JFD's The World According to Modders

Can't... can't i be CS?
(Admit it, people: i had at least some impact on this community)
Natan apocalypse industries, Inc.

Can't... can't i be CS?
(Admit it, people: i had at least some impact on this community)
Natan apocalypse industries, Inc.

World According to Modders.

Can we see your forum page of released civs?
Muhahahaha. Modding Master Race.

Perhaps Great Writer or Artist names could be idea-givers/anyone who contributes but hasn't actually done any modding, that way we could all see our beloved Natan represented somehow.

natan is true bae <3

Hey there, Mcstuff. You need to be a city state as well.

My quote is as follows. Ahemhemhemhemhem:-

=]

Well, yeah, I really doubt I'd make it unless you really need a South American city state out of Gameplay needs or something...

Well hey, as long as this thread is revived, I've got a suggestion for improving Firaxis... :D
Spoiler :
UU: Reverse Engineer - Replaces Great Engineer. Can't rush wonders, but instead if next to a non-friendly city, may perform the "Screw Over" mission, which destroys the current tile improvement (completely wipes off the face of the earth, not just pillaged), clears the target city's production progress, reduces the target city to state of anarchy for 5 turns and un-researches the last technology discovered by the target player.

Luckily the AI would have no idea how to use the mission, so we get some kind of break from Firaxis screwing us over. :p

RE special names:
Spoiler :

AssignStartingPlots
Prophet UU Restrictions
Faith Purchasing
Multiplayer
Inconsistent Naming Conventions
Useless XML Columns
DLL Hardcoding
Start Biases
Tourism
Unhappiness
Faith
Pretty Much Everything
"Most Moddable Civ Game Yet"

Though it isn't possible, I would have loved a cooperative scenario like board games like Eldritch Horror, Sentinels of the Multiverse and so on. The different Mod Realms uniting in a common cause (like battling the for modders anxiety-inducing super villain/Realm of Natania). :)

Natania is a city in Israel. :p
Also, i don't annoy all modders. I can be an event( i already am :lol:).

UA: Teachings of Natan
+20% :c5science: science from science agreements and :trade: trade routes per every declaration of friendship you have(up to
100%). :trade: trade routes yield :c5culture: culture for you equal to the amount of :c5science: science they provide to other civilizations. +2 :tourism: tourism in :c5capital: capital cities.

Ever since I saw the original modders scenario, I'd always been tempted to make a civ for myself... but while I've had a fun time making up icons and a diplomacy screen for myself, I don't really know what I'd do for an actual UA. The best I can come up with is some variation on Peter I's Petrine Reformation, because of how much I've learned from everybody here...

Allow me to help with that!

---

Bouncymischa (Mischa Von Lebhaft)
Start Bias: Coastal
Capital: :c5capital: Hüpfburg
UA: A Meeting Of Minds
:c5production: Production in the :c5capital: Capital is hurried whenever a Research Agreement triggers. City-States connected to your Trade Network by Road grant additional :c5science: Science per turn in the :c5capital: Capital.

---

Hopefully that's of use to you. Oh, BTW, lebhaft is German for bouncy, and Hüpfburg is German for bouncy castle. I realise that you may well not be German, but Mischa sounds vaguely Teutonic to my English pigdog ears and besides, Hüpfburg is just too much fun to say. It's so jolly! You can practically hear the creak of little leather shorts. =]

Allow me to help with that!

---

Bouncymischa (Mischa Von Lebhaft)
Start Bias: Coastal
Capital: :c5capital: Hüpfburg
UA: A Meeting Of Minds
:c5production: Production in the :c5capital: Capital is hurried whenever a Research Agreement triggers. City-States connected to your Trade Network by Road grant additional :c5science: Science per turn in the :c5capital: Capital.

Oooh! That's actually pretty good! I'm not entirely sure how one would code hurrying production, or if there's a trigger for when a Research Agreement begins/ends, although I'm guessing there would have to be. I do know how to count up how many research agreements are underway, however, so I could maybe do something like "+X :c5production: Production in the :c5capital: Capital for every active Research Agreement"...

Hopefully that's of use to you. Oh, BTW, lebhaft is German for bouncy, and Hüpfburg is German for bouncy castle. I realise that you may well not be German, but Mischa sounds vaguely Teutonic to my English pigdog ears and besides, Hüpfburg is just too much fun to say. It's so jolly! You can practically hear the creak of little leather shorts. =]

Mischa is apparently from Russian, where it's a diminutive form of Michael. Hüpfburg is quite an amusing term, though :p

If you're gonna go that way, you should probably have it increase by quite a lot, like 20% or so. Remember, Research Agreements also benefit your competitors, so you need to benefit from it more directly. Science/hammers Civ is definitely the way to go, though. Hell, you could even make it a random yield increased by Big Number%! That'd be pretty cool.

Also, it's generally good form to pick your other uniques from Civs you've made, so, y'know, pick stuff as'd work with that. ((EDIT: This is almost certainly the Kishin from Oni Clans and the Atelier from Mushroom Witch Thingy))

My own picks, well... I can't actually say what one of them is because it's in the works over at CL, but the other one is definitely the Peleset from Leugi's Philistines mod. First unit I ever designed that made it into a Civ. I have it as my face now courtesy of TP. I'm a vampire. =]

I thought bouncy should have something more like that:

UA: Bouncymischan revolutions
Automatically receive a diplomatic boost with all civs. Each civilization you are friends with increases resting point with city states by 5. Completing CS quests provide :c5gold: gold equal to 150% of the :c5influence: influence you got.

Also, it's generally good form to pick your other uniques from Civs you've made, so, y'know, pick stuff as'd work with that. ((EDIT: This is almost certainly the Kishin from Oni Clans and the Atelier from Mushroom Witch Thingy))

My own picks, well... I can't actually say what one of them is because it's in the works over at CL, but the other one is definitely the Peleset from Leugi's Philistines mod. First unit I ever designed that made it into a Civ. I have it as my face now courtesy of TP. I'm a vampire. =]

That's one of the other issues I've been struggling with -- I tend to make my civs based around a theme, so the uniques tend to fit within that theme. Grabbing a bunch of random stuff then makes it feel rather haphazard, although I suppose if you kept the mechanical elements in mind you'd at least have a civ that worked effectively. :p

Still, I'm wondering if it's better to pick the uniques you like the most, and then make a civ that works with them, or to make a civ that feels reflects oneself, and then pick uniques that work with that playstyle? Hmm...

Top Bottom