Typhlomence's Civilizations

Bit of an odd glitch I encountered with Wario: With JFD's America under Roosevelt active and him on the playing field, Wario could make New Deals. Awesome an advantage as that would be, I don't want to cheat that bad. :p

This issue is with Roosevelt himself rather than Wario, should be fixed whenever JFD returns to updating his civs.

That's quite a list you have on your OP now, anything you can tell us about the civs coming in the future?

K-On civ? with Yui of all people as leader? lolwut I love it!
Also, isn't it Houkago as opposed to ho-tago?

Indeed. Updates to return once YnAEMP v24 is released. Will fix the Roosevelt issue first, I think.
And here I was wondering what could possibly be the reason that His Modjesty would come to visit my little principality here. :p

That's quite a list you have on your OP now, anything you can tell us about the civs coming in the future?

Well, I can share the ideas I have for those on the list, certainly.

The Mushroom Kingdom
This is a tricky one, since there's already a Mushroom Kingdom civilization that exists (hang on, make that two - I didn't know that existed before!), so I'd want to make mine different, and Nucleotyde's uniques make quite a bit of sense for Peach and have decent synergy.

I would probably give it a Diplomatic-Happiness focus, since those make the most sense for Peach. I think I would still want a "plumber" UU (i.e Mario), but I would like to experiment with having it get power-ups from resources, to represent Mario getting power-ups from the games (e.g. Super Mushroom, Fire Flower).

Since it does already exist, though, Peach would probably be the last Mario civ I do, if I do it at all.

Sarasaland
Here's a link to what I have proposed previously, and I'm still thinking along these lines. The main goal is to emphasise the "four kingdoms" that make up Sarasaland, by promoting settling in various types of terrains, and giving each "kingdom" a slightly different bonus. I do want the UU to be either the Marine or Sky Pop as there isn't much else that would work for Daisy, unless I give her the Daisy Cruiser as the UU, which would only really work as a Cargo Ship replacement.

The Lumas
Hoo boy. You can look here and here for some idea on how she'll work, but basically I wanted to give her some unique gameplay involving collecting Grand Stars, to reference her debut game and most notable role. Her complexity and me being unsure on my plans for her still is why I haven't worked on her in a while.

She will get done - I won't let myself not make a civilization for my favourite Nintendo character - but I may need to give her a rethink.

The Girls und Panzer civs
All will have some sort of focus around building tanks, obviously, which inevitably means some Domination focus, because people don't often build tanks otherwise. I also will want to give all of them an actual incentive for building tanks if you're not going for a Domination Victory, since I know that normal tech paths for other victories ignore Combustion -> Combined Arms for a long time. At the moment, my plan is to give them all a flavour Research Lab that requires Combustion instead of Plastics.

What I have for Oarai so far is here. The Tourism in the UA is to represent the fact that Oarai was going to be closed down in the series because of a lack of anything "interesting" there, and they becoming the Tankery champions saved the school and revitalised interest.

I'm not sure what St. Gloriana's focus will be, but they will get a unique Tea luxury resource somewhere, of course. Saunders will have a Gold focus because they're one of the wealthiest schools, Pravda will get bonuses in the snow, and Kuromorimine will encourage the use of massed, coordinated Armoured Unit attacks. Anzio... I've not watched their OVA so I'm not entirely sure what they should do, but I've had suggestions from others and I think I want to make them have weak, cheap units that make up for their weakness with special gimmicks.

Ho-kago Tea Time
K-On civ? with Yui of all people as leader? lolwut I love it!
Also, isn't it Houkago as opposed to ho-tago?
Well, Yui's the main character, in a way, so who else would lead it? :p Much as I would want to talk to Azusa in diplomacy...

Anyway, I think you can guess they'll have focus on producing Great Musicians. In fact, here's what I have typed up in my planning document (this is subject to change, of course):

UU: Light Music Club Member (Great Musician) - Produces unique Great Works of Music that produce +1 Gold for every Tourism Influence level you have against another civilization. Concert Tours provide 30% additional Tourism.

UB: Recording Studio (Stadium) - Has two slots for Great Works of Music. Each Unemployed Citizen in a city with a Recording Studio will provide +1 point towards a Light Music Club Member. Provides +25% Production to non-Wonder Culture and Tourism buildings when its theming bonus is in effect.

I'm not sure what I want for the UA yet.

And yes, you're correct, it is supposed to be "Houkago". I'm not used to the Japanese name since I watched the English dub, which uses "Afterschool".

Mythbusters
Science focus, what else would it be? I'm not sure I want to give out too much raw extra Science, though - we all know how OP Babylon and Korea are. Instead, I want to introduce a "mythbusting" mechanic, that lets you get unique units, buildings and other bonuses through "busting myths". My original plan was to offer a selection of different bonuses at the start of a new era and you could pick one, but in the last couple of days I considered having some sort of "mythbusting points" you could build up through various means, and once you got enough, you could choose what bonus you wanted (which would still be dependent on era - the Arrow Machine Gun would be available in early eras, for example).

I was going to have the Ancient Death Ray as the UU since it was their most done myth, but I'm thinking they could possibly have a "Crash Test Dummy" UU instead. I'm not sure what that would do though.

Super Sonico
Tentative since I've not played Sonicomi or watched the anime yet, but I did get the idea after messing around with the Japanese Blu-Ray I got with a Sonico figure. :p

She'd be another one focused around generating a unique Great Person - in this case, a Gravure Idol replacing the Great Artist. Because that's Sonico's job in both the game and the anime. I'm not sure what abilities it would have, but it wouldn't produce Great Works of Art, obviously. That's as far as I've got with her at the moment.
Spoiler :
Plus it gives me a reason to give a unit a swimsuit-clad anime girl model. :p
---------------------------------------

Wario has been updated to version 2. This is an important update soley because it makes the Microgame Producer producer give its bonus properly. Because of a mistake in my code, it would only give it if you had Broadway's theming bonus!

If you're using the soundtrack mods, please download this for the Common soundtrack and this for the WarioWare soundtrack and extract them to your MODS folder to make sure they work properly (these are the code only, so you don't have to re-download the whole thing).

Direct download | Steam Workshop

Change summary:
  • Japanese soundtrack should correctly play if neither of the soundtrack mods are active
    • Also fixed the references on the soundtrack mods so that they should detect Wario properly - they only worked before since I had set the soundtrack tag to 'TYPH_WARIO' already!
  • Unique diplomacy
    • Added a host of new diplomacy lines for the new response types introduced in the Community Patch and Civ IV Diplomatic Features
    • Unique diplomacy responses now available
  • Mod support updated
    • Treasure Hunter's unit models should appear correctly depending on visual mods used (for example, it should only use Wario if Single Unit Graphics is enabled)
    • Some mod support seperated into multiple SQL files so that any issues with support for specific mods (caused when loaded alongside a mod civ with outdated support and the mod NOT active) do not prevent the parsing of the whole file
  • Fixes to various Lua code
    • Microgame Producer bonus should work correctly (due to me indexing the list incorrectly when making the building class list, only the last class in the list would work - Broadway with no other buildings added)
    • Notification for a Treasure Hunter finding treasure should now display, and an alert should appear if the Treasure Hunter does not find any treasure
    • Alert for Treasure Hunter GPT should display the correct amount of remaining turns
    • MCIS Lua fixed so that it shows correctly, and text updated to be more informative
    • GPT Combat Strength increase should be recalculated whenever Wario captures or loses a city, and should be applied to units constructed in the turn
    • Microgame Producer's Gold bonus should update after more actions during the player's turn. Because it is a GPT bonus, this is more visual than anything, but should let you at least trade with the extra GPT in deals before ending the turn (disabled in multiplayer since it is currently untested and may cause issues)
Spoiler Includes unique diplomacy responses for the following leaders :

• Princess Peach and the Mushroom Kingdom (Nucleotyde)
  • Bowser and the Koopa Troop (Typhlomence)
  • Blanc of Lowee (Vice Virtuoso)
  • The Broken Lords (Vice Virtuoso)
  • Scrooge McDuck (CleverAdvisor)
  • George Mainwaring of Walmington-on-Sea (Typhlomence)
  • Reimu Hakurei (BouncyMischa, not yet released)
  • Holo of the Wisewolves (DarkScythe)
  • He also has a generic set of responses for other Neptunia civilizations as well, and will have a special line if he declares war to take your land, if your civilization is known for having a hot or snowy climate (I couldn't cover everything, obviously, but there's quite a few he will change this line for).

Well, if it were me, what I'd do for the Mythbusters is have them gain science from winning battles; the rationale being that Mythbusters often engage in destructive experiments.

Sorry for the wait! Here are the Database and XML Log Files (renamed in txt) you requested (refer to the Steam Workshop Comment I made). I tried uploading them with a private message, but couldn't get it work.

By the way, do you still convert Unit and Improvement Models from other games to Civ 5? I'm currently working on my Saiyaman Civ, but as I have no modeling experience, I don't know how to do it.

Attachments

• xml.txt
    243.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Database.txt
    346.3 KB · Views: 96
Sorry for the wait! Here are the Database and XML Log Files (renamed in txt) you requested (refer to the Steam Workshop Comment I made). I tried uploading them with a private message, but couldn't get it work.

Well, I looked for the error with that Bowser line, again, and I'm not seeing things - there's definitely something odd here:
Code:
[9947.372] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[9947.372] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with  values (TXT_KEY_LEADER_BOWSER_RETURNED_CIVILIAN_1, Hah, thanks for saving those incompetent [B]workers[/B]. They might still be useful for something!, ).
[9947.372] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file XML/Text/Bowser_DiplomacyDialog.xml.
[9947.372] columns Language, Tag are not unique

In every version of Bowser I've released, "TXT_KEY_LEADER_BOWSER_RETURNED_CIVILIAN_1" has been "Hah, thanks for saving those incompetents. They might still be useful for something!". Did someone edit Bowser_DiplomacyDialog.xml file to include "workers" in that line?

Anyway, it's obvious from this log that you've got a lot of mods active. That makes it hard for me to determine whether I've got some sort of error in Bowser, or some other mod is causing this issue. I don't know why that would be the case, but with so many mods active, anything is possible.

Can you try Bowser with nothing else active and see if you get the same issue? If you don't, try re-adding some until the issue starts to appear again.
I don't know if it's also related to the issue, but I have the German Language installed, so I'm not sure if this messes the <Language_en_US> Tags up.

That will also tell me if running the game in German has anything to do with this, since I've never tested how my mods run in game languages other than English.

By the way, do you still convert Unit and Improvement Models from other games to Civ 5? I'm currently working on my Saiyaman Civ, but as I have no modeling experience, I don't know how to do it.
Well, I convert things whenever they are needed, at least. I actually use a method similar to these two tutorials, except I use a model that's not from Civ 4. I usually define the vertex groups myself (or use any the model already has) rather than using bone weight copy, though.

Originally Posted by Typhlomence
In every version of Bowser I've released, "TXT_KEY_LEADER_BOWSER_RETURNED_CIVILIAN_1" has been "Hah, thanks for saving those incompetents. They might still be useful for something!". Did someone edit Bowser_DiplomacyDialog.xml file to include "workers" in that line?

Anyway, it's obvious from this log that you've got a lot of mods active. That makes it hard for me to determine whether I've got some sort of error in Bowser, or some other mod is causing this issue. I don't know why that would be the case, but with so many mods active, anything is possible.

Can you try Bowser with nothing else active and see if you get the same issue? If you don't, try re-adding some until the issue starts to appear again.

I dunno if that completely solved the issue, but I've downloaded the separate Bowser file again and Bowser's generic dialogue works now fine. I'll test it out later with Wario's civ and see if the unique dialogue works, it's just that I've got busy to work on my mod for Sims 4.

Well, I convert things whenever they are needed, at least. I actually use a method similar to these two tutorials, except I use a model that's not from Civ 4. I usually define the vertex groups myself (or use any the model already has) rather than using bone weight copy, though.

The problem is, that these tutorials require at least basic knowledge (which I sadly don't have :(, I'm that much a newbie in Blender) and Blender isn't exactly user-friendly. As I have a model from a different game in OBJ Format, is it possible to convert/extract a custom animation for the model, or do I have to rely on the existing animations?

Sorry if the post seems overwhelming here.

I dunno if that completely solved the issue, but I've downloaded the separate Bowser file again and Bowser's generic dialogue works now fine. I'll test it out later with Wario's civ and see if the unique dialogue works, it's just that I've got busy to work on my mod for Sims 4.

I'm glad it's working for you now. :) Though, if you encounter the issue again, please let me know what other mods are active, if any, so I can try reproducing the problem.

The problem is, that these tutorials require at least basic knowledge (which I sadly don't have :(, I'm that much a newbie in Blender) and Blender isn't exactly user-friendly. As I have a model from a different game in OBJ Format, is it possible to convert/extract a custom animation for the model, or do I have to rely on the existing animations?

Sorry if the post seems overwhelming here.

I have PM'ed you about this, since it's out of scope of this thread.

I just wanted to say that I'm hyped beyond relief for "World of Tanks: the Anime" Civs.

It doesn't have best girl, but I really didn't expect her to show up

That's an odd way to spell "Mako Reizei"... :p

I mean, Mako is in the top 3 alongside Hana (I call a tie between them), but Yukari's dorky goodness makes my heart melt.

I am dorksexual, meaning "attraxted to dorkness".

I just want to say how well you nailed Bowser's personality. If i had diplomatic talks with the great Koopa King himself, i would expect him to sound that way. Well done! :)

I just want to say how well you nailed Bowser's personality. If i had diplomatic talks with the great Koopa King himself, i would expect him to sound that way. Well done! :)

Thanks, that means a lot to me. :) Diplomacy text is one of the parts of making a new civilization that I always try to do well, and I always worry whether I've nailed the leader's personality properly.

Anyway, if you've been attentive, you might have noticed Sarasaland and Ho-kago Tea Time have been added to the upcoming list in my signature. I certainly haven't abandoned Oarai, but a) eight tanks are daunting to balance, and b) I'm unsure as to what art to use for the leader screen. So this month I decided to work on the two other civilizations I had some concrete ideas for.

WARNING - long post incoming!

I've decided that Sarasaland's gimmick is going to be that Daisy gets four UUs and UBs, but only one of each will be buildable in each of the four kingdoms (Birabuto, Muda, Easton and Chai). Which kingdom a city is in is dependant on the surronding terrain. I really want to drive home the "made up of four distinct kingdoms" part of Sarasaland, and having UUs and UBs dependent on city locations seems like one of the more interesting ways to do it.

The current UA is this, but expect it to change:

Calico Kingdom - Cities gain 2% Culture for every distinct type of Resource that is traded to another Civilization, doubled if you are the only known owner of that Resource. Trade Routes to other Civilizations provide +1 Happiness for every Resource in the origin City the recipient does not have.

While I'm still hazy on the UBs, I've nailed down what all the UUs will be, except for Birabuto's. It was a no brainer to me that Muda Kingdom and Chai Kingdom would get the Marine Pop and Sky Pop respectively. The Easton Kingdom will get a special siege unit based upon its boss, Hiyoihoi (come on, it's a living Moai statue with shades that throws rocks at you - how many times will you get to see a unit based on that? :p). I originally considered a Lancer replacement for the Birabuto Kingdom based on the Bunbun enemy, but since Birabuto is based on Ancient Egypt, I think I might want to base it on the boss King Totomesu (a fire-breathing Sphinx).

For Daisy, I'm also considering using VV's leader screen utility to give her a different leader screen depending on what kingdom her capital is in. Unfortunately, I've had to improvise on what the backgrounds will be, since there are absolutely zero suitable things I can take from Super Mario Land (heck, there's not really anything suitable for backgrounds for Daisy period).
Spoiler Birabuto Kingdom :
Pretty simple to do, I just found a good image of the Great Sphinx and Pyramid, removed the people, adjusted the colours and slapped some Birabuto enemies on it.

Spoiler Easton Kingdom :
Easter Island, of course. I deliberately picked an image that lacked the sea, since there isn't really any sea in the Easton Kingdom. Thankfully the Moai in the picture are very much like the ones used in the background of Easton's levels. I changed their colour, though, to match the Easton enemies (as well as the vegetation to add some more green and yellow, because Daisy).

Spoiler Chai Kingdom :
Chai is based on Ancient China... I'm not sure what is in Ancient China, so I went for something a bit more recent in history and used Beijing's Confucian temple as the background, with the people removed and some recolouring to match Daisy. Plus Chai enemies.

Muda's been the trickiest to do, as it's named after the lost continent of Mu and Bermuda, of all things, and that's the reason why I haven't done a screen for it yet. I'm thinking of just picking a random, cool looking ship terminal, rendering the Daisy Cruiser in front of it, and calling it a day. :p

I do have a generic one as well, in case the others a bit too wacky - just Daisy on the deck of her Cruiser. I used Blender to render a shot on board the cruiser and then put an ocean background behind it.
Spoiler :

Ho-kago Tea Time is thankfully not as complicated as all that. Here's what I have so far for them, but this is still subject to change.

(There are two icons for the UU since it will appear differently depending on era. Can't go around with guitars in ancient times, after all!)

UA: Fuwa Fuwa Time - Every level of Tourism Influence you have over another civilization reduces empire-wide Unhappiness (up to 50%). Receive a free copy of the Tea and Cakes Luxury Resource every time a Golden Age begins or is extended. Generation of Great Writers and Great Artists reduced by 50%.

UU: Light Music Club Member (Great Musician) - When performing a Concert Tour, the Light Music Club Member produces 25% more Tourism to the target civilization; however the amount of Tourism to all other civilizations is reduced by the same amount. The Light Music Club Member also produces unique Great Works of Music that will generate +1% Great Person Points for every level of Tourism Influence you have over another civilization. This effect will be granted to any civilization that possesses the unique Great Work of Music.

UB: Recording Studio (Stadium) - The Recording Studio is a unique replacement for the Stadium. Unlike the Stadium, it does not provide any base yield of Happiness. Instead, it has two slots for Great Works of Music. When two Great Works of Music from Ho-kago Tea Time are placed in a Recording Studio, it will produce Great Musician Points equal to 25% of the city's Tourism output. The Recording Studio does not require a Zoo in the city, but costs more to build and maintain.

And last but not least, Yui's leader screen:
Spoiler :

That last half was too moe for my poor kokoro.

Receive a free copy of the Tea and Cakes Luxury Resource every time a Golden Age begins or is extended. Generation of Great Writers and Great Artists reduced by 50%.
I was about to mention how that could start stacking rather quickly with writers and artists, but then I noticed you nerfed their generation, so good call on that! :lol:
That last half was too moe for my poor kokoro.
That's K-on for ya hehe :crazyeye:

I've decided that Sarasaland's gimmick is going to be that Daisy gets four UUs and UBs, but only one of each will be buildable in each of the four kingdoms (Birabuto, Muda, Easton and Chai). Which kingdom a city is in is dependant on the surronding terrain. I really want to drive home the "made up of four distinct kingdoms" part of Sarasaland, and having UUs and UBs dependent on city locations seems like one of the more interesting ways to do it.

The current UA is this, but expect it to change:

Calico Kingdom - Cities gain 2% Culture for every distinct type of Resource that is traded to another Civilization, doubled if you are the only known owner of that Resource. Trade Routes to other Civilizations provide +1 Happiness for every Resource in the origin City the recipient does not have.

I like the multiple UU/UB idea -- I'd been tossing around something similar if I ever got around to doing a civ based on the Shantae games. :3 It should certainly add an extra dimension to city placement -- "Do I want to build this city here to get better siege units, or over here for something else...?"

Still, it might be worthwhile to have at least something else basic in the UA, to create a sense of unity between the multiple kingdoms that would be shared between each, and hopefully reflective on Daisy herself. Something mercantile, like the original UA?

Top Bottom