Uighur_Caesar's Civilizations

I really like the Washington ideas, but I'm not sure I want to lose JFD's Washington revision to get them :blush:

Was also wondering if it were possible to have an alternate UA name in addition in case someone wants to play with vanilla Washington/JFD's so there won't be text key errors from two civs using "Manifest Destiny." So, say, if someone's using only yours, Polk's UA is Manifest Destiny, but if someone is using another Washington, Polk's UA would appear as something else ("Sea to Shining Sea," "Halls of Montezuma," etc) to prevent conflict.

It can be set up to show as Manifest Destiny if:

JFD's Washington isn't loaded, basically a true/false check in the lua for JFD's FDR mod. If it comes up true, then the alternate UA name would appear. If false, it would still be Manifest Destiny.

Your Washington is loaded, which is the same as above, except showing Manifest Destiny if the check comes back true, and the alternate UA name if it comes back false.

Since I presume you have a way to make your text keys unique (such as, say, UC_Washington), then the only conflict between your Washington and his is the Minuteman. Your Washington's UA name is different, and his has a Ranch instead of a Founding Father UGP.

I'm not sure if the game will allow two Civs to use the same UU. Will have to check into that.

Ah, then as long as the tag names for your leader are different, it should be good.

JFD's Washington is just an edited one. I'll have to make a my own Washington tag. The other solution is to have a different leader entirely but I'm not too sure about that. I have been wanting a Jefferson USA but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Actually, I just remembered that there's a Virginia civ with Jefferson so I could ask to borrow his art.

It's a good idea to have your own tag on all your text keys anyway, that way future mods can't give conflicts. I know JFD puts JFD_ in front of his, More Civs does MC_, etc.

I put GPUZ_, you could use UC_

I'm seriously considering using Jefferson now. It would prevent the weirdness of having 2 Washingtons in a game.

I don't think Jefferson is the Best choice, I would argue that John Adams is a bit more fitting considering he has been Washington's vice president and his Successor.

So I've decided to completely avoid conflict with JFD's Washington and change the Thirteen Colonies' UU to the Continental Army. I've also changed it's attributes:

Continental Army: Replaces Musketman. Earns XP twice as fast when near a Great General or receiving a combat boost from a Founding Father. Upon dying or upgrading, gain Founding Father points in the Capital equal to half of this unit's lifetime combat XP.

So I've decided to completely avoid conflict with JFD's Washington and change the Thirteen Colonies' UU to the Continental Army. I've also changed it's attributes:

Its pretty great, But from what I have been able to screw with XML I'm not sure if there is a bulletproof way to convert EXP or Unit Values to something else like you Founding Father Points, How about a more traditional "Kill generates FFP" unless you have found a way either in which case keep the efficient design.

This calls for Strawpoll! http://strawpoll.me/4615304

First to 10 wins.

So has the vote finally been decided, who is it going to be?, I haven't seen the vote just for the some additional suspense, and I was also wondering any way I can help you with the America Split with stuff like Art, pedias, and maybe some minor cartography.

I volunteered to do the pedias, DOM and dialogue for Polk, but art is way out of my league.

So has the vote finally been decided, who is it going to be?, I haven't seen the vote just for the some additional suspense, and I was also wondering any way I can help you with the America Split with stuff like Art, pedias, and maybe some minor cartography.

21 votes in and still no winner. Jefferson and Adams are the front runners with Washington close behind.

I've had this map sitting around for a while:

Spoiler :

If you could do the text for the Thirteen Colonies that would be great. I just need a DOM, diplomacy, and pedias for the uniques and the leader. I'll be reusing America's pedia for both civs because I'm lazy like that.

Also, I'm having trouble finding a good symbol for Polk. JFD''s FDR and Lincoln use the Great Seal and a star respectively and Age of Imperialism's Teddy Roosevelt has an eagle. The only other important symbol I can think of is the pyramid on the back of the $1 bill but I don't really want to use it. If anyone has a good symbol I would really appreciate.

What about a Conestoga wagon with a star in the center?

Top Bottom