AW's New Civilizations | The Sixteen Nation Project [G&K/BNW]

How should the Berbers be updated?

• Total voters
The time has come to end this war. What do you think of this arrangement?

Sixteen Nations: Total Capitulation of Switzerland
JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations: 0 GPT.

How is going the next Sixteen Nations invasion?

The time has come to end this war. What do you think of this arrangement?

Sixteen Nations: Total Capitulation of Switzerland
JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations: 0 GPT.

How is going the next Sixteen Nations invasion?
"That's not even close to good deal." :p Besides, we've only been fighting for 57 days and no casualties. Some war. :/

Which part of the OP did you notice? The addons to the 16NP demographics (including Listmaking Predilection and Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia Level) or the updated info panels that I'm very proud to have made all by myself? :D

In regards to "invasions" - really the 16NP only takes control of territories after they decide on their own to revolt and join us - we've got two revolutions in progress, and neither one is building up steam very quickly. One revolt is centered between Europe and Asia, and the other is totally in Europe. The former is more of a powder keg right now, but we're still not mobilizing yet.
If you can decipher that, then that's my status update. All I'll leak for the hype train is that one of them will have a UI with a custom 3D model converted from civ4.

The new map is very nice - wonder where you got that from :p

I also noticed you'd added a demographic screen. I have done the same. Perhaps the combination of our actions shall teach More Civs Republic the villains of this world a lesson.

If there's one person I wasn't expecting to be following my thread, it would be my supposed arch-nemesis. :) At any rate, I also follow your thread, so I suppose we're even.
And I may have completely forgotten about the international relations part. :lol: That was partly an experiment to see if it would become a fad. It hasn't, but I expect the idea will take off in popularity now that you've adopted it.

I hereby decree that my name shall be written correctly!

But seriously, good idea :p

Well, over three months after release, late last night while very tired I finally discovered what's wrong with the Events part of the Samanids' E&D as reported by shaglio on page 7. And Just today I deduced the problem behind the Decisions part - basically I should do my coding when I'm tired because I'm apparently better at it then :lol: - and the fixed v2 is available to download.

And... if anyone wants to convert a civ4 building into a civ5 improvement for me - since I couldn't figure out the Blender UI to save my life - I believe one of my "invasions" is ready to begin the debugging phase. :D
(The lua is a lot more complex than that of any other mod I've made, so it might take a while...)

If you're willing to convert it, I'll PM the files to you. Secrecy purposes and all that. :p

Sure, but I don't think I can make 'under construction' graphics, and pillaged would be just with some smoke added. I somehow couldn't get any kind of edited graphics to show in-game, instead the ''built'' model would show.

You all have been waiting so patiently that I think you've earned a teaser! :D
Spoiler :

Front page map updated. All that's left to code should be E&D and civilopedia entries.
Also, I'll go ahead and give some special credit ahead of time to LeeS, who fixed... basically all of my Lua. :lol:

No offence, but... Waiting for what? You never put a civ name on your spoilers...

Gnah, I was hoping to be the first to add a mod to the new database. But the forum wasn't back online before I left on vacation. :cringe:
Oh well, I'm back now, so I can finally release the mystery civ. :D
Spoiler :

Urartu lead by Argishti I
Capital Arzashkun
Colors Purple and Sea Green
Primary Bias Defence
Secondary Bias Production
Start Bias Hills
UA Secret of Van - Forts claim surrounding tiles and may be built at double speed. Upon founding a city, there is a 50% chance that additional resources may be placed nearby, depending on the nearby terrain.
UB Karum (Replaces Forge) - Available at Iron Working. All nearby metal resources produce +1 Gold and Production, or doubled this for Iron. Requires at least one metal resource nearby.
UI Berd - A fortified Urartian settlement that slowly claims a ring of tiles surrounding it. May be built outside of friendly territory. Provides +25% defense to a unit stationed on it and damages adjacent enemy units. Does not yield anything by itself, but transfers food, gold, and production from the surrounding tiles to the nearest city each turn. Costs 2 Gold in maintainence per turn and is destroyed when pillaged.
Peace Theme Urmuli - Georgian Folk Music by KartvelianHeritage
War Theme armenian war song by coolantonio19

SPECIAL INFORMATION
- The game will display a message each turn telling you what each Berd yielded that turn. This can be turned off by changing ShowBerdGameMessages to false in *mod*\Lua\TSLSerializerHookup.lua.
- Cities removed from the Persian city list.
- Events and Decisions support, though fully coded, is not currently functional. The SQL - despite being perfectly functional when tested in an SQLite database browser - yields a very strange error that seems to dispose of the whole file; not only can I not reproduce the error in other SQL environments, but the log actually changes the font and font size for that particular error...? :confused: I'm have no idea what's causing it and kudos to him who can. I'll be glad to update the mod with a functional version of E&D if anyone can figure how to make it functional.

CREDITS
Original Berd 3D model by Andrea Charell
Berd Model conversion to Civ5 by DJSHenninger
A whole lot of Lua by LeeS

Download Now! (v 1)
This... generated a little less hype than I hoped for. :lol: Oh well. Modding is a hobby, not a career, after all.
Although I'll be legitimately surprised if the next mod doesn't generate hype...

I'm hype! Thank you for this release!

Man, your coding skills really spiked up since your last civ. This thing is incredible.

Man, your coding skills really spiked up since your last civ. This thing is incredible.
The entirety of the lua code was written by LeeS, so that would be why. :lol: Originally I just had him try to fix the errors, but he determined that it all needed to be scrapped and rewritten from scratch, which he graciously volunteered to do.

Gnah, I was hoping to be the first to add a mod to the new database. But the forum wasn't back online before I left on vacation. :cringe:
Oh well, I'm back now, so I can finally release the mystery civ. :D
Spoiler :

Peace Theme Urmuli - Georgian Folk Music by KartvelianHeritage
War Theme armenian war song by coolantonio19

SPECIAL INFORMATION
- The game will display a message each turn telling you what each Berd yielded that turn. This can be turned off by changing ShowBerdGameMessages to false in *mod*\Lua\TSLSerializerHookup.lua.
- Cities removed from the Persian city list.
- Events and Decisions support, though fully coded, is not currently functional. The SQL - despite being perfectly functional when tested in an SQLite database browser - yields a very strange error that seems to dispose of the whole file; not only can I not reproduce the error in other SQL environments, but the log actually changes the font and font size for that particular error...? :confused: I'm have no idea what's causing it and kudos to him who can. I'll be glad to update the mod with a functional version of E&D if anyone can figure how to make it functional.

CREDITS
Original Berd 3D model by Andrea Charell
Berd Model conversion to Civ5 by DJSHenninger
A whole lot of Lua by LeeS

Download Now! (v 1)
This... generated a little less hype than I hoped for. :lol: Oh well. Modding is a hobby, not a career, after all.
Although I'll be legitimately surprised if the next mod doesn't generate hype...

Wow!!!!! This is awesome UA! and it has full support as well! :D

Top Bottom