Zwei833's German (Real and Alternate) History Civs

Updated to v.3(Direct Download | Steam Subscribe)
-add civilization specific decisions

Preview screenshots:
Spoiler :

------------------

There should be no more updates to the German Empire unless:
a)serious bug is found
b)Sovereignty is released and I need to add supports to it
c)if Jan draw some icons for this civ

So what your next civ is?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 625
  • 2.png
    2.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 555
Austria and HRE?

(I made a Maximilian I design BTW)

Austria and HRE?

(I made a Maximilian I design BTW)

The first one is HRE, and the second one is neither Austria nor HRE, guess again(hint: Industrial-modern civ):p

And my HRE is actually lead by Maximilian I! I have not a detail-design yet, where is your design? do you like to collaborate with me?:D

Holy Roman Empire under Maximilian I

UA: Tu Felix Austria Nube
During WLtKDs, cities receive extra yields from your :c5citystate: city state allies. Entering a WLtKD during :c5war: wars will grant you :c5influence: influence with all city states for each turn passed since the war started.

UU: Kaiserliche
Replaces longswordsman. While being slightly weaker(20 :c5strength:) and more expansive, it becomes 5% cheaper and :c5strength: stronger per each :c5citystate: city state ally you have. Generates :c5culture: culture equal to 10% of his :c5strength: strength for each city celebrating WLtKD, doubled if garrisoned.

UB: Burg
Replaces castle. Grants a lump sum of :c5gold: gold upon finishing city state quests. When constructing units, grants you +1 :c5gold: gold per each :c5citystate: city state ally you have.

Modded Version
Spoiler :
UA: Grandfather of Europe
Mercenaries are 5% :c5strength: stronger and :c5gold: cheaper per each :c5citystate: city state ally you have. :c5greatperson: Great dignitaries provide the same yields as great merchants when conducting :c5gold: Trade missions, and are produced 5% faster per each :c5citystate: city state ally you have during :c5war: wars.

UU: Kaiserliche
Replaces longswordsman. While only having 20 :c5strength: strength, it has a 25% bonus against melee units, increased to 50%. against mounted or anti-mounted units. Has a chance to start a 7-turn WLtKD in all cities upon killing a unit, greatly increased in :c5citystate: city state territory.

UB: Burg
The Burg, unlike the castle which it replaces, grants :c5gold: gold whenever you complete a :c5citystate: city state quest. It also grants :c5culture: culture whenever you take a mercenary contract.

Here. I assume the other civ is the German empire, then.

Well, it is Germany, but not empire:p

About Maxi, I really like your design, but some questions:
a) about the "Mercenaries" in the UA, do you mean the Mercenary contract units in JFD's Merc. mod or any unit bought from cities?
b) if JFD's Merc. mod is not enable, how should the UB's ability be?
c) do you have any referance picture for the Kaiserliche, or decription about its appearance?

Second is Weimar Republic?
Bingo!

Well, it is Germany, but not empire:p

About Maxi, I really like your design, but some questions:
a) about the "Mercenaries" in the UA, do you mean the Mercenary contract units in JFD's Merc. mod or any unit bought from cities?
b) if JFD's Merc. mod is not enable, how should the UB's ablity be?
c) do you have any referance picture for the Kaiserliche, or decription about its appearance?

Bingo!

a) Mercenary contracts.
b) Same, but instead of getting culture from contracts you will get gold per each city state ally when the city constructs units.
c) Its basically the same as Landsknecht, perhaps with Maximilian Armor.

a) so, the question becomes when JFD's Merc. mod is not enable, how should the 'Mercenaries' part of UA be? And when JFD's CCC is not enable, how should the 'Great dignitaries' part of UA be?

c) ok, I will try to make it...

You didn't see the vanilla design(above the modded version)?

So you do code(and art), and I do... Design stuff?

(P.S. Its mostly your civ)

And as Decision maybe Reform the imperial Military.

Costs: 2 Magistrates and 500Gold

Gain the ability to train Landsknechte in your cities.

or

Gains the policy with witch you can buy Landsknechte and 3free Landsknechte.

Edit: And instead we call the UB "Trutzburg". It fits better to his time and isnt so confusing like Burg.

You're German?
I think that the decison should have different effects:

Reform the Imperial Army
Requirements: must have a great general in your :c5capital: capital, must have researched civil service, must have at least 1 city state ally.
Costs: 2 magistrates, 500 :c5gold: gold.
Rewards: Combat bonus from :c5war: Great generals now applies to mercenary units as well, gain 3 free Kaiserliche units near your capital.

Yep, I´m German and this could be a nice decision with Merc.

If you're making the HRE, here's a UU idea:

Unique Unit: Crusader
Standalone unit of the Holy Roman Empire. Unlocked at Chivalry. May only be purchased with faith :c5faith:. 4 movement :c5moves:. Combat strength :c5strength: increases depending on era. Gains a combat strength :c5strength: bonus against units built in a city following a different religion to your own.

YSo you do code(and art), and I do... Design stuff?
Sure!:D

And as Decision maybe Reform the imperial Military.

Costs: 2 Magistrates and 500Gold

Gain the ability to train Landsknechte in your cities.

or

Gains the policy with witch you can buy Landsknechte and 3free Landsknechte.

Edit: And instead we call the UB "Trutzburg". It fits better to his time and isnt so confusing like Burg.
You're German?
I think that the decison should have different effects:

Reform the Imperial Army
Requirements: must have a great general in your :c5capital: capital, must have researched civil service, must have at least 1 city state ally.
Costs: 2 magistrates, 500 :c5gold: gold.
Rewards: Combat bonus from :c5war: Great generals now applies to mercenary units as well, gain 3 free Kaiserliche units near your capital.
Thanks for the both design!
My original idea is that the decison will be focus on Maximilian I's imperial reform, not about the army but the Imperial circle system and the Reichskammergericht(Imperial Chamber Court). But the Imperial army reform is also a good idea.

If you're making the HRE, here's a UU idea:

Unique Unit: Crusader
Standalone unit of the Holy Roman Empire. Unlocked at Chivalry. May only be purchased with faith :c5faith:. 4 movement :c5moves:. Combat strength :c5strength: increases depending on era. Gains a combat strength :c5strength: bonus against units built in a city following a different religion to your own.
Sorry, it is a HRE civ in late 15c - early 16c, properly not to use a Crusader UU

Just wondering, have you checked if those colors aren't too similar to JFD's HRE and vanilla Russia?
Also, you should probably vary on the yellow-black combos :p
All those icons are in alpha version and the colour might be changed later. The problem is, the colour theme of HRE's coat of arms IS yellow(gold)-black, so it seem it is unavoidable that the colour looks similar to other HRE civs...
But I decide to change the background colour of Weimar Repulic to red.

Attachments

• wei.png
    wei.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 542
The problem is, the colour theme of HRE's coat of arms IS yellow(gold)-black, so it seem it is unavoidable that the colour looks similar to other HRE civs...
While that's true, most of the times we use colour schemes that match the feeling of the civ rather than the colour they actually used. Gray, White, Black with any shade of yellowish colours will "match" people's expectations of the Holy Roman Empire.

For example, I have these colour schemes for different holy roman emperors.

Top Bottom