The Dragon Age Mod Project

Actually, with a reskin, I think it would look really good. It just looks a tad too Vampiric right now. Here, I've already started with the face and hair:

Spoiler :

I think I made the face a tad too dark, and the armour hasn't even been touched, but I think it definitely will work well. Thank you so much for doing this.

As for further guidance/specifics, would it be easier to talk over Steam? I use it to talk to Civitar about his icons a fair bit.

Excellent, glad I could help! Definitely, we can discuss the finer points on Steam - friend request sent.

Since I've changed my mind on the Inquisition, and have decided to make it into a civ, I wanted to share two bits of art I've put together for it in order to gather some opinions;

Map:

and Leaderscene:
Spoiler :

If you need any specialized terrain improvement graphics, I am taking requests. I have started a thread here:

CiV Fantasy Improvement Graphic Conversions

In particular, I plan to convert many of the BFME II: LOTR buildings (external link here) as well as the Civ IV Fantasy Packs by Walter Hawkwood.

Oh, wow! Looks great, Nomad! I'll deffinitely let you know if I can use something from there. Though it would seem I'm having difficulty with implementing improvements as of late.

The Leader Icon and Civ icon for the Inquisition are both done:

(I went with a bit of a greenish tint to what is normally black and white on the Inquisition Icon, so that It wouldn't just be an inverse of Antiva's colours, and to reflect the fade rifts a little).

Some screenshots from my first test of the Inquisition mod:

Spoiler :

There are clearly some issues with the game text file, and the Lua that spawns Footsoldiers on Forward Camps doesn't seem to be working, but all the other Lua does appear to be working perfectly, which for me, is a huge win.

The Inquisition Agent, which is a Great Person replacement for both the Merchant and the General is spawning in for both (probably the trickiest part, IMO), but the custom names for the Agent aren't showing up when it's spawned in from the Merchant; only Great Merchant names are popping up.

So... while testing out an AI-only game with these civs, I discovered that apparently, it's possible for City-States to capture cities. This one was immediately set ablaze, but I have to wonder what happens when a City-state captures a capital.

Spoiler :

So... while testing out an AI-only game with these civs, I discovered that apparently, it's possible for City-States to capture cities. This one was immediately set ablaze, but I have to wonder what happens when a City-state captures a capital.

Oh yes... one of these days I need to post the screenshots I have of a game where Vilnius captured (and razed) two cities from the Zulus. :p

If a city-state captures a city it can't raze, such as another city-state or a capital, then it retains control of the city normally.

If you think that's weird... I know I've seen a screenshot of the barbarians capturing someone's capital. Since they couldn't raze it, it stuck around as a Barbarian city... :p

I thought that when Barbarians captured a city they just took a huge amount of Gold from it.

I've had games where a City State has taken a city and actually kept it without razing! It was fairly late in the game, but I've had it happen.

I know I'm more or less just talking to myself on here, but on the off chance that someone out there is actually keeping track of this, the Dawn of Man and Diplomacy art are both complete for Tevinter! Woop woop!

Spoiler :

I know I'm more or less just talking to myself on here, but on the off chance that someone out there is actually keeping track of this, the Dawn of Man and Diplomacy art are both complete for Tevinter! Woop woop!

Spoiler :

I may not be commenting often, but I am definitely watching. Great work, keep it coming! :goodjob:

So, I'm SO into this, I made an account to show my overwhelming support. I'm going to download all that you have completed in the next few days and I can't wait for a full conversion to be done. I love your attention to detail and historical accuracy!

Tevinter is now officially released!

I don't know much about Dragon Age, but I have been trying to follow the thread as I can. :3 Tevinter definitely looks interesting! With a spellcasting Cannon replacement, I can't help but imagine them as rivals for the Forest of Magic. :p

So, I'm SO into this, I made an account to show my overwhelming support. I'm going to download all that you have completed in the next few days and I can't wait for a full conversion to be done. I love your attention to detail and historical accuracy!

Hey, thank you SO much! I really, really do appreciate the support! I personally can't wait for the TC either; I have a feeling that it will be awesome!

I don't know much about Dragon Age, but I have been trying to follow the thread as I can. :3 Tevinter definitely looks interesting! With a spellcasting Cannon replacement, I can't help but imagine them as rivals for the Forest of Magic. :p

Hey, thanks! I can't say I really know a whole lot about Touhou (most of my knowledge comes from your mods, and the few Touhou metal bands I've stumbled across), but that does sound like an accurate fit. Both are heavily rooted in magic, and both have a dark reputation. Hey, you know what? I think I know what I'll be doing next time I'm in the mood to actually sit down and play a game of civ.

Top Bottom