Uighur_Caesar's Civilizations

What... +1 faith from clearing encampments? What's the point?

Alrighty - will try and get the Norther Irish pedia done and pm'd to you today, at some point - cannot vouch for it's quality however.

In regards to the Teutonic Knights, is there a better name available for the UU? As with the original NI design, my problem is that the name 'Crusader' is pretty damn unspecific - it would be nice if there was a german equivalent name that you could use. I do like Tafty's UB concept, and the idea of faith contributing to Great General progress, that's something which should make the civ pretty unique (not aware of any other custom civs having that property I guess an aspect of your Taino civ is somewhat similar).

So in regards to the projects you are working on, what are the main priorities? You mentioned you are working on CL's Cuba, and that progress on the Taino has hit a brick wall - how has production of Iraq gone, if you don't mind me asking?

Alrighty - will try and get the Norther Irish pedia done and pm'd to you today, at some point - cannot vouch for it's quality however.

In regards to the Teutonic Knights, is there a better name available for the UU? As with the original NI design, my problem is that the name 'Crusader' is pretty damn unspecific - it would be nice if there was a german equivalent name that you could use. I do like Tafty's UB concept, and the idea of faith contributing to Great General progress, that's something which should make the civ pretty unique (not aware of any other custom civs having that property I guess an aspect of your Taino civ is somewhat similar).

So in regards to the projects you are working on, what are the main priorities? You mentioned you are working on CL's Cuba, and that progress on the Taino has hit a brick wall - how has production of Iraq gone, if you don't mind me asking?

State of the Teutonic Order
Spoiler :
Leader: Winrich von Kniprode
Capital: :c5capital: Königsberg
UA: Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Capturing Barbarian Encampments, Defensive, and Military Buildings all yield an additional +1 :c5faith: Faith, Upon waging :c5war: War :c5faith: Faith output increases by 5% for each Enemy Unit killed.
UU: Kreuzritter (Longswordsman)
Unlocked at Chivalry instead of Steel, Gains a 20% :c5strength: Combat Bonus when fighting three tiles from a City with an opposing Religion. They gain the Unique "Livonian" Promotion granting it a Passive Healing Bonus every 3 turns
UB: Ordensburg
Produces +2 Faith, +15% :c5production: Military Production, also produces additional +15 Experience for Units, and 10% of this City's :c5faith: Faith contributes to Great General Production

Well here you go again just changed the name of the Unit you desired, thats the kind of hard thing doing civs based from medieval times is that if they never any proper documentation its going a little bit more difficult as time goes on to make it unique.

By the way Caeser are you also open to taking suggestions, if not its okay I am already having fun with designing your Civs:)

Thanks. And yeah I agree with Crusader sounding pretty unspecific, but these designs were made to be rough so I'll find a better name eventually. My main priority right now is CL's Cuba. Iraq will be the first of my civ's to be released. All I need for Iraq is the alpha icon which I've been having a problem with. I'm not sure if it's how I made the alpha icon or how I wrote it in XML. I've written the same way I've seen in other mods and I made the alpha icon the same way I made the unit flag, which is basically an alpha icon, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Anyway, after Iraq will be the Taino or Northern Ireland. If I end up releasing NI before the Taino then I'll start working on the Apache. I'm also going to help out a bit with some of Our World's civs. After all those things I'm not sure what I'll do next, but it'll probably be the Ryukyu Islands and Navarre.

State of the Teutonic Order
Spoiler :
Leader: Winrich von Kniprode
Capital: :c5capital: Königsberg
UA: Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Capturing Barbarian Encampments, Defensive, and Military Buildings all yield an additional +1 :c5faith: Faith, Upon waging :c5war: War :c5faith: Faith output increases by 5% for each Enemy Unit killed.
UU: Kreuzritter (Longswordsman)
Unlocked at Chivalry instead of Steel, Gains a 20% :c5strength: Combat Bonus when fighting three tiles from a City with an opposing Religion. They gain the Unique "Livonian" Promotion granting it a Passive Healing Bonus every 3 turns
UB: Ordensburg
Produces +2 Faith, +15% :c5production: Military Production, also produces additional +15 Experience for Units, and 10% of this City's :c5faith: Faith contributes to Great General Production

Well here you go again just changed the name of the Unit you desired, thats the kind of hard thing doing civs based from medieval times is that if they never any proper documentation its going a little bit more difficult as time goes on to make it unique.

By the way Caeser are you also open to taking suggestions, if not its okay I am already having fun with designing your Civs:)

Thanks for the German name. I'm always open to suggestions so feel free to add to any of my designs.

I just became interested in making a Kingdom of Jerusalem civ. Here's my design:

Kingdom of Jerusalem

Leader: Baldwin I

UA: The Promised Land: +5% Tourism in Holy Cities for every religion present. Gain a free Great Prophet from conquering Holy Cities.

UU: Templar: Replaces Longswordman. Comes at Chivalry instead of Steel. Gains a combat bonus when near Holy Cities.

UB: Religious Quarter: Replaces Market. +1 Culture and +1 Faith from every religion in this city. +2 Tourism from Holy Sites.

I'll have to change the Teutonic Knights so that their unit isn't as similar.

I don't think the UA is very fitting. The Tourism boost would be absolutely useless until late in the game, and I don't think Tourism is the best way to represent the influence of the Holy Land. The second part of the UA is not very fitting either, there should be a different bonus from holy cities.

The UU is good, while the UB continues the use of Tourism, which I still don't like. Besides, its name is really boring.

Personally, if I were to make the Kingdom of Jerusalem (I really want to make several medieval civs), there'd be multiple:
  • The Principality of Antioch under Bohemond I, basically a civ to represent the first crusade, focused on capturing and holding Holy Cities and religious City-States
  • The Kingdom of Jerusalem under Baldwin IV, a civ focused on religious diversity and trade
  • The Kingdom of Jerusalem under Guy de Lusignan, kind of a joke civ, representing the Kingdom of Accre period, focused on making up for losing cities and generally being bad

So, recommended UA for your potential civ:

The Holy Land
+1 :c5gold: Gold from Trade Routes for ever Holy City and Religious City-State controlled. The opinion boost for having the same majority religion as another civ is increased.

I wanted to give the Tourism bonus to Holy Cities to represent how Jerusalem is holy in several religions, making it a popular pilgrimage place. The second part I just kind of threw in there to help make more Holy Sites for the UB, which does has a boring name but I couldn't find a good name for a UB to showed religious diversity so I picked it because each religion has their own quarter in the old city of Jerusalem. Thanks for the criticism and suggestions, I'll think about it later.

Also, are you interested in a Danelaw civ? I was playing CK2 as Wessex yesterday and now I want to do Danelaw civ. Right now the only idea I have for it is Cnut as leader.

A Danelaw civ would be fantastic, but I think Cnut would be a better fit for the North Sea Empire civ that Tarcisio planned to do with Viregel (if that is still happening), is there some other leader - unique to the Danelaw who could be used?

A Danelaw civ would be fantastic, but I think Cnut would be a better fit for the North Sea Empire civ that Tarcisio planned to do with Viregel (if that is still happening), is there some other leader - unique to the Danelaw who could be used?
One of Ragnar Lodbrok's alleged sons? I have Ivar the Boneless in my danelaw design.

Ok cool. That means they're both going to be great :)

I would propose either Ivar, Cnut, or Harthacnut depending on which era of Norman occupation of England you want to focus on. By the way Caeser I have been wondering has there ever been any good modding guides out there? I figured since most of the modding community is going on overhaul I should take a crack at it? even if I cant atleast I will learn some terminology and the ins and outs of Civ 5 modding.

Kael's modding guide is the one I learned the basics from. It's outdated but it helps a lot when you know nothing. Where you really learn how to do stuff is by looking at other mod's code. Use them as a reference or a base when coding. I always copy and paste the XML from Iraq whenever I'm making a mod and just change it because I'm too lazy to start from scratch. If anything confuses you just start a thread here and someone will help you. That's what I do when I get stuck with Lua. In fact, I'll probably post a thread about Lua within 10 minutes because I'm expecting that this thing I'm writing doesn't work lol.

Kael's modding guide is the one I learned the basics from. It's outdated but it helps a lot when you know nothing. Where you really learn how to do stuff is by looking at other mod's code. Use them as a reference or a base when coding. I always copy and paste the XML from Iraq whenever I'm making a mod and just change it because I'm too lazy to start from scratch. If anything confuses you just start a thread here and someone will help you. That's what I do when I get stuck with Lua. In fact, I'll probably post a thread about Lua within 10 minutes because I'm expecting that this thing I'm writing doesn't work lol.

Thanks!! its really appreciated :crazyeye:

I would propose either Ivar, Cnut, or Harthacnut depending on which era of Viking occupation of England you want to focus on. By the way Caeser I have been wondering has there ever been any good modding guides out there? I figured since most of the modding community is going on overhaul I should take a crack at it? even if I cant atleast I will learn some terminology and the ins and outs of Civ 5 modding.

FTFY...
And wasn't Cnut some 300 hundred years after the Danelaw?

Top Bottom