ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

Ummm... what's the Rebat? and the Sapao?

Rebat is like a caravansary, and Sapao were the merchant chiefs of Sogdiana.

Hmmm...

UA: All Roads lead to Sogdiana
:c5gold: Gold from :trade: Trade routes is increased by a percentage equal to the city's :c5science: science output. :c5greatperson: Great merchant generation is increased by a percentage equal to the :c5gold: gold you gain from :trade: trade routes to and from the city.

UI: Rebat
Unlocked at currency, and may be only be built on flat desert\ plains, never adjacent to each other. Grants +1 :c5gold: gold. Each Rebar worked increases the range of :trade: trade routes from his city by 5% and grants +1 :c5culture: culture per each incoming and outgoing :trade: trade route. +1 :c5gold: gold after guilds.

UU: Sapao
Replaces great merchant. While not being able to found custom houses, it may build Rebats without being consumed. Rebats build by a Sapao grant +1 :c5science: science, and have all of their yields and effects doubled when its stationed stationed on them.

I really like the gist of the Sapao idea, so, I think I almost have a full design

UA-Heart of the Silk Road

+1GM points per outgoing trade route. +some consistent gold bonus to land trade, relating to science, preferably something more dynamic than extra gold for every x amount of science in cities.

UU-Sapao, instead of building custom houses, may be expended to improve the rebat, increasing gold and science yields, and making it so that, when worked, the Rebat gives +1 gold to land trade in the city that is working it

UI-Rebat, unlocked at guilds, +1 gold, +1 science, +1 food next to fresh water, not buildable next to another rebat. +50% defensive strength. When worked, increases land trade route range by 10%.

So, essentially I just need a design for the extra part of the UA.

Also, how do people feel about my original manx civ in terms of design? I'm thinking it's time for an overhaul to balance it and make the UA more interesting.

Okay, finally got a full design.

UA-The Road to Samarkand

Cities gain +x gold and +y science per z gold earned from land trade routes (that is, in the origin cities). +a great merchant points per land trade route connecting to a city (probably 1 point).

UU-Sapao, instead of building custom houses, may be expended to improve the rebat, increasing gold and science yields, and making it so that, when worked, the Rebat gives +1 gold to land trade in the city that is working it

UI-Rebat, unlocked at guilds, +1 gold, +1 science, +1 food next to fresh water, not buildable next to another rebat. +50% defensive strength. When worked, increases land trade route range by 10%.

Also, does anyone know what's happened to doktorapplejuice? He was working on some skins for the Guanches, but I literally haven't heard from him in two weeks.

The design is pretty historically fitting, and fairly unique. One thing I am a little concerned about though, is having to expend the Sapao to improve a single Rebat. There is a precedent for this type of mechanic with Leugi's Tiwanaku civ. It has a UI and a UU that is a missionary replacement that can improve the yields of the UI or great person tile improvements. So the cost to improve the UI or great person tile improvement is one missionary, basically. With your Sogdiana design, the cost to improve the UI is one Great Merchant, basically. Seems like a poor deal when compared side by side like that. Maybe instead have the Sapao have a certain number of improve Rebat actions, and once he uses them all up he is expended, like the Great Prophet's spread religion function.

The design is pretty historically fitting, and fairly unique. One thing I am a little concerned about though, is having to expend the Sapao to improve a single Rebat. There is a precedent for this type of mechanic with Leugi's Tiwanaku civ. It has a UI and a UU that is a missionary replacement that can improve the yields of the UI or great person tile improvements. So the cost to improve the UI or great person tile improvement is one missionary, basically. With your Sogdiana design, the cost to improve the UI is one Great Merchant, basically. Seems like a poor deal when compared side by side like that. Maybe instead have the Sapao have a certain number of improve Rebat actions, and once he uses them all up he is expended, like the Great Prophet's spread religion function.

Perhaps, but it also depends on how strong the rest of the civ is too.

So, stuff is actually moving again with the Guanches, gradually the lua is being fixed and I'm getting skins, will post some screenshots soon. There's still work to be done though, and so I guess it's probably time to come up with some events and decisions, or decisions at least. One decision could be reforming military tactics, which Tinerfe apparently did (keeping his grip on power against his rivals).

The other decision could probably just be celebrating some festival.

No idea for decisions - but what were you considering giving the Guanches for CulDiv support? I'm not sure what would fit a Berber people best.

Probably just "west african". For RED I was thinking Spain maybe.

Also, do you think I should add some code that changes the civ to "The Canaries" with a more modern civ list (when certain files are deleted), like I did with Orry's Manx for those who wanted authentic manx gaelic names?

Also, do you think I should add some code that changes the civ to "The Canaries" with a more modern civ list (when certain files are deleted), like I did with Orry's Manx for those who wanted authentic manx gaelic names?

I don't see how it would hurt to include that code (unless it's a pain to actually write :p), It's not something that I'd personally use though. I only use the Gaelic names for Orry's civ because I find them more fitting and pleasant - I guess others could have the same attitude to the Canaries.

Here's some screenshots of the Guanche unique units
Spoiler :

Progress has been, slow, but I'm getting there, there's all sorts of problems with the Lua and getting all the skins I need has been tricky (still need a skin for the unique resource), and it doesn't help that two people who were helping me seem to have have vanished off the face of the Earth.

But I'll get there.

Art + textures certainly does supply a nice effect. Can't wait to see this civ in action.

I got wondering though, shouldn't the Garrote be "Garrochista"?

Art + textures certainly does supply a nice effect. Can't wait to see this civ in action.

I got wondering though, shouldn't the Garrote be "Garrochista"?

Probably.

I don't really know Spanish :p

I've already got music thanks, I'm not really sure how appropriate orchestral music is though

Here's some screenshots of the Guanche unique units
Spoiler :

Progress has been, slow, but I'm getting there, there's all sorts of problems with the Lua and getting all the skins I need has been tricky (still need a skin for the unique resource), and it doesn't help that two people who were helping me seem to have have vanished off the face of the Earth.

But I'll get there.

It's a shame the two helpers have disappeared like the real life Guanches...

Yeah, I really don't know what happened to DoktorAppleJuice and Uighur Caesar, maybe I've just been unobservant, but I swear I haven't seen the former online in weeks, he hasn't responded to my messages either.

I can help! Somewhat!

Sorry for the delay but these last two weeks have been unexpectedly busy for me. I did finish the hill healing code for the UU though:

Code:
function HealAdjacentToHill(iPlayer)
	if Players[iPlayer]:GetUnitClassCount(GameInfoTypes.UNITCLASS_SPEARMAN) > 0 then
		for iUnit in Players[iPlayer]:Units() do
			if iUnit:GetUnitType() == GameInfoTypes.UNIT_RJ_GARROTTE then
				HillHeal(iUnit)
			end
		end
	end
end
Events.AIProcessingEndedForPlayer.Add(HealAdjacentToHill)

function HillHeal(cUnit)
	local cPlot = cUnit:GetPlot();
		if cPlot:IsHills() then
                                cUnit:ChangeMoves(1)
				cUnit:ChangeDamage(-10);
				return;
			end
		end

Also, I'm not sure if it's possible to make a general "50% longer WLTKDs." EE's Versailles says that it extends WLTKD in all cities, but I can't find anything in the code or in a game that proves that it does that.

Top Bottom