boosts you get from selling them, so selling them is a terrible idea except as a last resort. So I was wondering if you had a particular strategy in mind for the Haida that made regularly selling buildings a viable strategy, and thus made the Totem Pole useful.

Will there be changes Oda, or will he remain the same?
The changes would be rather certain.

The power is somehow equal to the Culture process + Wealth process in one. It is an option to turn Production into Culture. I make AI not respect Police Station and Constanbulary, but Shrine and sometimes naval building are viable options too.

Finished updating set XI. Vikings:
Trait - Viking Age - Ignores Building Defense of Coastal cities. Effect halved after Medieval Era.
Unit - Berserker - Pikeman replacement, +1 Movement, no bonus vs mounted units, can use Fury (loses 10 HP, gains Combat Strength based on HP missing and starts attacking until there is no valid target or death. Cannot attack cities in this state).
Building - Longship Dockyard - Lighthouse replacement, +2 Culture after Astronomy; Before Astronomy creates Longship from time to time, which scout Sea or attack city and disappear after action.

Music added. @Lavilledieu @Adrian Von Ziegler
Coded more properly, added new Graphics.

Diablo III was so disappointing. :( Anyway, I am not gonna plan updating anything right now. Sets I, II, VII, IX, XI, XVI are compatible with randomized traits, which means I only need 10 sets to update this year.

Top Bottom